Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250318 times)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.8, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (Telnet or web browser)
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2010, 10:06:04 pm »

Hey Adeon I got a server crash due to the assert(false) in interface_ncurses.cc:2679 again. Circumstances unknown really, I was away. The last thing in the log indicates someone was trying to connect via their phone.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2010, 03:16:01 am »

Hey Adeon I got a server crash due to the assert(false) in interface_ncurses.cc:2679 again. Circumstances unknown really, I was away. The last thing in the log indicates someone was trying to connect via their phone.

I commented that assert out. Your version is not the newest one though, the asserts are on different lines in my version. Not quite the correct way to fix it, asserts are meant to test conditions that should never occur, but I can't be bothered to debug what's the real problem right now. The way it works, this shouldn't cause any weird behavior though.

It's also possible to disable all asserts by using a compiler macro, but I fixed it this way for now.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2010, 09:19:17 am »

Huh. i thought i had updated. I'll go do that :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 04, 2010, 03:30:02 pm »

How do I make it to work with .16? Are there some offset tweaks I can configure or should I wait?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2010, 03:13:26 am »

How do I make it to work with .16? Are there some offset tweaks I can configure or should I wait?

The way it works, only way to make it work is for me to release a version that supports it. I've been busy doing all sorts of other RL stuff.

Once DFHack stuff gets stable enough, users should be able to configure for new versions themselves.

I'll release a version today.

EDIT: Dfterm2 0.9 is up with DF 0.31.16 support.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:55:11 am by Adeon »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.9, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (Telnet or web browser)
« Reply #395 on: October 05, 2010, 09:16:34 am »

When trying to compile on linux.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2010, 09:37:10 am »

When trying to compile on linux.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are your headers old?

This is not something I'll fix, but you can work around it by modifying the sources just a bit.

Change this (in socketevents.cc, line 46)
Code: [Select]
   ee.events = EPOLLIN | EPOLLOUT | EPOLLRDHUP | EPOLLET;
To this:
   ee.events = EPOLLIN | EPOLLOUT | EPOLLET;

This should not have grave consequences. In epoll() event system, RDHUP is generated on some special conditions when client shuts down connection in a certain way.

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2010, 03:57:22 pm »

Is there way to get me and friend both behind router, able to play or watch on dfterm?

I tried give ip address to my friend, I could see my own game with putty but he could not connect to me, he said putty close command screen immediately.

We tried over hamachi (with my hamachi ip), he said screen open a bit while, then still closes later.

By the way, we could play Diablo 2 fine together with hamachi. I just wondering is putty or DFterm working with hamachi or no? any other way?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:01:40 pm by ventuz »

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2010, 04:08:07 pm »

I have used dfterm2 over Hamachi, a number of times, so I can confirm it works for me.

The first thing that makes me think of is that Putty auto-selects the Telnet port, and dfterm2 uses port 8000, which is not the default. Try that first.
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:41 pm »

That's what we tried, it's not working, he followed instruction

fill in IP (my ip), fill in port 8000, change to TELNET,change character set to UTF-8
that only close window immediately for him.

we both boot up hamachi, i'm in same room with him in hamachi
he fill in my hamachi ip, port 8000, Telnet, UTF-8
this time, it opens putty screen for a few seconds, then close.

my DFterm didn't say if there's new connection or anything like that, just my own connection.

ShadowDrake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2010, 09:44:34 pm »

That's what we tried, it's not working, he followed instruction

fill in IP (my ip), fill in port 8000, change to TELNET,change character set to UTF-8
that only close window immediately for him.

we both boot up hamachi, i'm in same room with him in hamachi
he fill in my hamachi ip, port 8000, Telnet, UTF-8
this time, it opens putty screen for a few seconds, then close.

my DFterm didn't say if there's new connection or anything like that, just my own connection.

Turn off firewalls. Be sure you guys can connect with other things first. Can you two ping each other? This isn't really a dfterm problem but a general connection problem instead

ShadowDrake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.3, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (Telnet or web browser)
« Reply #401 on: October 11, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »

I keep getting an error when I launch DFTerm. I'm on XP and using the latest versions of DFTerm and DF. The error reads as follows:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." Thoughts?

Found a solution to this one finally. Tried to run the server on a fresh install of windows server 2008 and it wouldn't run - I was getting this crashing error. Tried a bunch of different things but ended up reformatting it back to XP.

Still got the same error though.

The final solution ended up being installing a combination of Lua 5.1, Java, MSVC++ 2005 SP1/2008, DirectX and .net framework 3.5 (which required windows installer 3.1).

That covered just about all of the bases and the game runs now. It was either Java or Lua 5.1 which finally got the game running as it was still crashing with the others. Dependency Walker was great in helping me track down what was missing (and even after everything was installed, it still says there's a java .dll missing - but the server runs, so....)

Hope this helps.

sinoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sinoth.net
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »

Wonderful utility!  I'm using it to play DF from my weak netbook while being hosted on my beefy gaming rig :)  I do have a question about the flash interface though -- is there an explanation anywhere on how to get that working?  Looks like dfterm doesn't start up any sort of internal web server right now by default.  Are we supposed to run a web server of our own and host the stuff in the /soiled directory?
[i do not regret]

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »

Wonderful utility!  I'm using it to play DF from my weak netbook while being hosted on my beefy gaming rig :)  I do have a question about the flash interface though -- is there an explanation anywhere on how to get that working?  Looks like dfterm doesn't start up any sort of internal web server right now by default.  Are we supposed to run a web server of our own and host the stuff in the /soiled directory?

The flash interface is a little wonky, I have not documented it and flash programs have issues with input (some keys not working, some keys producing something different than usual, etc.). You certainly can play with it though.

Dfterm2 has a built-in minimal HTTP server just for this purpose. It's just not turned on by default.

The flash interface is enabled by tuning parameters given to dfterm2.exe. If you are on windows, you can modify the link in the start menu to pass the additional parameters. For example:

dfterm2.exe --http --httpport 8001 --httpconnectaddress 1.2.3.4 --flashpolicyport 8002
(I'd give you a screenshot if I wasn't on Linux at the moment)

This will start HTTP service on port 8001. Flash policy port is used by flash to fetch policy information to where it can connect (no need to care or know about it). Replace 1.2.3.4 with your IP address as it is seen from outside world. In this case, you could then play by browsing to http://1.2.3.4:8001/

ALT key doesn't work in flash programs so use Escape key instead.

You can confirm the HTTP server is running if dfterm2 console shows something like this:
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: Starting up dfterm2.
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: Maximum number of slots is 4294967295
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: Using database dfterm2_database.sqlite3
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: Telnet service started on address 0.0.0.0:8000
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: HTTP service started on address 0.0.0.0:8929
2010-10-18 00:22:17 Note: flashpolicy.xml service started on address 0.0.0.0:8930

I hope this helps.

sinoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sinoth.net
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »

I hope this helps.

Many thanks, got it working :)  As you said there are some oddities but it's an incredible proof-of-concept.  I'll give it a more thorough test later and report any weirdness.
[i do not regret]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46