Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099486 times)

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1185 on: November 21, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »

So looking in Ahab's legacy list in a copy of the newest adventures, I got these little facts down since thanks to a new adventure, ahab may not survive, and I'll just keep linking here every update.

AHAB CELLBLADE The Pillars of Confederating

Ahab the dwarf, known in birth as "Ahab Kirortarmid Obok Mulash", was born in 351 making him 71 years old at the time of his adventuring, the midsummer of 420

During his travels he has become a hero in the eyes of over 50 different entities, as well as joining three different empires! Ahab has killed 20 different enemies in Opuxah, not to mention the countless beasts and fiends his companions murdered. Ahab's killcount contains these kills, plus many more!

Ida Focusedletters the Ettin, with a mace hammer bashed into her two heads!
Therset Applehailed with a bronze sword lodged in his wounds!
Thadar Arrowbook, his iron longsword shredding the bowman apart!
Snang Dreadplaits the goblin, who tasted Ahab's iron longsword!
Jade Sparks the dragon, who died with a silver pike embedded deep in her lung!
Alu Holebear, who's death was not remembered by Ahab!
Bini Agedrevered, he surely did not enjoy getting his brain smashed in with a hammer!
Dawnedsunken the elephant, how did an elephant get in here what is this.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:28:40 pm by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 21, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »

My great adventurer just came back from a long campaign against many great beasts of the land. I decided to retire him in a fort so he could defend it. Maybe one day I will go and strangle him and gourge his eyes out and play him again..
Yes... :)
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Dryvus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 21, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »

My dwarf seems to have acquired a magical disintegrating backpack. I noticed it was missing after fighting a frost wyrm, and then learned that there is a chance it can be knocked off while fighting. Scoured the lair a couple of times and found it. Then I picked up a couple nice items and set off to return to the world map. About fifteen tiles away from the entrance, all the items in my backpack fell to the ground, and said backpack is nowhere to be seen. I can't rule out my own incompetence/having done something I didn't realize/that I might be terrible at noticing the item I'm looking for in lists, so it's extra frustrating. But if anyone else has had a backpack or piece of equipment that phases in and out of existence, do tell.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 21, 2010, 02:14:29 pm »

Hmm. Not going well.
I have had my first five adventures in 31.18, and it seems to be a tiny bit more difficult.
All have died within the first few turns of a fight.
Any tips? Thanks.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:40 pm »

Hmm. Not going well.
I have had my first five adventures in 31.18, and it seems to be a tiny bit more difficult.
All have died within the first few turns of a fight.
Any tips? Thanks.
throwing and high agility are your friends, use slashing weapons rather than bashing, as most early fight are against organics and enemies with little armor and get your throwing high enough to fucks hit up with spears and thrown hammers you find.

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 21, 2010, 02:23:42 pm »

Too bad; I had a great legend human hero, with a dagger in a hand and a long sword in the other. He had a band of experienced companions; and during a fight, I mistakenly targetted my oldest surviving companion. They all attacked me, and I could not kill them all...
I don't pay enough attention to the warning messages.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 21, 2010, 02:30:01 pm »

Thing is, everything that wants to kill me rushes me before I can throw everything.
Mind you, hasn't wrestling got a lot worse over the versions?
Because that's been my main way of attack.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 21, 2010, 02:30:44 pm »

I had something similar happen, less by accident than misunderstanding. I thought I could practice a few harmless wrestling holds on a companion, and wound up on the receiving end of a silver whip I so wanted. Rope reed fiber isn't much protection from that, or the bronze sword of my other companion.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 21, 2010, 02:43:27 pm »

Had a rather unsuccesful fight (on my part) against some bandits. Most of the battle comprised of me throwing my iron pick at the leader, who dodged and sent it flying across the map. I then spent ages retreving it whilst my companions suffered bad injuries protecting me against the bandits. I rewarded them by coming in and stealing their kills ;)

Now off to fight a night creature with 15 kills (most I've seen one have). Considering the last night creature, whom the numerically challenged villager assured me had only killed 2, had 7 skulls of different people in her lair I'm expecting around 100 bodies in this one!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 21, 2010, 02:48:05 pm »

Throwing in fighting is for sissies, melee all the way is what real men do. (Throwing is good to raise stats though and is easy to raise to legendary)

Edit: No offence intended im a sissy too sometimes throwing is too fun lol
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:52:49 pm by toupz »

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 21, 2010, 03:14:52 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1737652#msg1737652

3rd of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
6th of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
7th of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
12th of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
Short update, but big events inside!
Nothing can defeat Ahab, he is the legendary dwarf to save Opuxah from the evil within! But how will he are against Lethari, If Jade Sparks was any indication it will certainly be a dragon blood bath  :D as well, I found a bronze pick in wintergleamed, so expect some pick filled chaos!

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 21, 2010, 03:17:51 pm »

Well throwing just saved my ass when the night creature ripped my weapon arm to shreads. Just chucked iron bolts at it while my followers kept it busy,somehow picked up the credit for killing it. Have had to give up my shield to continue using my pick but dammit I want to be at least a proficient miner before I retire/die!

Off to tackle my first hydra, may regret not using the shield to protecting myself while letting the other guys do the damage :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:19:25 pm by killran »

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:30 pm »

My character Sonja recently slew a set of animated armor. Butchering the armor broke it down into individual pieces. I scooped up the the sword and since then almost every attack I make leads to serious mortal damage, dismemberment or one strike death. I can't believe how powerful this thing is.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 21, 2010, 03:43:02 pm »

The horror!

After dieing repeatedly anyway, I decided to start as a human outsider demigod. The game shat me out in the middle of a hostile civ, where nobody was willing to talk to me but nobody that hadn't heard my voice was willing to kill me. I could live with this, and tried to make the best of it by sleeping right outside the door of people's houses, so that when bogeymen came for me i could just open the door and they'd vanish. I spent the days searching the wilds for lairs, caves, camps, anything to kill for a little respect. I had just found a cave, not a lair, where I figured I could fight and win against at least one beast before heading home for glory. That never happened though.
While wandering outside looking for a way in I ran headlong into a gorilla. Not a big deal right? Only one ape that would run off and I could stealth again and keep circling the mound. Of course not! This thing was pissed! It knocked me over and beat me to a bloody pulp like no other priest of Armok ever could! In three key presses I was done in, having bled out from the shear amount of flesh torn from my body.
Gorillas are terrifying!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1199 on: November 21, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »

Yeah, on my first adventurer, first mission, I was sent to kill a giantess with 150 kills. Turned out she lived in a den with 5 other giants. That was interesting.

@eric
I think outsiders are supposed to kill peeps, not monsters. That's why you're in a 'hostile' civ; you're a bandit.
And yeah, don't fuck with gorillas.

-edit
btw, my character somehow started with superhuman str, agi, end, tough, rec, spsence, knsence, and high/above average everything else. Made in 31.16, don't remember allocating points.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:53:17 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1104