Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093979 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6855 on: September 28, 2014, 08:54:32 am »

oh the freeze is just your character actions being jammed locking you out of movement.

I just had my minotaur(before I retired him) caught by this from blocking, and I had to restart it's Ai by knocking it around... with explosions.

Did you even look at the link? The application freezes up and stops responding completely, it's not the 'adventurer gets stuck in stasis' bug. Which btw I actually ran into when I attacked an unit about to die (I think), but fortunately, it only lasted a couple of in game hours until an xbowman tried to melee me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: September 28, 2014, 10:01:59 am »

oh the freeze is just your character actions being jammed locking you out of movement.

I just had my minotaur(before I retired him) caught by this from blocking, and I had to restart it's Ai by knocking it around... with explosions.

Did you even look at the link? The application freezes up and stops responding completely, it's not the 'adventurer gets stuck in stasis' bug. Which btw I actually ran into when I attacked an unit about to die (I think), but fortunately, it only lasted a couple of in game hours until an xbowman tried to melee me.
Oh sorry thought you're talking about the status bug.  since that one and the 'dwarf staring at the edge' one from fort mode share the same hot fix solution which is to knock the dwarf around.
I could be completely wrong and the boundary box bug you're talking about doesn't lock your character in stasis and a totally different bug.

so in not bug news, I rolled a serpentman and bump into a patrol group, they didn't seem to attack me at first so I went back and grab a companion then boom they fired loads of arrows at me.
they kinda had a bunch of elves and other serpentmen and a lord consort in the group. after I was dodging blows from this consort is when I started to wonder if I was killing some princess or prince and ruining ties to other nations.
but all that poof when my companions started murdering them before I could do any serious damage, that and most of the enemy kinda burn alive from a stray firebreathe attack. now comes the waiting game to see if I spat on everyone shoes by fighting these blokes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:38 am »

Beekeeper (to Farmer): In a time before time I attacked me.
()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: September 28, 2014, 10:22:37 am »

That be a bug of unknown orgin. 
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: September 28, 2014, 11:46:26 am »

That be a bug of unknown orgin. 

Yeah, nobody knows how to reliably reproduce it in the arena and the one time I saw someone actually run into that in the arena, that person had no clue what triggered it.

Anyways, after my previous adventurer died rather spectactularily (exploded when he collided with an obstacle), I rolled up a new one with a civ which is supposedly at war with a goblin civ, though my commander didn't give any hearthperson/fortress guard type quest. Went over to the occupied hillock, grabbed a few drunks to overthrow the occupation, but I guess it's a bit buggy atm since a couple turns later, they went 'yay! occupation overthrown!' without really overthrowing it.

Also, according to legendsviewer, there is a cave nearby which is supposed to be occupied by a bunch of refugees, so I checked that out, nobody there. Not sure what's up with that.

I guess I'll go and forcefully liberate the hillock.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:21 pm »

Went over to the occupied hillock, grabbed a few drunks to overthrow the occupation, but I guess it's a bit buggy atm since a couple turns later, they went 'yay! occupation overthrown!' without really overthrowing it.

I got the same thing a dozen of adventurers ago, i didn't reported because unfortunately i didn't had a save from before i dragged 2 drunks into it.
The thing is that before or after the end of the "occupation" (supposed to be a goblin civ) , there was no goblin at all around the hillock, around the hamlet and no " * " anywhere at rather long distance of that dwarven settlement.

I wonder if the lack of occupation troops is relate to all those " camp order missing parent -- army will camp forever " i see often in the error log , along with so many " * " i run into that are made of people sleeping forever and never waking up in tents.
Maybe while the occupation is triggered in the world update /worldgen code, the army just fail to path and it's just end broken.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: September 28, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »

It finally happen someone round up all the pets and sic them at the keep I was guarding and I was at the receiving end of the attack.
My snakeman hearthperson was awaken in the dead of night by pecking at the door.
Man all this reminds me of loyalty cascades and how viral it gets. though back then it was more contained and easily track, but now it's breed with the common cold or something and any named person could be carrying the sickness.
and hell they could be even once friendly units. oh man this is so much FUN. might have to avoid killing folks out right and leave that up to the companions.

