Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105436 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12675 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:43 pm »

After much tweaking, I am playing a dragon, Ozor Arothsinsot. I left this pitiful cave in search of adventure, carrying naught but a spear and dagger because...derp, I guess.

Will see about this nearby hillock perhaps.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »

I absolutely love the new taverns. After slaying over a dozen Elf bandits, losing both my companions in the process, my character went to drink in remembrance of his fallen pals. At the tavern I found two new companions and got to listen to a well-traveled axedwarf chat with other patrons about events going on across the world as the barkeep kept bringing him drink after drink. It was such an oddly relaxing and almost immersive experience. The fact the AI can travel great distances and more recently use taverns makes the world feel even more alive. I wish that currency was working though. It's weird to be able to buy free drinks and rooms.

Are taverns only in cities?... Cause cities even with the new 64 version lags me to almost halt.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: July 14, 2016, 10:33:18 pm »

I absolutely love the new taverns. After slaying over a dozen Elf bandits, losing both my companions in the process, my character went to drink in remembrance of his fallen pals. At the tavern I found two new companions and got to listen to a well-traveled axedwarf chat with other patrons about events going on across the world as the barkeep kept bringing him drink after drink. It was such an oddly relaxing and almost immersive experience. The fact the AI can travel great distances and more recently use taverns makes the world feel even more alive. I wish that currency was working though. It's weird to be able to buy free drinks and rooms.

Are taverns only in cities?... Cause cities even with the new 64 version lags me to almost halt.

Unfortunately yes, I think. I may have seen one tavern in a Hamlet once, but I'm not sure. They definitely should be able to be built anywhere in my opinion.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: July 14, 2016, 11:44:04 pm »

Toady made steps towards getting roadside taverns with adventurer sites, hopefully he drops that in along with the artifact stuff while making sure that adventurer camps are added to world site awareness properly too.

Cities aren't bad though, unless there are one of two things happening (or both, Armok forbid) in town nearby: a library waking up, or marketplace zombies.

What are marketplace zombies, you might ask?
Spoiler: Good question! (click to show/hide)
congrats on your Adventure mode megaproject max. I guess now all there is left to do is to give you my free companion interaction so you can start recruiting animals for a chance to own a volcano hell base zoo. This works 99% of the time you use it on any unit. the 1 percent basically falls under hardcoded replys like duty bound, and being a child... also sometimes you get someone who just insane and doesn't want to talk but they all work.
Hmmm, the zoo idea has merit actually, but I prefer working solo because of all the time that passes doing this, and this isn't quite the megaproject, more like the setup for one.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:13 am »

Toady made steps towards getting roadside taverns with adventurer sites, hopefully he drops that in along with the artifact stuff while making sure that adventurer camps are added to world site awareness properly too.

Cities aren't bad though, unless there are one of two things happening (or both, Armok forbid) in town nearby: a library waking up, or marketplace zombies.

What are marketplace zombies, you might ask?
Spoiler: Good question! (click to show/hide)
congrats on your Adventure mode megaproject max. I guess now all there is left to do is to give you my free companion interaction so you can start recruiting animals for a chance to own a volcano hell base zoo. This works 99% of the time you use it on any unit. the 1 percent basically falls under hardcoded replys like duty bound, and being a child... also sometimes you get someone who just insane and doesn't want to talk but they all work.
Hmmm, the zoo idea has merit actually, but I prefer working solo because of all the time that passes doing this, and this isn't quite the megaproject, more like the setup for one.
basically figured you could just rangle up a bunch of animal critters and zone them into selected pen environments as workers.
I'm currently trying to see what happens if you build a bridge from 1 camp to another in the air to see if building connection can work. currently building 15 z levels in the air to test this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:40 am »

I'm a tad irked at the realization that I might never be able to get multiple types of dragon working. Maybe I'll have to add them as different species, I guess...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: July 15, 2016, 01:32:34 am »

Building from one camp to another does indeed work last time I checked when I was trying to build an aqueduct before the lag became unbearable and I said fuck all that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:43 am »

I'm a tad irked at the realization that I might never be able to get multiple types of dragon working. Maybe I'll have to add them as different species, I guess...

And what's preventing that? Do different castes not work?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: July 15, 2016, 10:23:26 am »

Different castes work. But what doesn't seem to work would be shifting the "body materials melt/boil/burn at fireproof tempuratures" tags from creature level to caste level.

It seems that applying them affects all castes defined afterward. I might see if it works differently when done via SELECT_CASTE instead, but unsure.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #12684 on: July 15, 2016, 10:44:58 am »

Different castes work. But what doesn't seem to work would be shifting the "body materials melt/boil/burn at fireproof tempuratures" tags from creature level to caste level.

It seems that applying them affects all castes defined afterward. I might see if it works differently when done via SELECT_CASTE instead, but unsure.

Ah, this is because body materials and tissues are always at the creature level.  To make castes with different materials or tissues, you have to define multiple copies of the same materials and tissues, and adjust them accordingly (ie. define a specific 'fireproof skin' material and tissue in addition to the regular skin, and apply that to the caste you want to have it - then repeat for ALL materials and tissues).  It is possible (I used it in ROTMK to make Yoshis with different colored leather and eggs), but a huge pain in the neck.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: July 15, 2016, 10:52:31 am »

Oh I can see that being pure pain. What would be the easiest way to do that? Maybe...shift the "use body detail plan" tag from the creature level to the caste level?

Even then it'd likely inflate fortress mode stocks with a crapton of redundant stockpile entries, assuming it works at all. Though that's the least of my concerns, unless I expand this idea for another dragon-related idea I had.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: July 15, 2016, 11:05:49 am »

Should be able to use body detail plans yeah.

Note that while the names of the materials and tissues being used for each creature caste have to be unique within the creature definition, they can all be based off of the same set of material and tissue templates. I.e. while your ice dragons and fire dragons scales need to be defined as SCALES_FIRE and SCALES_ICE in the creature, they can both be based on the same DRAGONSCALE_BASIC material and tissue templates.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:55 pm »

I'll have to experiment with it later on. For now I've found a lair, sadly it seems to be empty. As it has a hatch, I suspect it had a now-wandering night creature in it.

I'm also wishing I had a backpack. Because a full kit of armor for a dragon would be silly, I derived this mod from vanilla DF instead of using Adventurecraft, and I am SORELY missing the ability to make essentials like a pack.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: July 15, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

so been thinking about my resurrection interaction but it's possible to recover incased by ice units by melting the ice and rezing the corpse.
that said the luck of something super heated near by to melt the ice just to give your resurrecting allies something to bring back from the dead is rare.

so thank max for the floating ice floor trick. now I can just hang off the edge of a wall then build a safe floor to continue building in the air.
though this works at night or areas that are super cold so it might not work.
also kinda had an attack on the bridge which ended with the attacker falling off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: July 15, 2016, 01:19:07 pm »

I think I made tail-slaps too hardcore. Cleared an entire necromancer tower by booping zombie snoots.

EDIT: Cleared out a bandit camp as well, through the power of facenoms.

EDIT 2: This is just a surreal array of names and titles.

EDIT 3: Dancing in the tavern. Dare I ask how a human joins in a dance generated for a dragon? :V

EDIT 4: Recruiting the maceman dancer as an ally, we set off to drive bandit vermin from a tomb. Along the way, we hunt down a goblin crossbowman. Vile creature, wounding my companion and clipping my wing. I need no flight to run you down and burn you to ash.

EDIT 5: Tomb was a bust, but along the way? This hamlet seems to be a hub of goblin activity. Puuuurge.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:20:49 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1104