Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099527 times)

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1155 on: November 19, 2010, 07:20:11 pm »

Shit. Grizzly bear just tore into my sword arm before I killed it, it's useless. I received no other damage other than that.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 19, 2010, 09:22:19 pm »

Shit. Grizzly bear just tore into my sword arm before I killed it, it's useless. I received no other damage other than that.

That usually happens, and it sucks pretty bad when it's your weapon hand. I lost a human to a bashed in hand that never healed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:24:10 pm by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 20, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

I just found two camps right next to each other. It only showed one on the travel map, so I guess they're in the same zone or whatever too?

You can't see them together on the same screen or anything but they're still pretty close. I mean I only found out because their leader found me while I was killing the other camps bandits.

Edit: Actually they both are on the map, I guess you need the quest to see the camp, or I just forgot. Still pretty neat though

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:08:15 am by Eurus »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1158 on: November 20, 2010, 01:11:49 am »

Just fought a jungle titan completely composed out of steam. An arrow destroyed it's shell, then I round-house-kicked it in the body and it evaporated. How the fuck do people get terrorized by these things?

btw, fuck yes, mining picks use mining skill. If it's a high-quality pick, bronze+, then I've not seen anything below a torn muscle/artery when it lands. Usually it shatters bones and skewers organs.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 20, 2010, 01:29:33 am »

Can anyone explain this?  I got a quest to kill a human crossbowman and I get to the camp but it's relatively empty.  I see a U outside my field of vision and when I reach it to investigate, all that's left is a corpse.  I check my announcements and see this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What's strange is that I don't have any bowmen in my party.  I looked around for any enemies and didn't find anything.  Something killed my target but I can't find it. 

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 20, 2010, 01:30:21 am »

EDIT: Oh and for some reason I'm able to strike her with my finely crafted copper greaves although I never remember equipping them :o. Might finish her off with those.

You probably picked them up off the ground when your backpack was full. Or something equally as silly.

Actually, i never was able to full a backpack, even if i put 3 other backpack in. The a 2-handers. Then a hydra corpse.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 20, 2010, 01:36:08 am »

I sliced a bandit's leg off on my newest character. I think proceeded to kick him once in the head and jam his skull through his brain. God I love this game.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 20, 2010, 03:09:51 am »

While gathering an army at the human castle for my first serious quest, a goblin prisoner ran up to me when we were about to head out. I spoke to the pitable creature, who only wished to get out of bondage. Not particularly trusting of goblins, but still pitying him, I offered to take him with me. I figured he could either prove himself a hero, or die a warrior's death.

This goblin then proceeded to survive three assaults on night creatures, as well as a couple ambushes. He never got in a killing blow, though eventually he did pick himself up a nice boning knife. He eventually used it on a pair of lions that ambushed us after cutting through a kobold camp.

Our next assignment was to kill a minotaur, which as far as I could tell lived far away in the middle of the mountains. How could he be a threat so far away? But I shrugged and undertook the long trek. And somewhere out in the snowy wastes, I turned around and our goblin companion was gone. He has his freedom now, I suppose. They do say goblins don't have a loyal bone in their bodies. I guess I'd hoped differently.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

arocoun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You find a wet log book.
« Reply #1163 on: November 20, 2010, 03:45:18 am »

While fishing at the pond one day, you find a book soaking at the edge of the water.  You reach out and grab it.  It has a ruined leather cover, and many wet pages.  You flip through the book, page by page, out of mere curiosity.

The journal ends here.  You take a few moments to scan the environment, but trees limit your vision.  You stash the book in your backpack, retrieve your fishing pole, and prepare to leave.  You grab the silver warhammer with your free hand, hoping it will serve you better than it did its previous owner.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:47:22 am by arocoun »

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 20, 2010, 04:07:59 am »

So I'm playing a Nord Wrestler. I'm wearing naught but my braises and I'm still early in my adventure. But I'm feeling gutsy so I track down this Night Freak. My attempts to combat this thing are clumsy at best and I was getting VERY lucky to avoid the majority of its attacks, I figure I'm a goner just as soon as the luck runs out.

Then this happens.

Thank Armok for last ditch efforts.

Also just because I'm a sick bastard. I made myself a nice thong out of some Nord skin I found inside the Freak's den.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04:57 pm »

I set out as a demigod hammerdwarf, did a few missions. Found a fort and decided that I definitely needed some help, because I had a close call earlier with a Freak of Night.

I recruited a couple people - a Lasher lady and a Spearman guy. They were shoddy at first, taking a crazy amount of blows, and I was sure they wouldn't survive. The Lasher specifically lost the ability to walk and kept passing out. They both lost a hold on their weapons. Then the Spearman FLIPPED OUT. He became enraged and ran off over the hill towards the center of the bandit camp, so I left the unconscious Lasher behind and went over the rise to see what he was doing. Apparently a Crossbow-wielding bandit earned the Spearman's ire, and made him completely feral by shooting at him.

Anyway, before I can even get close enough to swing, he bit the Crossbowman's mouth, latching on and bruising the cheek. I thought this was hilarious enough, until he bit the guy's eyeball and started shaking him around by it. I eventually get over there and hit the Crossbowman (now a Wrestler due to all the grappling he had to do with my crazy guy) in the head a couple times.

My Wrestler proceeds to kick apart the guy's brain.

I'm kind of scared of him by now. He's bitten off several peoples' toes and ears at this point, and seems almost unstoppable when he gets his teeth into someone. Let's hope he doesn't turn on me...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:06:40 pm by Earwig »
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 20, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »

A cannibalistic wrestler... Awesome!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »

Ulrich is still alive, and definitely still fighting. I just cleared out a camp of bandits, with my bum arm.

Edit: Never mind, bogeymen.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:49:33 pm by Confused111 »

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 20, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

Spoiler: Previously... (click to show/hide)

I was worried when I entered the minotaur's lair with only three companions, and all of them lacking the ablity to stand. I figured they'd just get put down one by one and I'd regret losing most of my meatshields in the mountains somehow. But after some poking at the beast with my lesser skilled weapons, I took him out with a lash strike to the head without losing anyone.

Upon my return, the lord of the castle sent me to accomplish my most daunting task yet - kill a tundra titan. I'd never even seen one, so I recruited tons of soldiers to take it on.

We were ambushed on the way by goblins. I can only wonder if the former prisoner orchestrated this somehow. At any rate, we were doing just fine until the goblin commander roared out of hiding. His skill with the spear was unsurpassed. I tried my old standby of lash-to-the-face, which had served me well even on night creatures. I couldn't hit the guy. Even as I was fading out, a messy spearwound in my head, I watched him dodge every arrow my bowmen sent his way...

What a beast. A worthy opponent, sez I.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:55 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1733585#msg1733585

24th of Malachite/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
25th  Malachite/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
26th   Malachite/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
28h   Malachite/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
2nd of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension

Ahab is probably my longest character I've written about and makes me think that dual wielding and dodging his rediculously awesome, the combination of sword and mace is devastating and I am rarely hit, and the new armor will help a lot, I was surprised by the ease of which we murdered those goblins, and my human peasant probably will not make it very far now after the Ettin, I can't imagine him walking or attacking with his bronze knife anymore. You were a good peasant Ebi Wanedrushed =[
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:46:35 pm by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1104