Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230421 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Scavengers [Turn 7]
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:47 am »

Find my way back to the city, searching for high-quality Daemon weapons on the way.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:01:37 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Scavengers [Turn 7]
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2010, 10:59:29 am »

Test out demon blood, by adding one drop blood, to pinch of ash, and small amount of vinegar.  repeat, but substitute vinegar for holy water(REALLY SMALL DROP HERE, don't wanna blow myself up... again)
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Still Scavenging [Turn 8]
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »

Still Scavenging [Turn 8]

Hurray, another turn.

I cry over this strange feeling of loss, and try very hard to think of who I am. I must have been somebody important, since I have this strange rectangle filled with odd, think rectangles.
After failing to remember anything (3), you fall down on the ground and weep in despair. (Luck 5) In your depression you have a sudden recollection.

I'll try to get some of the scrolls from the temple as payment for helping in the defense.
You walk up to a priest and inquire about the scrolls. (6) She explains that they were created by Archbishop Maremed when fighting the crusade against the necromaners of Sigun. (Luck 1) She adamantly refuses to even let you touch them, however.

Hah! It worked!

Ponder what a Rune of Ice would do to my hammer and engrave a Rune of Power onto my left arm.
With your right arm still aching, you being carving the same run into your left arm. (5+2-2) You control yourself somewhat better
this time, and it doesn't hurt as much. (Luck 2) The rune doesn't seem to function quite right, however.

+3 to Runecrafting.

Seek out nearest commander and see if I can provide any assistance.

Juggle pebbles with magic.
You find a militia commander surveying the damage, and ask about helping him. (4) He looks you over and sighs.

"Not unless you're some form of miracle worker. We won this fight, but at what cost? The city is in ruins, half our army is dead... I guess you can help the workers repair the walls, but unless something changes quickly the next demon attack will be the end of Almar's Keep."

Equip shield. Carve rune of ice on spear.
You don the shield. You then begin trying to carve a rune on the spear. (1) You snap the spear in half and send shrapnel flying everywhere. (Luck 6) By some miracle none of it hits you.

I add some demons to my flesh golem
You head out and begin poking at the demon corpses. You try to add some of the claws and horns to the golem. (1) The additional parts don't take properly. (Luck 3) The demon blood reacts with the human blood, and begins rotting the golem.

Find my way back to the city, searching for high-quality Daemon weapons on the way.
You head back to the city, looking for weapons. (6) You find two spears and three daggers. (Luck 3) None seem to be of exceptional quality, however.

Test out demon blood, by adding one drop blood, to pinch of ash, and small amount of vinegar.  repeat, but substitute vinegar for holy water(REALLY SMALL DROP HERE, don't wanna blow myself up... again)
Deciding to experiment, you grab your kit and begin mixing stuff together. (6) You add a drop of the ichor, a little ash and the vinegar together. (5) The mixture becomes extremely hot, but doesn't shatter the glass. Could be useful. You insulate the mixture and don't have time to try the other mix.

New Recipe: Fever Gunk

+4 to Alchemy

-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »

Try to help repair the walls with earth magic. Focusing on the front gates.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2010, 05:25:50 pm »

Try to persuade her to let me have just one or two scrolls. After all, wouldn't the archbishop prefer they be used to fight evil, rather than rotting here?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2010, 06:04:49 pm »

(You forgot my +2 runecrafting, but it's okay. I still love you. I didn't really care about that spear anyway).

Carve a combination of finesse+ice runes on one of the demon daggers. Get back inside the walls if I'm outside? I'm not too sure where I am, but that's chill.

