Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094083 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6840 on: September 27, 2014, 01:54:31 pm »

Just... Do not kill nobody. And everything will be less broken. :) If somebody atacked you, just punch him courple times, he will yield. If not, he will fall uncorsious, and... you can just go. Or rob him before... You can be even a vampire without killing, just stab by some spear your target and run away.

And rumors are spreading just fine, if you are not using soo much quick travel. I think quick travel is kinda broken, because when i am not using it too much i can hear rumors from other sites. Sometimes i am spreading them alone, sometime i am using to it my compatnions.

And rumors if you meet any wild animal are bad thing. But yes, it seems like animals are spreading some rummors beetween themself. If you are wandering in wild and meet some animalpeople, you can see how it works. :)

For science, i killd some chief in banind camp, i made sure nobody saw me, because i was wampire with live sense and i killed myself by jumping from cliff. Nothing saw me, no animal, no human, during killing and during suiciding. Sadly, my retired lord heard rumors about vampire killing chief...
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: September 27, 2014, 01:55:54 pm »

In general, I have noticed that save/reload tends to cause all the relationships to update to their proper status.  So if you are getting an unreasonable response, try that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: September 27, 2014, 02:41:47 pm »

with that all said I really should try to recruit folks via insurrection because what Ptb_ptb doing sounds fun as hell.

back to minotaur rampaging news: I notice talking about insurrections against your own civ causes folks to wig...oh wait no they don't care. in weirder news I have form a congaline after my recent visit to my keep.

edit: retired the minotaur to start up a sillier idea of stealth assassination via trading really hot items to folks. might play a no combat skilled peasant just to help push the no-combat playstyle.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:10:04 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: September 27, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

I'm trying to play some kind of DF version of Robin Hood, taking only from warriors and nobles.
There was a gang of bandit in town, most goblins but a couple of humans warriors with them.

I started as a peasant to see if stealth is harder when you can't get much skill at character creation.
And well , i just wrestled the weapon with my hand and moved back, keeping it with me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That goblin will certainly wonder whatever happened. Can't really do the same from other members of that ground, as their sights are covering each other.

I wonder if such a weapon is worthy for trading, as it's silver after all, must be good value as a material i hope in DF worlds.
I never tried to trade in 40.x as usually i take everything from castle bags and chests but for my roleplayed guy it's not really going to happen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:12:23 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: September 27, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »

I'm trying to slaughter all dwarves of an isolated civ (as member of said civ) which is isolated from others by a surrounding mountain range when DF freezes up due to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8316 asdfgibvjgvhj

I hope Toady One looks at these last couple of crashes and freezeups with adventure mode, plus this midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds error.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: September 27, 2014, 06:10:20 pm »

This is a really bad one, i hope it will get some priority because this one is leading to a crash, usually that's the kind of report that get most of Toady attention as i remember him making crash priority.

My character had some bad luck, after slowly crawling away (hoping it would help in regard to stealth) from the goblin, for some reason the goblin turned 180 to face me a bit before i moved him out of my screen, and he sprinted to me and started to punch me to death, while my low skilled in everything peasant was unable to land a single hit even on completely green chances.

It was so bad that i went unconscious, then came back and noticed that out of "mortal wound", i was winded, i clicked on wrestle instead of strike and saw the option to break the grip on my throat.
Damn, that goblin was trying to strangle me.

After half a dozen of misses while the goblin was landing half of his punches (i had a shield but so bad skill again) i went unconscious again, then wake up, then unconscious then wake up while the goblin was still punching me (lucky i took his mace then)
At some point the situation was so desesperate that i decided to use a kick instead of my weapon (the only combat skill i had was with a weapon)
And i kicked the goblin into being unconscious ?
From there as i was lying down i gave half a hundred of more kicks in his face until the damned thing died.

That surprising extremely lucky kick that hit (as i had no skill at all in kicker) where weapons with which i had some skill could only miss reminds me an early 40.x situation very similar where i couldn't hit at all a bogeyman that was just killing me and against all odd (no skill in kicker too) the kick landed and helped to bring the beast down.

Hmm, i wonder if it's really just me being very lucky , or if those are both very similar situation , there's not some underlying bug there regarding kicking when you're lying on the ground

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:12:01 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: September 27, 2014, 06:47:36 pm »

Oh wow, i managed to kill another of the goblins (after having rested in the wilderness so i could heal and use my weapons) , managed to wrestle his scourge and his shield out of him , and despite he punched me, i managed to charge him to the ground several time, allowing me to hit with my whip when he was standing up (only times i managed to hit him).

Then deciding to move back to the keep of that city to see there was a warrior willing to help me (as the house have only human priest and human "first cavern" (probably big honchos of their cult) as there are 2 temples ! in that town , i entered the main building and i find one of the goblin (a swordman) and next to him 2 human corpses !

