Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: EVO Revived - Turn 3, Meh, seems like they all like babies...  (Read 11269 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVO Revived - Turn 1, just need to post your actions
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2010, 08:53:42 am »

well you really need to provide me with a description of each evolution and what it does, and i'll let you know. also yes you will gain population this turn, and no you cannot move population around like that to start a new colony the same turn, the next maybe not the one your moving them.
It is up to the host to balance all evolutions - usually by, say, making all fertility upgrades provide the same bonus. It's really hard to plan our turns without knowing what our traits actually do.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVO Revived - Looking for Players, read rules first before posting.
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2010, 09:04:12 am »

Draco:
Scout F16 and forage for resources.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:51 pm »

Whoa, we can do that? What are the advantages? Disadvantages?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »

well I was going to do the turn right now, but it seems i'm two players short so, yay more waiting.

HINT: POST YOUR ACTIONS RNG TEAM.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:24:30 pm by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2010, 05:54:00 pm »

Draco:
Scout F16 and forage for resources.
Our actions. Are these not valid?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2010, 05:55:09 pm »

With these evolutions, what is my population growth and population max?
13 EP: 3 Farming: Higher population maximum: Apocrita's fabled scientists have developed farming nearly to an art. Delicate balances of rotated crops enhance soil quality and boost yield, letting settlements feed more stout Apocritan citizens than previously thought possible.
13 EP: 3 Frenzied Queen: Higher population growth: The Apocritan Queens are immense, producing great amounts of larva to expand the population. In times of great need, the queens of the settlements enter a frenzy, consuming more food to produce more and more larva, and producing huge population growths that feed the desire for Truth.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:17:05 pm by Cheddarius »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2010, 05:58:36 pm »

Sorry Faden my mistake Haika and EagleV was who i meant. and yes "foraging" would do stuff, it would gain you a resource, eg wood, or some crap that how good it is would be determined by the roll.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2010, 06:01:41 pm »

So... what about my question above?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2010, 06:05:41 pm »

okay with your pop max maybe an extra 1 so it goes to 11 or something i'll think about it later when im not busy taking notes in class :D. and with growth prop 1 extra every 2 turns. also just a hint. with 1 pop starting a new colony will be a VERY small chance of succeeding. im talking like 90-100 to actually survive.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2010, 06:10:16 pm »

Aw dang.
What's the chance for 2 population then? How much do I need to probably succeed?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »

that was just an example. 3 pop has about 65/100 to work, 2 would prob be 75-80 sort of?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2010, 06:16:56 pm »

Aw dang, that's really hard. It'll probably be several turns before anyone actually manages to settle anything.

Wait, I have that one evolution!
13 EP: 3 Scouts: Higher chance at settling: Apocritans are masters of the scout. Related to ants, they can mobilize hundreds of scouts to seek good places to settle in a few minutes. Their scouts leave pheromone trails, pointing out the easiest paths to travel to the best new settlements and keeping settlers from danger.
With that evolution, how much is my settling chance boosted?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2010, 06:18:40 pm »

5-10 i guess. your really getting into this aren't you?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2010, 06:21:51 pm »

When someone would be looking onto this island from, say, a helicopter, he would suspect dark magic as soon as his binoculars reached the northern hill. Rotten corpses, and parts of corpses, were slowly sliding up the hill, converging in a point where they disappeared under some bushes and an overhanging rock. Only when someone would look much, much closer, he could see that every piece of decaying meat was dragged by a group of lizards, about a feet long and covered in green-brown skin, effectively erasing them from the sight of everyone who didn't look too closely.

The Phelsumae were building their farms.

(Turn: the tile to the north is scouted, and some carrion is dragged to the farms. Question is, who made those corpses?)

^ actions? If we need more, lemme know. I've been letting Eagle take most of the lead here, as I'm still trying to sort some things out for evolutions, figure I'd learn as we go.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »

Yeah, I really like these games.
You should finish your classes and stuff first, but I have some questions for afterwards:
1. What are the settling chances for other numbers - e.g. 4-10?
2. When settling fails, does the entire party die? Do they not die at all but just fail? Do some of them die based on how bad the roll was? In that case, what would be the range of deaths?
3. Is there some way to have an action that boosts your population growth or settling chance for 1 turn or something? I mean, all that's really possible right now is that we're just going to sit here, which is kind of boring...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10