Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!  (Read 27256 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 5 - Game Over: Town wins!
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2010, 06:20:04 pm »

:<

*puts down another game being lynched Day 1 by acting himself*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2010, 06:21:36 pm »

Note that Org lied about how his role worked.  Interesting...

Reminds me of that crazy Infinity Voter gambit Free Beer pulled ;D.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2010, 06:22:18 pm »

When's the next Vote Mafia? I rather liked this more than the others.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2010, 06:22:58 pm »

Note that Org lied about how his role worked.  Interesting...

Reminds me of that crazy Infinity Voter gambit Free Beer pulled ;D.
hehehe

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2010, 06:31:18 pm »

Rarrr
webby answer my question!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »

Also, I don't think we've had a double lynch at lylo since I replaced into Vote Mafia.  Hehe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:05 pm »

If you're referring to VM6, I'll start it eventually. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. SE, however, will start soon. I've been pushing it off over the weekend, but I meshed the roles together. I'll send those out... Now.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2010, 06:42:31 pm »

If you're referring to VM6, I'll start it eventually. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. SE, however, will start soon. I've been pushing it off over the weekend, but I meshed the roles together. I'll send those out... Now.
Rarrr

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:57 pm »

Rarrr
WHAT QUESTION? ASK MEPH ABOUT WHAT HE WOULD DO.

I was assuming he'd attempt to discern which power he had, and then by Day 2, he'd find out (Since someone would say, "I got an extra vote yesterday." or something.)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2010, 06:57:39 pm »

That makes no sense! he doesnt know if he can target!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:08 pm »

Yeah.  If Meph worked out his power, Org would basically be a triple voter with one lynch immunity.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2010, 07:01:16 pm »

Rarrr

I was assuming he'd attempt to discern which power he had, and then by Day 2, he'd find out (Since someone would say, "I got an extra vote yesterday." or something.)

Why on earth would I try to use an ability on someone if I didn't know what it did? It could have been anything, including a one shot power like an infinity vote. Yes, I suppose I could have randomly targeted someone during the day and then again at night, but the last thing I wanted was to draw too much attention to myself by blasting someone who was only a little suspicious or giving an extra vote to someone that I wanted to lynch. Too much could go wrong or appear to be incongruous with my actions and the answer 'I don't know what my role does so I was messing around with it' was as likely to get my lynched as anything else.

Which is exactly why I hated having an unknown role as scum. Mafia is at its heart a game of informed minority vs uninformed majority. By not having a clue of what I could do I was very limited, and using a potentially dangerous power was a much worse plan then simply ignoring it (assuming it wasn't passive) and simply playing as vanilla mafia.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:08 pm »

Yeah.  If Meph worked out his power, Org would basically be a triple voter with one lynch immunity.
if meph used his power n1 i win

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »

if meph used his power n1 i win

Cool story bro.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2010, 07:08:53 pm »

Rarrr

Why on earth would I try to use an ability on someone if I didn't know what it did? It could have been anything, including a one shot power like an infinity vote. Yes, I suppose I could have randomly targeted someone during the day and then again at night, but the last thing I wanted was to draw too much attention to myself by blasting someone who was only a little suspicious or giving an extra vote to someone that I wanted to lynch. Too much could go wrong or appear to be incongruous with my actions and the answer 'I don't know what my role does so I was messing around with it' was as likely to get my lynched as anything else.

Which is exactly why I hated having an unknown role as scum. Mafia is at its heart a game of informed minority vs uninformed majority. By not having a clue of what I could do I was very limited, and using a potentially dangerous power was a much worse plan then simply ignoring it (assuming it wasn't passive) and simply playing as vanilla mafia.
To be fair, I should have made it clear your was a Night-only role. I'll make a difference with Mystery Voter and Day Mystery Voter next time.

But, you knew what the roles were.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24