Wait I remember how this sparked I brain a snakeman infront of some animals and him suffocating must have riled them up mighty fierce.

Welp found the source of all this shenanigans: Daemon

well this happen twice in a row so it's a common occurrence, not going to scream bug for this since I'm playing on an old 31. mod updated for the new game might be the case of the demon entity that's in the raws.
then again maybe the home keep gets invaded by all sorts of stuff and if any player decided to role play stay at home dad they don't get bored as well?

Man this is Great feels like I'm playing some mini game where you defend the lord from hostile invaders.

edit: okay so this venture getting zany, I a few seconds before making that screencap went to the river and quench my thirst, and figure since I had no waterbag I should give all the water to my companion, no big he accepts it.

flash forward to now we're being attacked by daemon possessed Livestock and my companion who a swordsman was striking folks down and cutting them apart, now I remember he had no sword after dropping them the second time, so what is he using to kill these beetles? the answer was Water.

update: oh god the salt phantom is a shelled Weevil.  if anything I take from this adventurer is that you can give companions silly items and they will use that as a weapon.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:33:37 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: September 28, 2014, 04:36:24 pm »

DP
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:40:24 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: September 28, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »

I think Im getting ambushed by robber gangs, but they seem to be from my civ so they ignore me and run about frantically and my slower companions give chase?

They have conversations with me and clearly dont want to fight . . .

We;;, they are definitely robbers . . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But why my drunk?
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

I think Im getting ambushed by robber gangs, but they seem to be from my civ so they ignore me and run about frantically and my slower companions give chase?

They have conversations with me and clearly dont want to fight . . .

We;;, they are definitely robbers . . .

But why my drunk?
  because telling the player to drop their items would lead to you murdering them on the spot, though they will demand you stuff if you stand around as long.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: September 28, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »

So my current peasant character was crossing a town, decided to stay in someone house to sleep the night (none want to join me, despite i had put some social skill, i guess peasant have it even more difficult than regular hero/demigod even for the recruitment).

During the night, i noticed in the world map a  *  next to the town, i thought it was yet another case of bandit harrassing, so at the morning, i waited a hour to see the light of the day (as sleeping until dawn still wake you in the dark) and started moving in stealth to see if i could find those bandits without being spotted.

In the middle of the main street i saw a red arc appear, hmm line of sight to my direction, i guess i'll just move to that other street to get in the back ... huh wait, it's not an arc, it's a 360 degree red line of sight !
Wait 1 turn , a Ñ appears and obviously the thing is sprinting toward me (as those creature do not care about stealth anyways).

No way a peasant with low skill can even dream of being superlucky and survive such encounter.
I decided to change my walk into sprint and hope to get some distance, unfortunately i quickly saw that the night creature was way much faster than my sprinting peasant, he got to me in a couple of turn and the carnage started.

Well, i tried to make peace, unfortunately night trolls do not care.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: September 28, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »

This was weird...

I spoiled 5 of 7 of my adventurers with vampire blood, 3 of them know secrets of life and death...

Thili was good girl, she was always helping everyone. She praise godness of death, so she was always close when somebody was dying, because ill, wounds or just old age. Some day when she meet lord in town, she start talking with him. They was just speaking about weather, living in hemlet and stuff like it. Next day lord's consort came to Thili home and started yelling at her. Thili was really suprised when Agabi tried to hit her in the face, but she jumped away and... hit in the wall. Anger in Thili body raised quickly, she jumped into consort side and precised punched her into head...

This was first time when Thili used violence. She never before used any violence, even, agains cats. She won fist fight, but fisherman Mobi, atacked her too, because she beaten to uncorsious lord consort. Thili cripled Mobi, breaking his hip, and ran away from Focusedrules, her home hemlet...

When she was wandering by desert, she meet two soldiers. They was on important mission, but after short talk, they abadoned mission and join to Thili. She was so escatic! They arrived to small neighbor hemlet lord, his name will be forgoten, where she heard rumors about Ospram, who accused Bugi for being vampire, but bugi ran away from village. She asked soldier stating hear lord where she can find Bugi, and Mitiam agreed to guide her to Bugi.

