Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099395 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #915 on: November 13, 2010, 03:32:44 pm »

I just vanquished two giants with 30+kills, with only a shattered cartilage in my left ear. Any way to fix that, or should I wear it proudly as my first battle scar?

If quick travel doesn't fix it, nothing in Adventure Mode can because you can't get doctors to help you.

Scarring actually seems to be more frequent in this version; my previous adventure got a scar from nearly every injury.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #916 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:46 pm »

Haha. Hahahahaha.
Playing as a koopa with the mixmod on .17. I fell down a brook waterfall. My shelf fell off.
I have a new throwing weapon.
 :P :P :P

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:14 pm »

Genned up a new world in order not to gimp on my old legendary adventurer's age and return to him once I figure out how to make him walk again. One bandit camp gobbled up three adventurers... y'know I'm better off making a new one.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 13, 2010, 04:57:47 pm »

Killed every cackling boogeyman watching me.
After that I just killed 200 more people. Also somewhere near 50 raptors and 10 dragon raptors.
Not pretty sure about numbers though.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2010, 04:57:49 pm »

I just vanquished two giants with 30+kills, with only a shattered cartilage in my left ear. Any way to fix that, or should I wear it proudly as my first battle scar?

If quick travel doesn't fix it, nothing in Adventure Mode can because you can't get doctors to help you.

Scarring actually seems to be more frequent in this version; my previous adventure got a scar from nearly every injury.

heh, are you sure? it's gotten infected....
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2010, 05:16:03 pm »

Hacked about the entire army of a fortress to death.
Also, I tore somebody's eyes apart and took out their front teeth.
DENTIST
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:23:34 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2010, 06:35:23 pm »

Well, I've killed lots of random outlaws.  Now I'm taking quests from the Lady to kill random creatures of the night.  My Iron Short Sword decapitated the last one on my first turn fighting him, so...

Massive party of completely random people following, heh.  I SHALL DESTROY ALL EVIL IN THIS WORLD

Heh, when asking for surroundings, she told me about an outlaw I killed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:39:26 pm by Leafsnail »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:33 pm »

Well, I recruited a small army of 11 swordsman and axeman and rushed towards a lair, on the way there, we had to stop in the middle of nowhere to sleep. We got ambushed by a huge group of bandits, around 20. Half my group was killed and I got my left arm looped off, after the ambush was over, me and my 5 other comrades continued our journey to south. Then we got ambushed again...a group of mastodons ambushed us, provoking chaos, in the charge I got my other arm smashed and my brain bruised along other mortal wounds.

Shortly after,I was destroyed in the middle of the mastodon group.

I died with the respect of over 20 groups
Mastodons? Hehe, it means you're another one who plays the mod. Not many people reply in the thread, but seeing that it's useful is a good charge to continue.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 13, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »

Hey, I've been tasked with a cyclops that has killed 83.  Seems I'm moving up in the world.

Also... my fifth toe's right foot's nail appears to have got an infection (god only knows how I even received such a specific injury from a spear).  Damn.

Huh... now I'm killing a Savannah Titan with 82 kills to its name.  Seems to be a one eyed, shelled cat.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:26:09 pm by Leafsnail »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 13, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »

I just stabbed a massive 10 foot tall mantis to death with a stone bonecarving knife because I didn't realize I still had my sword in my backpack.

I am both surprised I'm alive and surprised I can be so stupid as to not notice what I'm attacking with.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:28 pm »

How do i play that mod and what is it?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #926 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:45 pm »

Just got to my first fortress, but can't find a way in.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 13, 2010, 09:22:53 pm »

Just got to my first fortress, but can't find a way in.
Did you remember to leave the keys under the mat?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:26 pm »

I must be going nuts or something.
I abandoned an elf adventurer after I found out elves are dwarf sized, but after tooling around with a bunch of other adventurers I came back thinking to turn her into a wrestler/knife user. Upon opening her inventory I find she's suddenly sporting a set of cat leather armor as well as an iron helm and a metric fuckton of animal part jewelry. Two pages of the stuff, and she's also holding 7 bone crowns.
I'm 99% sure I didn't pick any of this stuff up. Is it normal for adventurers to get stuff while retired or did I just blank out?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #929 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26:49 pm »

@ Killinteim
DON'T LOOK GIFTHORSES IN THE MOUTH.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:42:01 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1104