Not sure if it's some of the modded raws i used or if it's something that can happen, but it looks like the bandits terrorizing the town decided to up their game and kill the town lord and his guards !

For some reason he left a child alive and is not hostile to me but discussing with the child.
At first i thought maybe it was a keep soldier, but in the dialogue he used the "i'm on a mission" thing that bandits in wilderness often reply with

I noticed too in the top of a house next to the keep, there's another goblin swordman on the roof looking around.
Looks like that's not your average bandit group, those are rather well organised and killing a town lord and his guard(s) isn't really something i see bandit in town doing.

I noticed too that i'm missing a hand, so early in the game that's not good news.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:49:45 pm by Robsoie »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: September 27, 2014, 06:59:14 pm »

No, only a finger.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: September 27, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »

Ah yes, re-reading it's only a finger, that's much better as iwill be able to use the shield i took from the goblins.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: September 27, 2014, 07:50:09 pm »

so far deon well toby thankfully made adventure reactions that allows you to craft firearrows, my Peasant keeper lady with no combat skills quickly rose the ranks of lady of 2 keeps by initiating trade with a lord/lady then giving them 'hot coal' sadly or funny I have to trade another item on top of burning arrow to get them to accept.
after that I just wait and watch them pocket the burning item into their pouch and wait to sweep in and take over the lands.
Learn recently that becoming a lord/lady means you get access to asking where's the towns forces are... the same force that looks like bandits are the town guards.
Whoops.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: September 27, 2014, 08:53:06 pm »

taking over cities with hot coals trading, that's a first :D

My peasant character didn't fare very well unfortunately, with his poor skills i was thinking i really need to get some party members to be able to beat the goblins bandits that were taking over the city.

There was a hamlet not too far, so i decided to go there as even without a castle (i decided to play on an early world, only 5 years of worldgen) there were sometime soldiers in houses , so i could maybe find help.

Unfortunately, i misjudged the hour, and night fell in the middle of the travel, i was sticking next to a river while moving, so in case bogeymen would spawn i could maybe try my chance in the waters.
And bogeymen spawned just when i was near the other town.
I started to sprint, and managed to put a bit of distance between me and the 3 stooges teleporting around, until they teleported close and in front of me, so i jumped into the water, only escape i had.

Then i fell unconscious, because the 3 bogeymen followed me in the water while hitting and kicking me in the same time. I didn't thought those thing knew how to swim.
Well, time for another peasant, i got back into the town and managed to kill 2 more goblins from the bandits infesting the place, by using surprise attack with my whip from behind, the lashing was enough to make them fall from pain.

Then the 3rd goblin, the swordman that had killed the keep lord, he was still in the keep after the week of world update between 2 characters, the child was nowhere to be seen, at least there wasn't a corpse so maybe he just moved away and is living with all the priests and cult leaders in the city houses.

I moved to his back, but as unfortunately i had to move in his sight for just a turn, my surprise attack from behind wasn't a surprise anymore and he blocked it , and immediately stabbed me.

I tried to take his weapon, but i missed and he stabbed me again.
I then tried another go at wrestling the weapon from him, but i missed again and he pulled back the sword from my wound.

Then i decided that as it was a lost cause, low skills being hopeless, let's just try the strangling option, with some luck it could work before he cuts me in ribbons.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: September 27, 2014, 09:04:43 pm »

As a wolf pack was bearing down on my newest human adventurer, I managed to sprint to a tree, some distance between the wolves and me, and began to climb a tree. Although a wolf bit me a couple of times, he did little damage and I managed to climb up. After climbing to the top of the tree, I decided I could jump from tree to tree and escape. I tried to jump to a tree 3 tiles away, stopped one tile away, and plummeted straight to the ground. Then I saw a 8 w's run to my symbol and have red arrows point at it, causing me to wake up dead. I then pressed shift+w and the game told me "There is no sunlight when you're dead."

I love this game.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: September 27, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

This is a really bad one, i hope it will get some priority because this one is leading to a crash, usually that's the kind of report that get most of Toady attention as i remember him making crash priority.

Which one? The freezeup from too many targets or the midmap effective coordinate out of bounds? The midmap coordinate one is easy to avoid though, just don't go near the right edge of the map :P Not sure about the left edge though.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: September 28, 2014, 02:53:50 am »

About problem with freeze, just type 'a', 'a', 'a' and it sometime is unfreezing. Other what you can do i type ESCAPE couple times, it saved my skin.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: September 28, 2014, 05:38:38 am »

oh the freeze is just your character actions being jammed locking you out of movement.

I just had my minotaur(before I retired him) caught by this from blocking, and I had to restart it's Ai by knocking it around... with explosions.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1104