After three days of harsh march, small fight with wolves, where Thili was just standing and watching how mans are doing Their job, they arrived and found Bugi, she managed to bite him, but he punched her into arm so hard, she passed out. When she waked up, one of Thili companions and guide was dead, there was a lot of blood and no sign after Bugi... She feld strange... She accidentaly swallowed some cursed blood... She was able to say where being was without looking at them.

She do not told anybody about this. She just ordered her companion to follow her to the desert. She heard there was magical town, where architects was killed in some kind of accident, but she never knew details. When they was close, they started sneak to front doors. Sneaking on desert is really hard, sand was very hot. Then... Some creatures jumped out by doors, running straight into their directions. Thili just push her head into sad and closed her eyes. She heard her fiend yelling. She feeld like creatures are chassing her friend, and nobody inside tower. She slip in, and sprinted away as fast, as her legs allowed her. He discovered she is not tired, even, when she ran quite long distance.

She was running whole day, night, another day and at midnight she came back to her town. Slowly she slip inside her old home... She slowly put her hand on lord consort throad. Then she feeld she must suck some blood. When she started, she feeld soo much pleasure, as she sucked whole blood. Agabi was dead... Thili realized she killd first person in her whole life... But she doesn't feeld satisfied. She made gesture and lifeless Agabi body start moving. Corpse atacked Mobi, cripled before defender of Agabi honor. Then Agabi killed all other people in cotage. Until dawn, whole village was dead or reanimated. She arrived to mead hall, where lord was waiting. When 30 corpses runned into it, lord not even tried to flee, he drawed his knife and was waiting for his fate... Agabi corpse bited lord in his face... and it was end of the Focusedrules...

In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: September 28, 2014, 07:01:30 pm »

After a week, Thili arrived to Craftplay, human capital. She was not alone, when she was slowly sneaking into town, her horde was exterminating town folks one by one. Many humans died and returned from death. She managed to break up by whole outer ring, then she jumped on outer wall from tree, leaving they minions alone. But animated cropses knew where Their masterin is. They was fallowing, killing everybody who stand on their way. She stoped at market, just to look at things, looking for some strong booze for lord of Craftplay.

Then fight sounds came from every said. She knew what is going on. She used moment when traders was atracted by incoming invaders and take good dwarven ale and some gems nad ran into castle. She was suprised when in castle was... Ospram, legendary vampire hunter. He greeted her, so she was continuing talk. She gave him slab with secrets of life and death, stolen gems and... Ospram atacked her! Before she was able to react, he grabed her head and gouge her both eyes. She passed out.

When she waked up she feel great pain. Her eye holes was still bleeding, she saw nothing. Ospram did not killed her, she never saw him again. Her sign never came back...

In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 28, 2014, 09:18:42 pm »

Nice story Nikow !

A previous character had the foolishness to go into a tomb.
As expected it didn't turned out well.

A new character and his party were moving around, i decided to foolishly go back there again :D

I noticed a  *  roaming around, i decided to move there, went to the gameplay map and walked in the direction of ... the mummy of the tomb, the guy decided to go for a walk.
Well, the sight wasn't that great

The fight was going very noticably well for us (in fact i was surprised, considering how usually my companions fare vs undead) one of my pikeman ally managed to cut the mummy hand, that the thing reanimated

I'm not sure if it was the same pikeman (as i have 2 in my party), but the guy finished the undead hand

a pikeman was really not letting it go, and cut the other hand

No more hand, no more gesturing to raise body part apparently, the mummy was out of options and jumped into a little pond, and my pikemen obviously hating that mummy a lot followed it in water, while i was trying to join

Then the mummy lost again a body part :

Until one of my crossbowman stole the kill of my pikeman

I was basically useless in that fight, missing nearly of my head/neck bashing while my team was doing really great

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 28, 2014, 09:32:14 pm »

Question, how did you get four in your party? I can only get a max of three.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1104