Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105429 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12660 on: July 13, 2016, 12:19:53 pm »

Yeah, there are a few combinations of fluid pouring that crash the game regularly.

In other news, if you drop 2/7 water on a single z-layer of magma over a magma flow, it punches a clear spot briefly.

I totally abused the hell out of that, deliberately left some of the pulsating exposed lava flow intact for mood lighting.

Welcome to Hearthbroken.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: July 13, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »

Yeah, there are a few combinations of fluid pouring that crash the game regularly.

In other news, if you drop 2/7 water on a single z-layer of magma over a magma flow, it punches a clear spot briefly.

I totally abused the hell out of that, deliberately left some of the pulsating exposed lava flow intact for mood lighting.

Welcome to Hearthbroken.

so yeah probably going to switch up from my 300 logs of nothing to 10 just to save me time and effort emptying my character's hands.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: July 13, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »

If you're fireproof, make logs of ice or something, they melt and disappear anyways.

All the cyan walls and furniture there is ice.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: July 14, 2016, 12:17:19 am »

So... I've finally managed to find a dark fortress on my adventures, and despite that I don't want to abandon my adventure all the way down to probably glaciers (I started around the top center of the world) I'ma take a detour to visit this place, I just hope that what lies in side isn't too difficult for my necromancer.

I'd be careful in there if I was you, It's no so much that they're dangerous as in getting yourself killed, but they can lag bad and you should be careful of the towers the goblins live in, if you go up to the top and a ton of them get upon you at once the game can stop responding permanently and you'll have to forcefully close the game. Other then that, you shouldn't have any problems.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: July 14, 2016, 01:37:46 am »

Yeah, somewhere between 10 and 20 adjacent foes you reach a point where enough simultaneous attempts to attack/dodge/etc exist that trying to add your own freezes the game.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: July 14, 2016, 03:45:15 am »

So... I've finally managed to find a dark fortress on my adventures, and despite that I don't want to abandon my adventure all the way down to probably glaciers (I started around the top center of the world) I'ma take a detour to visit this place, I just hope that what lies in side isn't too difficult for my necromancer.

I'd be careful in there if I was you, It's no so much that they're dangerous as in getting yourself killed, but they can lag bad and you should be careful of the towers the goblins live in, if you go up to the top and a ton of them get upon you at once the game can stop responding permanently and you'll have to forcefully close the game. Other then that, you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah your right, I've actually set camp at the entrance trying to kill a few to hopefully speed the game up! So far my zombies are being gutted, but i'm resing them before they begin swarming me.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: July 14, 2016, 04:01:46 am »

I embarked in my dwarven fort and tried to recruit one of my Legendary hammerdwarves, but the entire militia was missing. I ended up recruiting a siege engineer who had no weapons and armor beyond a steel pick.

We travelled a bit, slew a blind cave ogre who'd settled in the hills, killed some wildlife, then came upon a labyrinth. Being the foolhardy adventurer I am, I went inside. A minotaur taunted me a bit, nothing special, and eventually I found the beast... and his three cave-buddies.

Needless to say, I and my companion got killed. Just before deleting that world, I embarked on the labyrinth and sealed off the only entrance. Take that, cow people!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12667 on: July 14, 2016, 04:17:23 am »

Genned a new world after finally defeating my ultimate nemesis, the world-gen crashing demon hair. Started as a demon swordsman, Retror Clutchscorn, and uhh, already came across some weird stuff.

I walked into a Demon fortress and got ambushed by 15+ guards - I managed to fly away to the entrance, and noticed the soldiers were fighting the citizens for whatever reason. The broker and ambassador got killed, corpses of other people were on the ground, overall carnage. Unfortunately the game crashed when I tried attacking one of the guards - probably too much fighting going on at once, I'd suppose.
I saved beforehand, thankfully, so I avoided the fortress and went to a tomb, where I found some better equipment, and also a parchment. Made this novel out of it.

I don't get the title, but it's alright I suppose. I'll sell it once I travel further west, since there's no other civilizations anywhere close.

Earlier on, I also made another adventurer which I lost due to a power outage - regardless, I came across an actual library tree for the first time in a gorloc forest retreat. That was pretty neat too.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: July 14, 2016, 01:00:06 pm »

Well I did it.

I defeated a full volcano and defiled the SMR and lava flows with my nonsensical wooden constructions and magical minecart of "fuck you I need water to !!Science!! with dammit" plus lots of trial and error.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: July 14, 2016, 03:01:27 pm »

Well I did it.

I defeated a full volcano and defiled the SMR and lava flows with my nonsensical wooden constructions and magical minecart of "fuck you I need water to !!Science!! with dammit" plus lots of trial and error.
congrats on your Adventure mode megaproject max. I guess now all there is left to do is to give you my free companion interaction so you can start recruiting animals for a chance to own a volcano hell base zoo. This works 99% of the time you use it on any unit. the 1 percent basically falls under hardcoded replys like duty bound, and being a child... also sometimes you get someone who just insane and doesn't want to talk but they all work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: July 14, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »

And now the fun science of shifting fire-dragon-related creature tokens to a caste. Finding that their body material fuckery means fire dragons always consider it cold. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: July 14, 2016, 05:23:37 pm »

Hmpt, okay, so I created a new world because I don't want to play the dark fortress right now... I created a centaur (Using ZMS's mod) and instantly somebody spitted at me, hadn't even gotten my first quest, I put away my weapons and started a brawl with them because yeah... I woulda lost the brawl I realized so I tried to draw my weapons (Oh btw, I would only of have lost the brawl because I was nauseated by a kick to my gut, which I might note, IS OP XD) Instantly before I even got a attack off, A arrow was in me by the centauress that I was brawling with, I managed to disarm her and began running away, but apparently her dodge skill was so high, that I couldn't even get a hit on her, so she knocked out my centaur and preceded to kill him, even though I never did a single thing, shes considered a murderer now and I've created a new hero centaur TO HUNT HER DOWN, thats this one's only purpose, hes taken some of the supplies that were left, even though I don't know where the centaurs put the dead body.
can I just say..... that I will find them, no matter how many years its takes... v.v

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: July 14, 2016, 05:52:45 pm »

So, small problem with giving earth dragons cave-in dust breath. It also knocks the user around. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: July 14, 2016, 07:27:26 pm »

Also, one of you dug up which personality value or ethic leads to a citizen being unperturbed by a lack of clothing. What was it again?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:46 pm »

I absolutely love the new taverns. After slaying over a dozen Elf bandits, losing both my companions in the process, my character went to drink in remembrance of his fallen pals. At the tavern I found two new companions and got to listen to a well-traveled axedwarf chat with other patrons about events going on across the world as the barkeep kept bringing him drink after drink. It was such an oddly relaxing and almost immersive experience. The fact the AI can travel great distances and more recently use taverns makes the world feel even more alive. I wish that currency was working though. It's weird to be able to buy free drinks and rooms.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1104