Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92673 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2010, 07:16:45 pm »

Yeah, and -1 morale for next turn, too. And he didn't fix my overcrowding penalties for next turn, either.
Huh? Next turn? Next turn hasn't happened yet, how could he have made a mistake?
I mean the (Overcrowding! Population growth is reduced by 3%, Morale by -1.). Except apparently he did fix it and I just forgot to reload the page.

Knight Otu, what kind of dragon are we talking about here? Big, dumb and scaly? Big, smart and scaly? And whereabouts is this ruined city? Wouldn't want to get an exploring unit eaten because I didn't ask a couple easy questions.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:48:18 pm by Vanigo »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2010, 07:33:46 pm »

What? I don't understand... what do you mean by "next turn"?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2010, 07:49:01 pm »

The overcrowding penalties listed this turn are the ones that will be applied next turn, aren't they?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »

Yes, but how can he fix your overcrowding penalties for next turn if it hasn't happened yet?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 29, 2010, 10:23:10 pm »

I meant that he had listed them wrong, which made me worry that he would screw them up next turn.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »

Ah.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2010, 06:38:32 am »

Knight Otu, what kind of dragon are we talking about here? Big, dumb and scaly? Big, smart and scaly? And whereabouts is this ruined city? Wouldn't want to get an exploring unit eaten because I didn't ask a couple easy questions.
Big, smart, and scaly. The ruined city, and by extension the dragon's cave, is on the northern tip of the great mountain range.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2010, 11:06:33 am »

Big, smart, and scaly. The ruined city, and by extension the dragon's cave, is on the northern tip of the great mountain range.
Where the river is, or is this somewhere further north that I haven't found yet?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2010, 12:00:10 pm »

Pretty much where the river is.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2010, 06:18:23 pm »

Hmm. So how developed was this city, and about how nasty is this dragon? I'm thinking resettling the place might belong on my list of long-term goals.

Edit: Ched, you've only got 29 base labor, not 30. Also, percussion caps? That's 19th century technology you're talking about. Which I guess is kind of okay if it's reasonably balanced against everyone else's magic, but unless you're going to get machine guns (which is really pushing it) it doesn't really leave you anywhere further to go.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:29:55 pm by Vanigo »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2010, 06:34:23 pm »

That's why I was asking about the (RL) tech level earlier. He went for bullet casings pretty much as soon as he got muskets, meaning clips or belt feeds aren't far off if he succeeds.

Again, I'm not really worried about Otu going "Well guns replaced other weapons IRL so I guess they'll obsolete them in this game too," but it's turning into a somewhat strange world.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2010, 07:48:22 pm »

Edit: Ched, you've only got 29 base labor, not 30. Also, percussion caps? That's 19th century technology you're talking about. Which I guess is kind of okay if it's reasonably balanced against everyone else's magic, but unless you're going to get machine guns (which is really pushing it) it doesn't really leave you anywhere further to go.
Why don't you get them yourself?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2010, 07:58:41 pm »

Why don't you get them yourself?
That's not really the issue. I'm not worried that they'll be overpowered and the only way to stay competitive, I just find the prospect of legionnaires facing off against a force with WWI-era technology - and possibly winning - distasteful. Not that the former is any better; it'd force everyone onto a homogeneous technology path, and that's no fun at all.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2010, 07:59:59 pm »

Okay, then I'll call them Alchemical Brain Exploders instead of muskets, and say they're powered by eldritch magic. Is that sufficient?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 30, 2010, 08:08:54 pm »

Okay, then I'll call them Alchemical Brain Exploders instead of muskets, and say they're powered by eldritch magic. Is that sufficient?
I'd be thinking more along the lines of calling them hand cannons, then arquebuses, then muskets, and maybe throw some early breech-loading rifles somewhere in there. Gunpowder weaponry is fine, I just kind of hate to see things getting too... modern. Not like muskets aren't already hugely superior to any real-world bow or crossbow.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65