Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90953 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2010, 06:10:41 pm »

Whoops! All fixed :)

Lol sorry about that ... wasn't thinking.

by the way anya, Have you thought of using Firefox? You can spell check your entries as you post them ;)

i do have firefox at home. just not at school
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »

You have x-com at school but not firefox?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:45 pm »

You can run it on a flash drive.

Anyway, I'm surprised at how long Heyreddin has lasted. I just hope he'll live long enough take take some aliens captive.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2010, 09:20:51 pm »

Hot damn you suck at X-COM.  Although I should give you more credit.

Also, what modifications have been made to grenades? If none, sell all standard grenades promptly. You really don't use them for much. Also, only a couple of dedicated grenadiers can do a much better job deploying grenades.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:23:34 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2010, 09:33:55 pm »

Okay, next man:  Boomclone #1.  An experimental clone engineered for the role of a grenadier.  He gets the best explosives available, but the lower-grade guns.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2010, 11:35:45 pm »

Mission successful!

Mr. Apples:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
kills + 2
TU's + 1
Health + 3
Reactions + 1
Firing Accuracy + 3
Strength + 1

Cerapa:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 2
Stamina + 3
Firing Accuracy + 3
Throwing Accuracy + 2
Strength + 1

Spartan:
Throwing Accuracy + 2

Hugh Mann:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 2
TU's + 3
Stamina + 4
Health + 2
Firing Accuracy + 2
Throwing Accuracy + 1
Strength + 3

RAM 1:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 1
TU's + 1
Stamina + 4
Health + 4
Reactions + 1
Firing Accuracy + 1
Strength + 4

Heridden Barbarossa:
Throwing Accuracy + 1

Honorable Mentions:

Steve: 1 kill before death
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2010, 11:38:28 pm »

Dishonorable mention: Tamunshin, 2 mission, ~12 shots and nothing of value to report. :S

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2010, 11:40:00 pm »

Hot damn you suck at X-COM.  Although I should give you more credit.

Also, what modifications have been made to grenades? If none, sell all standard grenades promptly. You really don't use them for much. Also, only a couple of dedicated grenadiers can do a much better job deploying grenades.

grenades modified or not, are useful for indirect fire. and no i do not suck at x-com. damn skyranger was in the middle of the map and I dont keep a chart of what can be destroyed by what (in this case, brick walls) on hand or memorized. besides if i min/maxed it would be boring.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2010, 11:41:09 pm »

Dishonorable mention: Tamunshin, 2 mission, ~12 shots and nothing of value to report. :S

she'll get her moment. especially once i get on a terror mission and there's something with some decent armor on it to shoot at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »

I was just playing X-COM and got a squaddie named Marcel Marcelle who (using only two pistols and 600 rounds of ammo) single-handedly took out 13 aliens and a large UFO. Never again shall I underestimate the power of really fast dudes with pistols.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2010, 12:09:47 am »

I was just playing X-COM and got a squaddie named Marcel Marcelle who (using only two pistols and 600 rounds of ammo) single-handedly took out 13 aliens and a large UFO. Never again shall I underestimate the power of really fast dudes with pistols.

those pistols are really good against sectoids and floaters, they suck against anything with armor. this means they are also much less effective on higher difficulties where every little bit of damage potential is important.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2010, 02:44:02 am »

Woohoo! I would have liked more TUs, but that upgrade is awesome, too bad I am going to die next mission...

I wish that X-com could have had swords like apocalypse does...

I need to get apocalypse to work again, there are few things quite so satisfying as planting charges in all of the supports of a building, set to detonate at once, then sitting back and watching the whole thing collapse. And then getting a replay as the building collapses in the world view as well...
Of course that was less entertaining when you lost all your troops from the building collapsing on their plane...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2010, 02:47:24 am »

Don't forget the hilarity of walking into a carpeted building full of civvies and throwing an incendiary grenade.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2010, 10:54:36 am »

Good job so far. You seem to hit the average two deaths a mission I seem to start off with, and this is before you got to lasors.

I have to admit though, I've only ever played with humans, and never with those tank things. This ought to be interesting.

If there is any advice I can offer, it is this: aliens only fire at things that shoot at them if they can see them. One stratagey is to have your higher accuracy shooters fire at them from twenty spaces away. It saves a few lives every now and then, but it is pretty useless untill you get to lasers (unless x-com util addresses rifle inaccuracy.)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:23 am »

Good job so far. You seem to hit the average two deaths a mission I seem to start off with, and this is before you got to lasors.

I have to admit though, I've only ever played with humans, and never with those tank things. This ought to be interesting.

If there is any advice I can offer, it is this: aliens only fire at things that shoot at them if they can see them. One strategy is to have your higher accuracy shooters fire at them from twenty spaces away. It saves a few lives every now and then, but it is pretty useless until you get to lasers (unless x-com util addresses rifle inaccuracy.)

i watched a video outlining that strategy and i think i will start using it. i thought aliens could react to anyone who had line of fire.

as far as i know xcomutil doesn't address the rifle's accuracy but the vanilla rifle does have decent aimed accuracy, they just can only get one of them out per turn
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67