Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105369 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12690 on: July 15, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

It was a good visit to Vaultreleased.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All that done, Kamuk filled a mug with wine and then set out to clear the next group of night trolls.

Kamuk approached from the east.

The odd thing was the odor of bug innards could only be caught from a westward approach.  From the east there was nothing. He dropped out of fast travel 2 world tiles away from the asterisk. In slow travel mode, like the first encounter, Kamuk began sneaking towards whatever it may be while lying on the ground to reduce his profile, with tracking on and checking for strongest odor.

Here too, there was some sort of world gen dispute. Between an ill-fated marksdwarf and these night hags.
Rupola, the visible night troll in the distance was 1 z-level up, so Kamuk climbed a tree to reach the same z-lvl and began firing mudstone bolts in the direction of this night hag wrestler. 
Rupola ended up jumping down to ground level to avoid the bolts.

On the ground level it's shown that there were quite a few dwarves involved.

Kamuk draws his iron spear and tower-cap shield and they close distance. Once Rupola is around 7 tiles away, Kamuk throws his iron spear and misses, bringing Rupola within 2 tiles.
Kamuk drops some equipment to get back to 1.000 walking speed, passes a few ticks, and then they're adjacent to one another. Kamuk grabs her head so she can't jump away from his weapon attacks and so that grip breaking is now part of her attack menu. After all, he wants to see who's stronger and who's the better wrestler.

After Rupola's kick which Kamuk manually blocks, the attack of opportunity that shows up (cyan !) is a bite to the throat.
The first shake just collapses the throat, the second and third tear the throat. Kamuk doesn't focus on the normal sequence of always attack foot/leg first before all else to remove bigger the creature charge attack. He lets her charge since he's a large dwarf and that should generally nerf the chances of being stunned. The downside to allowing the charge is Kamuk loses the bite to the throat, but the gain is he entangles her leg and sweeps her from the bottom and stands up.

Here's a nice example of how wildly overpowered torsion force is:
The mace shot is to the upper leg and it causes spinal injury. Maces are good! A bit too good.

Also here it's clear being a large dwarf has advantages. Rupola can't break their leg entanglement.
It's always fun to outgrapple the night troll. But that's because Kamuk is large, has high strength, is 1 level higher as a wrestler, has close to legendary fighter, and is fight at Focused !. So it's not an even matchup.

One down, how many left to go?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: July 15, 2016, 07:41:46 pm »

I'm tempted to see about claiming ownership of that goblin-held hamlet.

EDIT: Claimed, retired, even sent up a master swordsman adventurer to become a companion. But in the month that ate up, my draconic civilization apparently went outta business. :V
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:53:44 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: July 15, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »

got Ambushed on the Big bridge by a multi armed SpideWagon woman.
and she SO FAST TOO.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: July 15, 2016, 11:52:46 pm »

Wait what, you have spiderwagonpeople running around? What has Rumrusher do?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: July 16, 2016, 12:19:59 am »

Something bizarre and frankly a little worrying.

I mean, spider wagon people? Wut?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:02 am »

So it was one left to go actually.

There's quite a bit of carnage here. Team of dead dwarves. I guess the silver lining is Kamuk comes into possession of a sheep wool quiver.
But the smell of death is still in the air. When I check the fast travel map, there's an asterisk, so there's a night hag roaming about. Kamuk sneaks east:

She's got a copper carving fork with the names of all the dwarves.

Kamuk takes her down...
…and it takes 2 ticks for her to stand up, then an extra tick to get back to neutral.

Kamuk throws Nula Abyssbones. It takes 8 ticks to go from the first message that Nula is thrown to hitting the ground. The sceond throw is better as there's enough force that Nula ends up 1 tile away by tick 8 (skidding):
And then at tick 15, full impact. It's not really doing any damage, but it's just fun ragdolling.
It takes Nula 2 ticks to stand and then another 6 to begin moving again.

Kamuk sets up the next grab, by getting Nula to attack so he can block, drawing her into recovery where she'll be more vulnerable to his grab attack. With the grab latched on, Kamuk gets an attack of opportunity (cyan !), a scratch to the upper leg, dropping her to the ground. When he checks the menu again, it appears there are 2 attacks of opportunity to the left upper arm or the right hand. Going for the hand would disarm her. The 2 other good attacks are to the head or left lower leg.

Nula well parries the mace shot to her head.

There are a few more exchanges, but when it's clear Nula will parry the kill shots Kamuk opts to target the weapon limb or neck. Neck comes up as the target and now Nula only has a bite attack. Her parrying days are over.

The smell of death still lingers in the air, but when I check the fast travel map, there aren't any asterisks. So it's all over.
Kamuk makes a campfire and burns the bodies by standing directly on the campfire tile (you get there by jumping) and dropping each body/part.

Before leaving this area, Kamuk collects all the clothing, weapons and armor and carries these to the hilllock Cavenoiseless for sorting.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: July 16, 2016, 12:50:17 am »

I decided I wanted to go on a killing spree, so I killed all 110 residents of a dwarven hillocks. There were no survivors, as a matter of fact.

I've found in another hillock the dwarven queen. I'm contemplating whether or not I should slaughter this entire hillocks' population as well, as it's similarly small in size and the population is all right there, more or less.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: July 16, 2016, 12:53:11 am »

Is she the only noble? Maybe you could zap the civ if the core group is in this location.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: July 16, 2016, 12:59:40 am »

Nah, there are a dozen or so other hillocks and a fortress that I'd need to deal with as well.

Although I've never successfully slaughtered an entire civilization before. That's incredibly tempting.
I make Spellcrafts!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: July 16, 2016, 02:40:31 am »

Spider wagon, spider wagon, does whatever a spider wagon does...

Also, I technically rendered the draconic civilization extinct just by creating a dragon adventurer, so...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: July 16, 2016, 03:41:57 am »

Wait what, you have spiderwagonpeople running around? What has Rumrusher do?
a horrible fail experiment that lead to countless attacks on the bridge.
also doesn't look like a wagon.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12701 on: July 16, 2016, 04:00:34 am »

I created a death world and ran it for 1050 years and started as a human outsider, I was killed the first time, but I created a new one and have been able to establish a camp in the middle of the woods somewhere near a river, and am now building a cabin (and hiding in a makeshift crypt at night where I have put the coffin/corpse of my previous adventurer)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: July 16, 2016, 06:02:10 am »

oh and it seems my companions killed the other and now I got a horse named Morulodad.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: July 16, 2016, 10:32:55 am »

Caverns are fun in adventurer mode when you can build sites/glitch out if necessary.

So I found a site while just starting to explore this world, my campsite tiles are now like this, G glacier, M mountain, V volcano.

GMM
MMV
MMV

I used the travel glitch weirdness to end up with the north volcano drained to the cavern level, and the south one magma level is about 10 tiles higher than that, I'm gonna magma piston over the top and submerge a prebuild structure sandwiched between the magma at the cavern depth and the magma I'm adding.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: July 16, 2016, 02:12:05 pm »

so here something I notice with ice floor cave ins you can destroy a floor tile sometimes with these.
like 'ice floor' when melted causes a open space floor tile with no way to fall.
so I wonder if it's possible to channel through dropping ice through the floor.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1104