Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104306 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13290 on: December 12, 2016, 09:38:58 pm »

Added this to the relevant item_weapon.txt entries, I put wood because using ANY_HARD_MAT results in them having extra handles and shit.
[DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENT:SPECIFIC:HANDLE:WOOD]

Added this to the reaction_other.txt entry for assembling the axe/other weapons, with the relevant product tokens and such.
[IMPROVEMENT:100:axe:SPECIFIC:HANDLE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:helve:NONE]

The skulls is a much longer story about adding a copy of the bone material with the skull name and pointing the body_detail_plan and body_default and such at it, with the relevant use_material_template:skull tags in the creatures so when I butcher a dragon and carve up a helmet I can make a dragon skull helmet or war hammer or battle axe cause it's metal but it's actually bone or something.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:27 pm »

Added this to the relevant item_weapon.txt entries, I put wood because using ANY_HARD_MAT results in them having extra handles and shit.
[DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENT:SPECIFIC:HANDLE:WOOD]

Added this to the reaction_other.txt entry for assembling the axe/other weapons, with the relevant product tokens and such.
[IMPROVEMENT:100:axe:SPECIFIC:HANDLE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:helve:NONE]

The skulls is a much longer story about adding a copy of the bone material with the skull name and pointing the body_detail_plan and body_default and such at it, with the relevant use_material_template:skull tags in the creatures so when I butcher a dragon and carve up a helmet I can make a dragon skull helmet or war hammer or battle axe cause
it's metal but it's actually bone or something.

DAMN RIGHT IT'S METAL.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »

Really it was mostly about the handle being wood, which was an accident that I found it even worked because I was trying to track down why art_image doesn't work and noticed under dfhack that if I screwed around it would let me do shit like alter a reaction in a loaded save so they DO add art images, but it also gave the option for the item specific ones. The only ones listed were rollers so I went in and tested adding handle/helve decorations to stone axes and was like "fuck it, bet it'll work with weapons" which turned out to be right.

Other ideas: armor decoration:padding, decoration:straps, "this is a steel breastplate, the padding is made of llama wool and the straps are cat leather, it is decorated with blah blah blah" type stuff is possible.

World-gen items do NOT have this though, unless you turn on the default:any_hard_mat stuff, which like I said, makes it so ones you craft get extra handles added and that annoyed me, so I just left the plain ones.

It is totally possible to have a reaction add handles/straps/etc just like you can take existing scrolls and add rollers or bind quires into books.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: December 13, 2016, 08:25:29 am »

Wow! That's awesome stuff!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: December 13, 2016, 01:59:13 pm »

Meanwhile here I just solve an issue I had with warmist site creation kinda buggin out on fort mode... by flooding every blank option found with 1s and 2s and pasting fort data from other player sites.
all to stop a naked goblin girl from reliving Fall over and over again via unknown crashes.

So uhh now she a mayor and the next thing on my list is seeing if Migrants or guests are possible to spawn.
for an adventurer she kinda had a rough time with the hyper time rotting her clothes and all.

also learn a good lesson that you get lock out of any noble jobs until you get someone who has the task of assigning noble jobs.
so she can finally become a doctor or military captain or the other groups.

gotta get this relationship stuff out of the way before the wolf dies of old age and Kiwan is all alone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: December 13, 2016, 03:13:54 pm »

OH!

Any zones made in camp mode that still exist when you switch to fort mode cause crashes when the camp zone gets visitors, deleted the old main hall I had set up previously and it stopped the Malachite 8 > 9 > crash I was having.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: December 13, 2016, 06:54:45 pm »

OH!

Any zones made in camp mode that still exist when you switch to fort mode cause crashes when the camp zone gets visitors, deleted the old main hall I had set up previously and it stopped the Malachite 8 > 9 > crash I was having.
uhh considering I embark on top of a camp that needed a dfhacked in site to work the tofort script I dunno if that was the case. the crashes I had was from lacking site data for fort mode than zones getting visitors.
probably help that the process kinda merged or jump the adventurer to the lair site. now thinking about it I didn't set up a zone in the camp so I'm safe from that issue.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: December 13, 2016, 07:20:06 pm »

Yeah, there's weirdness taking place I'm sure, but that one with the camp zone visitors is one that I was able to narrow down as a fixed crash.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: December 13, 2016, 10:31:42 pm »

So, different world. I'm a kobold on a trek in search of other civilization. Not far to a meager hamlet, I find another pest to deal with.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

I love it when I end up doing that with a spear.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: December 16, 2016, 06:05:14 pm »

What is a lesser dragon?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: December 16, 2016, 07:24:44 pm »

A modded-in little dragon, presumably.

Did you make yours or download that ancient dragons mod I have uploaded by the way?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: December 16, 2016, 11:40:20 pm »

I mostly just modified cave dragons by making them able to fly, actually. Despite having already given proper dragons wings and flight too. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: December 17, 2016, 02:01:13 pm »

was on my way to raid another vault with my legendary adventurer on a polished world i recently made only to encounter a mound full of night creatures with the CAN_SPEAK token

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if some night creatures have CAN_SPEAK(while all of them have INTELLIGENT token) wouldn't that mean they can establish civilizations? really interesting

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: December 17, 2016, 03:40:29 pm »

to be fair night trolls society basically kidnapping someone to mate and take care of their babies til the kids are old enough to do the same.
and probably out hunt folks to grindinto paste.
technically you don't even need can speak or can learn for civs but that crossing into modding.

oh word for the wise if you feel like reverting a changed night troll you should look up their history first so that you don't end up watching some 100 year old human murder her suppose brother.
all because of years of being enemy of the civ isn't erased when switching races, only the night troll 'dangerous beast' player descriptip lock on convos which prevents anyone from nicely talking to them as they instantly remind themselves that you or "they are wild dangerous beast that are needed to die." shame really.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: December 17, 2016, 08:07:35 pm »

Rolled a new dwarf peasant recruit with a common combo of novice fighter/observer/climber/swimmer/shield/dodger/reader. One of the only ways to guarantee the weapon type.
Interestingly enough the only high attribute stat I gave this Num Muddyboots was patience, which the wiki notes only affects non-skill related activities.
Potentially worthwhile for fort mode (or at least this is what I like to imagine when overseeing), but here in adventure mode just for roleplay. Shouldn't hunter/archers be patient? In the real world that's a premium if attribute or if enculturated as a skill. Here? Eh.

Anyways I chose a broad frame and lucked out with sizing as the game made him large for a dwarf, which means he'll be played grappling heavy with a tendency to throw to stun. Sizing is a great modifier to strength, and even at above average, Num's grip proves to be unbreakable, becoming the undoing of the first bandits and converted spouses he encounters. In general, latching on a grip adds another choice to the NPCs action menu, but if the grip is from a larger character, the benefit is doubled.

Prior to starting the run, as is the new way, I duped the save (as one would do for say when checking legends) and retired him into a fort to view the potential horror. Removing the physical mannerisms just offers a greater likelihood a no mannerism character will be rolled.
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1104