Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230537 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Beware the chicken! [Turn 71]
« Reply #1515 on: November 12, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

Drain one of the protection crystals with the converter.
I'm aiming at making a set of alchemical gem stones to imbue into my armor or self.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:40 pm »

Try to melt the Scrap to the point where I could make something out of it with Heat based Fel-Flame

Oi, could someone engrave my armor or my axe? or make a new axe out of Moloch metal once we hit the road? It would be appreciated, me being the 'Death knight tank' and all.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:39:02 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 12, 2010, 03:54:51 pm »

Irony, if you're going to do something with the armor, it should still be malleable.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 12, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »

Hum... well...

My original plan, which was unlikely to fully succeed for several reasons, was to make myself a Moloch-metal scythe inlaid with orange crystal, hopefully resulting in a weapon that boosted its wielder's strength enough to actually use it.

I'm currently debating whether I should still try that or go for something more useful. Thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also, unless I'm busy with something else crazy I'd be happy to improve/produce items. All I know is Rune of Pain and my runecrafting skill isn't all that great, though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:35:51 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 12, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »

How about an axe or a breastplate with an orange gem?

I AM SO NEEDY ARG  :'(

But the scythe sounds like a cool idea (Arg I want to steal it), and I suppose that I have my own metal to begin forging. Sorta.

But on the third hand you don't have the skills for weaponry.

But on the fourth you could learn and become fearsome.

But on the fifth you could devote that time to learning more magic

But on the sixth (Ect ect ect...)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 12, 2010, 04:55:02 pm »

Incidentally, how many actions would it take to shift a pillar to orange, cut it into inlays, and forge malleable metal into something else inlaid with crystal?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 12, 2010, 05:05:32 pm »

Incidentally, how many actions would it take to shift a pillar to orange, cut it into inlays, and forge malleable metal into something else inlaid with crystal?

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »

Curses. Would adding the crystal afterwards be harder or less effective than building it in while it was being made?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 12, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »

Curses. Would adding the crystal afterwards be harder or less effective than building it in while it was being made?
No, but it wouldn't look as cool.
Drain one of the protection crystals with the converter.
I'm aiming at making a set of alchemical gem stones to imbue into my armor or self.

???

There aren't any protection crystals...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:13 pm »

Forge Dunib a new breastplate out of the metal Nirur softened, using magic or force to work it if possible. If not, Kin's spare hammer or the back end of my hatchet.

EDIT: The breastplate will include a slot(s) for crystal enhancements, either in front of the heart or on the shoulders.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:36:31 pm by IronyOwl »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 12, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »

Focus and cast shield of faith onto the magical conversion device, while having it turned on, in the hopes of making condensed shield of faith.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:44:43 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »

Regeneration still?
Drain any of the remaining crystals using the magic converter.
Hey, leave me something for a regeneration trinket.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 12, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »

Regeneration still?
Drain any of the remaining crystals using the magic converter.
Hey, leave me something for a regeneration trinket.
I'm just making them into a smaller, more condensed version, I think my crystals may actually work better for what you want.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:11 pm »

I retract my objection.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »

I dunno, your little condensed thingies strike me more as latent reagents and less effect-emitters.

Though, I'm now picturing combining alchemy with metamagic to infuse a material with their very essence, so carry on.

EDIT: Although, are these any different from someone just casting regeneration into your machine or something? You might want to save these ones for carvables if they're not any better than transient castings.

EDIT EDIT: Also I've been meaning to learn healing (and maybe fire, but that's on hold currently), so if you want a chance at a healing stone at some point I could cast straight into the device instead of finishing off a wounded comrade. I don't know what a failure would do to it, though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:31:24 pm by IronyOwl »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120