Chill. HAHA!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:52 pm »

I shall redouble my efforts at remembering. How did I learn these necromancy spells? I must have some skill at necromancy. Judging by my lack of mundane weaponry, I probably also know other magic. What did my mother's face look like? What was her maiden name? Did she even have a madin name, or was she never married?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:39 pm »

Heal the golem

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:33 pm »

head in town and look for an alchemy shop.
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2010, 02:26:24 am »

Start repairing the walls, beginning from where I accidentally took a chunk of stone and made a large hole by carefully using Stone. If it looks like I will loose control over the spell cancel it immediately and start doing it manually.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2010, 01:19:52 am »

put one of the daggers on my belt within easy reach, and try to imbue the force magic that I can conjure onto one of them.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Waiting for death. [Turn 9]
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2010, 06:04:03 pm »

Waiting for death. [Turn 9]

Try to help repair the walls with earth magic. Focusing on the front gates.
You decide that the least you can do is help repair the damage the demons did. (1+1) You try to use earth magic to repair the wall, but realize you don't actually know any earth magic and the whole wall starts shuddering. (Luck 5) By some miracle you get it to re-stabilize. The guard captain looks at you suspiciously.

+1 to Elementalism

Try to persuade her to let me have just one or two scrolls. After all, wouldn't the archbishop prefer they be used to fight evil, rather than rotting here?
You try to persuade the priestess to give you the scrolls. (1) She claims that the scrolls were entrusted to her safekeeping, and she can not give them to any adventurer prancing about willy-nilly. (Luck 5) She gives you her blessing, but denies any other help.

(You forgot my +2 runecrafting, but it's okay. I still love you. I didn't really care about that spear anyway).

Carve a combination of finesse+ice runes on one of the demon daggers. Get back inside the walls if I'm outside? I'm not too sure where I am, but that's chill.

Chill. HAHA!

Unfazed by your earlier failure, you continue to carve runes into the scavenged weapons. (1+2) As you're carving a rune of ice, you mess up the rune and it explodes. (Luck 2) You are encased in a solid block of ice.

I shall redouble my efforts at remembering. How did I learn these necromancy spells? I must have some skill at necromancy. Judging by my lack of mundane weaponry, I probably also know other magic. What did my mother's face look like? What was her maiden name? Did she even have a madin name, or was she never married?
You resume trying to remember your past. (6) Something clicks, and it all comes rushing back to you. (Luck 3) Your head hurts for a while, unable to process the wave of information that bombards you.

-1 to Skills

Heal the golem
You study the golem curiously, wondering about the effects. (5+2) You know it is not alive, but you think you can heal it anyway since it is made of flesh. You try to remove the poison from it's system. As you come in contact with it, you feel the weakness creeping into yourself. (Luck 4) You manage to block it and stop the decay of the golem, though it does not recover from the damage already done.

+2 to Healing

head in town and look for an alchemy shop.
You begin looking around the town to see where you might get supplies. (2) There is no alchemy shop in sight.

Start repairing the walls, beginning from where I accidentally took a chunk of stone and made a large hole by carefully using Stone. If it looks like I will loose control over the spell cancel it immediately and start doing it manually.

You shake your head after Derek almost brings the wall down, then begin to repair it.  (3+2) The rocks begin to fall into place (Luck 3+1) You create an intricate masonry that should withstand most assaults.

+3 to Elementalism

put one of the daggers on my belt within easy reach, and try to imbue the force magic that I can conjure onto one of them.
You slip the dagger in your belt. (3) Though normally done with runes, you try enchanting one of the daggers. (Luck 5) It is extremely difficult, but you manage to imbue some of the power into the dagger.

+2 to Metamagic
Item: Force Dagger

-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 11, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »

Someone wanna save me? D:
Use my hot, 20 charisma body to melt the ice.
Cast the opposite of chill by saying the incantation backwards. Magic works that way.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20:13 pm »

Rush over to Virroken and cast torch on him.
I ask Virroken (If he is free) To make a rune of warding on my sandals. This should theoretically protect me somewhat from attacks.

Edit: Changed robes to sandals. Can't carve on robes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:22:41 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

Oh well, I leave the church and carve a rune of energy into my staff. I'll also have my wight go out and search the battlefield for anything valuable.(assuming it's smart enough to do so)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 120