Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: EVO Revived - Turn 3, Meh, seems like they all like babies...  (Read 11255 times)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: EVO Revived - Looking for Players, read rules first before posting.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 12:03:14 am »

you would only get 1 because i do pop gains and EP at the end of your turn. and EP is gained by rolls and how much i feel you should get. i think thats how it was done mostly lol just on the mood of the GM but mainly on population.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:07 am »

So based on total population?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 05:01:37 am »

pretty much yeah
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 09:51:55 am »

Eeeeexcellent.
So do we have enough players/teams yet?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:33 pm »

well i've only recieved confirmation from RNG's group so not yet no. whoever can post the next two creatures with a starting point will be in the game, so post or pm me your creature!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 10:56:00 pm »

Yeah, you guys need to actually make a race before we can play!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

I'm waiting for Red to approve my stuff (reusing his RP from a different thing) but I've already sent Shikogan a hypothetical, so... here's hoping we get in.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:33 pm »

I think ours is about done. Faden should have it in some time soon.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:13 pm »

Shikogan, can I reserve our spot or something? We're almost done and it would be such a shame to lose it...

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 12:22:16 am »

honestly i doubt that you'll lose it but we'll see.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 01:01:08 am »

Apocritans
Apocritans are ant-like sentient beings about the size of a human. They were created by the Seven long ago in their search for Truth. Now they seek to expand peacefully and to create a new force of scientists to find the underlying truths of the very universe.

OFFENSIVE
5 EP: 1 Crushing Jaws: Stronger attack: The Apocritans' jaws are feared by all. With jagged serrations and immense cutting powers, Apocritan militias are armed with a mighty weapon indeed.
EXOTIC
4 EP: 1 Gills: Decreased penalty to settling water: The Apocritans' ant relatives breathe air through their hard exoskeletons. As Apocritans evolved, they began to grow lungs, needing more and more air to support their larger bodies. Some Apocritans have begun to evolve further, developing large-capacity lungs and even gills to support long or indefinite forays underwater.
CIVIL
13 EP: 3 Farming: Higher population maximum: Apocrita's fabled scientists have developed farming nearly to an art. Delicate balances of rotated crops enhance soil quality and boost yield, letting settlements feed more stout Apocritan citizens than previously thought possible.
13 EP: 3 Frenzied Queen: Higher population growth: The Apocritan Queens are immense, producing great amounts of larva to expand the population. In times of great need, the queens of the settlements enter a frenzy, consuming more food to produce more and more larva, and producing huge population growths that feed the desire for Truth.
13 EP: 3 Scouts: Higher chance at settling: Apocritans are masters of the scout. Related to ants, they can mobilize hundreds of scouts to seek good places to settle in a few minutes. Their scouts leave pheromone trails, pointing out the easiest paths to travel to the best new settlements and keeping settlers from danger.
2 EP: 1 Mighty Walls: Higher chance at defending: The great stone walls of Apocrita defend its cities. With powerful construction engineered by the brightest Apocritan minds, it will take great forces to scale these mighty walls.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 02:25:50 am »

I am waiting for Faden to post, hey buddy, where are you? :)
We pretty much discussed everything through PM already.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 05:21:40 am »

I'm waiting for a reply from Haika as well...
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 06:41:04 am »

Phelsuma Gekkoninae Sapiens, AKA Stone Age Geckos ;)

Phelsuma's are of the already cautios gecko species the most elusive and carefull in their dealings with other species, relying on a range of defensive and stealth skills, and living together in hidden hives.

Offensive:
none
Exotic:
19 EP: Setae lvl 3. The Phelsumae can scale walls and ceilings with a remarkable ease, thanks to the special Setae, or bristles, growing on their feet. While it allows them to walk on any surface as if it was ground, it takes much more effort than walking.
Defensive:
8 EP: A Lizard's Tail lvl 2. The tail of the Phelsuma is only loosely attached to the body, and a predator will often find himself holding only a tiny bit of meat while the gecko itself runs to safety. This has proven a usefull defensive ability, actually giving geckos quite a chance to survive a dangerous encounter.
8 EP: Camouflaged lvl 2. The Phelsumae skin has an intricate pattern of brown, green and grey, and many a gecko masters the art of hiding. A hiding, camouflaged gecko is very hard to spot.
Civilized:
13 EP: Insect Farming lvl 2. The Phelsumae have found out that insects, their main source of food, breed very fast in certain conditions and with enough food. Special spots in their hive are reserved for insect breeding purposes, and any rotting fruit or meat found out in the open is brought to these chambers by the geckos, providing the insects with food.
2 EP: Hidden Hive lvl 1. The Geckos have long ago noticed that using a natural cave as hive and hiding the entrance with leaves and strong-smelling plants is a great way of misleading predators. Even though their skill is far from perfection, the hidden hives are left untouched by many opponents.

We will start in row 7, the 3d hex from the top, boulders, heigth 2. A hilltop with cliffs and grown-over boulders is a perfect place for geckos to live.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 07:10:27 am »

The RNG/Armok/Nirur Torir entry will be posted after the flavor text has been reviewed.

For information on how EP and evolution works. read an older existing game.

Each Evolution has 5 levels. Each level will provide extra bonuses. However for a single rank it costs 3 EP, the second rank costs 5 EP, then 8 EP, 12 EP, and finally 15 EP for a fully evolved ability at defensive cost.
The cost for a single rank in a defensive evolution is 3, to then evolve it to a second rank would cost and extra 5 and so on.

Sorry that wasn't clear enough. and that 100 was a typo sorry. Also the numbers on the hexes on the map are elevation hence the negative numbers on ocean tiles.

EDIT: for exotic just add 1 to the base cost and offensive is 2 more than base. also civic is one less than base just to make it that much clearer.

I believe the EP costs are as follows, correct?

Offensive - 5/7/10/14/17 = 5/12/22/36/53
Exotic - 4/6/9/13/16 = 4/10/19/32/48
Defensive - 3/5/8/12/15 = 3/8/16/28/43
Civic - 2/4/7/11/14 = 2/6/13/24/38
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10