Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230587 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Return to the Keep [Turn 36]
« Reply #750 on: July 22, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

Train Cheddarius in the ways of alchemy, whilst thinking on ways I could combine my current ingredients to produce a potion that would give the user a huge boost in strength, healing and constitution (rage an added bonus :).

I order the gelatin to attempt to drain energy from plant life using it's new crystal powers... and to become visible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:17:43 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 22, 2010, 03:41:35 pm »

What happened to the stone spirit healing me?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 22, 2010, 03:47:58 pm »

Destroy the book? Bah, that would be a waste! I try to create a rune that can absorb demonic power, carved onto my staff.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 22, 2010, 03:52:27 pm »

I visit a priest to discuss the nature of my findings on souls and to ask about methods of purifying corrupted demonic souls. If possible, I'll ask somebody important for where we should next hit our foes.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »

What happened to the stone spirit healing me?

Erm... I forgot.

Kin's spirit tries to heal Cheddarius. (2+1) The spell is rather weak, (Luck 3) and only heals a small amount of his wounds.

Destroy the book? Bah, that would be a waste!

That is, of course, your choice. I didn't create the book because I intended for you to destroy it, I created it because I wanted to see what you would do with it.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 22, 2010, 05:26:12 pm »

That is, of course, your choice. I didn't create the book because I intended for you to destroy it, I created it because I wanted to see what you would do with it.
Yes, and I am quite confident my choice will come back to bite me later. Oh well.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 22, 2010, 05:36:12 pm »

Yes, and I am quite confident my choice will come back to bite me later. Oh well.
I'll likely have to purgificate your soul afterwords. Probably in a duo action with Cheddarius. On the plus side, you have a 33% chance of improving your power through it, only a 16% chance of becoming slightly less useful then a peasant, and we'd only have a 10% chance of somebody dying.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 22, 2010, 05:40:47 pm »

At the moment my plan is to keep reading the book while finding a way to drain whatever evil it builds up. That way I can become more powerful while also not turning into a demon too much.

And now that I have explained the plan in full, nothing can possibly go wrong!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #758 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:39 pm »

Seeing as we now are in a relatively safe place I start practicing in a new school of magic:

Heads, I do Fire; Tails, I do Necromancy.
Tails. Necromancy it is.

Necromancy. And I'm sure I should have a grasp on it since I've seen Nirur done it a hundreds of times. Can't be that hard. See if I can do a Life Tap on a critter noone would miss where we also are secluded from the others. Stone Spirit will help me in this endeavor by capturing said critter.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 22, 2010, 05:43:00 pm »

You saying that becoming a utterly corrupted soul/demon that's a world destroying master of evil bad? :P

At the moment my plan is to keep reading the book while finding a way to drain whatever evil it builds up. That way I can become more powerful while also not turning into a demon too much.
But think of it: You could become a demon and fight demons! The ultimate irony!

Also: Hoping some people die sometime. The waiting list is waiting for it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 22, 2010, 06:00:33 pm »

Also: Hoping some people die sometime. The waiting list is waiting for it.

Eh, it's not much of a waiting list....Cept old Dwarmy! His time will come! You'll see! You'll all see!

*crazy old man laugh*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:48 pm »

I'll try to negate the rune of harm on my brigandine, be it remembering a rune from my pre-mirror self, or searching for someone to help me out. If I have to look for someone to help me with the rune, I'll also look for someone to repair the broken scalemail in the process.
NOT THE BEES!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:03 pm »

Kin's spirit tries to heal Cheddarius. (2+1) The spell is rather weak, (Luck 3) and only heals a small amount of his wounds.
I was only lightly wounded/bleeding anyway. Does that mean I'm fully healed? Or am I now 0.5-lightly bleeding, or something?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 22, 2010, 07:34:56 pm »

Stopped the bleeding, but you're still wounded.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 22, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

Great!
Nirur, do you want to do that collaboration this turn?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 120