Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104330 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13260 on: December 10, 2016, 11:02:32 am »

Now this is the part I'll never forget. The lady said "I've awakened to the worthlessness of law. How pleasing!". The only other thing there was the demon. Had she been chatting with it? Goblins and demons don't die of old age, right? Like. Nobles get appointed for their social skills, right? Being good at manipulating with words and such, right? Could they had been talking for centuries? Is that why goblins do what they do? Because their nobles are corrupted by demons and the nobles in turn corrupt their subjects?
Elves are immortal, too, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUdW2bTa3Y
that video is basically how I start my dwarf fortress runs.
right down to the right shade of green.

realized my camp turn player fort has some issues mostly of the hyper time melting the clothes off my goblin so now she naked in the middle of the woods.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: December 10, 2016, 12:29:18 pm »

Learned the hard way you can't climb on SMR. I'm now a heroic naked bearman running around down in the circus.
Well, if you can make your way to other sites you can be a bearrorist and drop buildings on people!

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: December 10, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »

A naked bearman doesn't last long against demons. Got kicked in the head, and it exploded.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: December 10, 2016, 02:00:12 pm »

Made it to the hydra's lair, with two elve civilians recruited and armed up with bows, quivers, and arrows. Need a good plan of attack though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »

Made it to the hydra's lair, with two elve civilians recruited and armed up with bows, quivers, and arrows. Need a good plan of attack though.

Tell 'em to follow you, you go in crawling and sneaking while they don't. They get spotted by hydra first, start shooting it, you wait for it to be distracted and stab at its upper body. I'd use a pike or a spear, to try and puncture the heart or lungs. Once it starts having problems breathing or its heart starts gushing its blood, jump back and wait for it to die. Dunno how things work in your mod, if that'll be enough for your objectives.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: December 10, 2016, 02:56:21 pm »

Pbbt. Sadly I can't jump due to missing a leg, hence why I was targetting a hydra first.

I ordered them to wait outside and built a ring of campfires to keep them penned in safely, expecting to lead the hydra outside and let them fire arrows at it from the safety of the fires. But before I could get to that point, my exploiting shankdodge led to it being vomiting, unable to breathe, and floored before we even reached the stairs. >.o

On the plus side, I got what I came for. This also means I'll get a neat chance to test whether the essence works as intended.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: December 10, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »

Hydra healing is not to be underestimated. Bleeding one out is the worst shit ever. I prefer being strong enough to use force-translation to flat out punch and kick or hammer/shield bash heads right off if you can't cleave them off with an axe or something.

Started an adventure with an, inauspicious beginning.

...hmmm.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So then I went to track down a dragon, killed it, then went to see about the bandits near the well.

Well, well, well.

It started well enough, but well...

I got carried away being a big rampaging elephant woman and got surrounded, triggering a freeze when I tried to aim an attack while 20 or so bandits did.

Round 2 went better, but it took a long time for them to flee.

Around 50 kills before they lost their nerve... but how could that many kills not phase them like most groups of bandits who flee after just five or six losses?
Well then...
Code: [Select]
811: Iferifemeli, "Tuskbristled", camp
        Owner: The Lilac of Mist, elves
        Parent Civ: The Mountainous Veneration, elves
        920 goblins
        376 elves
        750 dwarves
        1354 humans
Ah well, I'll leave them well enough alone for now.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: December 10, 2016, 03:52:02 pm »

Hydra healing is not to be underestimated. Bleeding one out is the worst shit ever. I prefer being strong enough to use force-translation to flat out punch and kick or hammer/shield bash heads right off if you can't cleave them off with an axe or something.

When in doubt, never stop stabbing them in the chest. And now, for some derp.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: December 10, 2016, 04:06:09 pm »

Clever healing trick, I can dig it.

Gonna be doing it old school myself, I noticed in legends on this world that there was a weremammoth, so I'm an elephant woman who is gonna periodically hulk out and go full cavepachyderm.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: December 10, 2016, 04:19:04 pm »

Very tempting, but I'm unsure if any werebeasts exist on this world. Seems like only civs to generate were elves, goblins, and one short-lived civ that might've been humans, or could've been animal-people.

I am however glad that I set it to turn into a creature that looks like a hydra, quacks like a hydra, but doesn't draw hostility like a hydra. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13270 on: December 10, 2016, 04:19:28 pm »

Apparently i'm sheriff.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: December 10, 2016, 06:40:28 pm »

You are sheriff huh?

I am broker.

I'm also getting ready to make part 4 of the Weremammothening: The Trunk Strikes Back.

At least I think it is part four.
The Weremammothening
Weremammothening 2: Smells Like Weremoose
Weremammothening 3: Who Ordered The Werebaron

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13272 on: December 10, 2016, 07:52:02 pm »

Well, this is peculiar. I've walked into the keep of a town taken over by the Orcs, and uhh, a crapton of Orc soldiers are pouring out of one of the towers.

I've already killed a bunch of them in order to reclaim the town but...well. I dont think I'll manage to get all the way without tiring myself out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: December 10, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »

When in doubt, start setting campfires to block off the main building, then hide in it. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13274 on: December 10, 2016, 08:32:25 pm »

Wouldn't have mattered - before I died I used reveal to check the main building and the towers.

This was just the main building and the one z-level above it - there were even more in the next 4 or so z-levels, those were the biggest clusters though.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1104