Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 15339 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2010, 09:51:53 pm »

Rerail : People who don't know how to park. Whenever I see someone parked diagonally it makes me want to smash their windshield. I don't entirely know why.

When I see that I want to do this: http://xkcd.com/562/
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »

Whenever I ask a question and it's regarded as a statement. Either responding as if it was one, or ignoring it as a muttering.

Every. Damn. Time. At. Work.

It usually takes me up to 5 or more times to ask them before they realize I was asking them a question.

More work-related annoyance: Frivolous complaints about me whenever I stumble or miscalculate a drop onto a counter, and they regard it as me being angry at work because it landed with a *THUD*.

Or simply put: People who look for reasons to complain. Usually, the older they are, the more complaints they look for.

And of course, when I serve people, and I usually follow up with confirming questions regarding their order, they're gone for 5 minutes while I have a line of people waiting for service. Basically leading me to disregard customers if they disappear for longer than a minute, then it's the next person in line to serve; and if they don't respond to confirmations, I default to a usual purchase. Don't like it? You should've been around to make sure I got the order correct. The world doesn't revolve around you. BTW, if the customer is always right; I have many questions I'd like to toss at them.

And excuse my ranting. I tend to get worked up at any mention of my job.

EDIT:
Yes, I do apply the questioning inflection. People are just as tone deaf when listening as they are with singing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:17:52 am by Itnetlolor »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:59 pm »

Whenever I ask a question and it's regarded as a statement. Either responding as if it was one, or ignoring it as a muttering.

Surely thats your problem not theirs? Are you actually using a tone of voice that makes it seem like a question not a statement?

Anyway, people who dislike cyclists cause they're too fat to own a bike.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2010, 11:25:58 pm »

Cyclists who ride really really slow on the main road and refuse to pull over and let you pass.

Yeah, great, you're getting your exercise.  Yeah, I see your lean muscle tone, Lance.  Now get out of my way.  I realize I don't own the road, but that doesn't mean you do, now have some courtesy.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 11:37:02 pm »

Cyclists who swerve in and out of lanes of traffic. "Oh! Just because I'm too drunk to drive doesn't mean I'm too drunk to bike! And if they hit he it's their fault!" Assholes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:44:14 pm by kinseti »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2010, 11:42:24 pm »

It must be a big problem in America then. In the UK we have a fairly friendly attitude towards bikers.

If you've ever been on a busy road in a bike its pretty harrowing. Your on a tiny frame using your own steam to get from A to B while theres cars twice as big as you and about 10 times as heavy trying to overtake you with next to no consideration. You've got bus drivers who only care about getting to the next stop before the cyclist passes them. You've got truck drivers who NEVER see you.

And its extremely selfish of drivers to think they come first. Cyclist have right of way for obvious reasons, remember that please.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 11:48:12 pm »

I'm not being selfish if it pisses me off that a drunk cyclist is swerving in and out of highway traffic at 11:00 AM.

Actually, a few of the cities around where I live have dedicated bike lanes on high traffic routes. It's a good idea. It encourages people to bike at the same time as it encourages people to not bike like a jerk.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:52:33 pm by kinseti »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2010, 11:56:17 pm »

Oh, I don't care about you hating people who drink and cycle. Its just this who anti-cycle thing going on here that annoys me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2010, 11:57:33 pm »

And its extremely selfish of drivers to think they come first. Cyclist have right of way for obvious reasons, remember that please.

NO, cars have the right of way because a bicycle can stop or maneuver aside much faster and easier, and cannot attain the speeds a car can.  The same reasons trains have right-of-way over cars, a car can dodge a train, not the other way around.  A bicycle in any kind of traffic denser or faster than a residential side street is a mortal danger to itself at least, and a serious navigation hazard to everyone else on the road.

I know damn well real laws don't reflect that, but they fucking should.  What obvious reasons do you have for the presently accepted alternative?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:59:07 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:54 am »

Dude, have you ever cycled down a busy street with a moderate amount of traffic on it before? You don't end up being less of a human being because you chose to cycle to your destination, a car can survive being hit by a cyclist not the other way around.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:44 am »

Which is exactly why you shouldn't be there.  You're small, slow, and flimsy, and you have the option of using spaces like sidewalks that cars cannot.  Ergo, you should be on the sidewalk where it's safe, not taking up space on the road and endangering yourself and others just because the law says you can.

I have no problem with you riding a bike.  Good on you for the exercise.  I do have a problem with you riding your bike where I'm driving my car, and I can't understand why you would insist on the right to do so when you freely admit what a bad idea it is.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2010, 12:10:46 am »

Nope, cyclists arn't suppoesed to cycle on the pavement. Cause humans are small, slow and flimsy. Cyclists have to use the roads by agreed convention.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2010, 12:14:43 am »

That's... fucking retarded.  It's not okay for a pedestrian to walk around in traffic because they're squishy.  It's not okay for cyclists to ride on the sidewalk because their flimsy aluminum frame makes them slightly less squishy than the other squishy humans on the sidewalk.  But it's not just okay but required that a squishy human with a little flimsy piece of aluminum ride around on the road with multi-ton steel blocks traveling twice the cyclist's speed.

How can you think this is a good system?  People on sidewalks might get bruised if a bicycle hits them, so the bicycles have to be in the road?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:01 am »

Not required over here. People just give you funny looks.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2010, 12:26:05 am »

I cringe whenever someone says "I could care less" when they should be saying "I couldn't care less."

Also: "I know, right?"

*sigh*
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13