Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099971 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2010, 07:28:58 pm »

Elves do that constantly. It's why we murder them.

Clearly that General has witnessed something on the scale of Boatmurdered. Drove him insane most likely.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2010, 09:18:16 am »

I've inadvertently pissed off the dwarves by killing my retired assassin when I came across him. I don't want to fight them; they're the only ones in a position to fight the Union! So I decided to go hunting megabeasts on my own, since most of them went to ground so long ago that no one holds a grudge against them. The dragon who terrorized my own village up to about 10 years before I picked up a sword is living in a cave on another continent, so all I can do is learn to swim or find an underground passage to get to her. I tried hunting a titan, but how do you do that, exactly? His residence is a geographical region that stretches across the screen; the best I could do is climb the highest peak, kill a few giant eagles, and spend a few days yodeling and sleeping. It didn't work.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:55 pm »

testing out if one can cage companions in cage traps so that one can stock up on meat shields and won't worry about going over the limit(hopefully I can carry the caged friends)
first will be done with normal cage traps and teleporting them on top to see if it works, if it does then on to the non modded way with 2 floors and a pit filled with Cage traps and a bridge.

so far I got a wounded dwarf who has 2 goblin test subjects.
really wish that one could just make a Cage trap using custom reactions but alas we can't.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2010, 09:35:07 pm »

I accimentally stole a boot and now out of rage I'm butchering every single town in the entire region one by one.

Killed a Lizard Demon too.

107 Kills thus far, all notable.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2010, 03:10:00 am »

A giant snake just bite my lower body off, I survived somehow and lived to stab it in the face, then I died because the venom. Normal day of adventuring.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2010, 03:52:37 am »

I was travelling underground and got ambushed by some carp and a crocodile.I escaped but then got Lost Adventurer Fever (Genesis mod monster breath attack) and started to pass out while swimming however I managed to make it to land.Only to be killed by a giant spider FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Nomus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:27 am »

My legendary adventurer just got slain by a one year old human girl in single combat, after I killed everyone in her village.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2010, 05:59:26 am »

My legendary adventurer just got slain by a one year old human girl in single combat, after I killed everyone in her village.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I call for revenge.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2010, 12:28:05 pm »

Started a new world, playing an elf from a doomed hometown. Oh, so very doomed, doomed, doomed. I just came home from reporting the success of a dragonslaying when three fiends were ripping the place apart, along with the druid who gave me the quest. It looked like a few satyrs and unicorns were taking advantage of the chaos to get into a little elf-slaying of their own. I fought off the devils and at least 8 named satyrs and unicorns.

I left for less than a day and more devils were rampaging, and at least one more satyr. Thankfully the queen wasn't there, but the princess who gave me another quest was there and slain. I couldn't catch up to them all in time, and the bastards managed to completely wipe out the population and left a ruin. The only other survivor was a spearman I brought along with, who I later learned was the queen's only son.

Could there be a gateway to hell around here? This was a freshly generated world, and I hadn't even run a dwarf fortress to dig that deep, but could a breach have happened in the generated history? I can't think of any other explanation for the sudden appearance of these monsters, since none of them have any history in Legends until their attack on my village.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2010, 09:44:01 pm »

^ A new tale of chaos and adventure is unfolding before you...time to leave your mark in the history books (preferably with blood).

And yes...demons do tend to get to the surface through other means (chasms and deep caves I think...but how exactly to you you create chasms in world gen?)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2010, 10:30:24 pm »

but how exactly to you you create chasms in world gen?)
Not by intent, I can tell you that. I just made it the biggest region size, and upped the min elevation by 10 for no particular reason. I got down under the village to search, found a passageway down many more z-levels than I could keep track of. But the lowest level was completely submerged, and even a Legendary swimmer can't handle a little drowning.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2010, 10:43:23 pm »

breakthrough in retiring studies.
cage trapping your self and walking away from the cage trap using runesmith will end up killing you and selecting some random person near by to play as(I became one of the migrant bronze that help build the trap which granted me the ability to see where they where some how?).
the twist is if you walk back to the cage and free your self you still be alive.
sadly before I could have travel off with my body I kinda melted it(self?) due to it walk into another cage trap and I being stupid not to wait to cool off from grabbing the !!fire!! try to pick up the cage...
so pretty much kill my self I also found out I can no longer cage trap my self due to being apart of the Civ who made it.

in a way to describe this in game would be.
using runes to free your mind and soul grants one the ability to continue on while your body is still trap.
the spirit must burn the cage trapping the body to return or it will lose all memory and cling to the nearest living body by then burning the cage will just free the body and not the mind and soul.

dang well time to recreate this but less melting and more selling adventurers to human shops.

wait? this could means one can shove a adventure in a old fort Anywhere outside of town.
oh my this the missing link to adventurer based hermit forts!
wooo!

Edit: oh wait dying in the game this way would place you in a dwarf fortress version of Quantum leap "t"raveling any where will dump you into a different body some underground which means unless the creature is under a town it can't Leap to the next body via traveling.
oh and killing your self in won't give you back your adventurer unless you some how get lucky from the random swaps and return... shoot I became a naked mole dog in a under ground cavern the first leap, to a prison 8 year old elf boy in a goblin camp to giant toad... oh and you might be teleported miles away from the original starting point.

I would love to see a community game using this.
well I'm off to see if there another way to bypass town retiring and still get to paly as the adventurer after the fort fails.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:44:16 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 23, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

There's without a doubt a demon invasion going on; these things are showing up everywhere now, stealing my kills and quest-givers, chewing up my companions before I'm done with them. Four of them have attacked the dwarven capital I've been working for, crippled the poor king (but on the positive side I'm now dressed completely in silk and steel -- no more rope reed for this elf!)

Would +10 altitude make that much difference in worldgen? It's a big departure from last world, with all default params. There were a few devils from the beginning, but most of them went native, and the one who became leader of the big Empire was a pacifist -- not a single kill on his record. In all, not such a bad guy, I wish I'd let him live.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2010, 08:09:58 am »

so im playing on this world: huge region, hundreds of caves and one lone goblin (what?)

history reveals that forgotten beasts pwned everything except that goblin. the goblin was a founder of some dark fortress, he became a general shortly before the grand dragon attack, everyone died around him while he ran to the hills. now, after year 50 every 100 years he gets to the "depths of the world", tames some random beast and goes back up. in the later he didnt do anything there. my quest now is to find this goblin and kill him.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12:38 am »

You know, if you recruit him, you could go kill all the forgotten beasts and gather their pieces to throw in the nearest volcano.

Then you betray him and throw him in the volcano.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1104