Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90908 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2010, 10:01:26 pm »

Do I LOOK like the type of guy that would sell an autocannon? I thought not.

Judging by how many rounds it took to take down those aliens, pistols just won't be cutting it soon enough. 

actually pistols contributed 3 of 7 kills on my last mission. I'm not selling the only one hand ranged weapon available at this point
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2010, 10:10:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this is how you want one of your soldiers to be . Trust me. Drop pistols until the laser pistol.

Also, plasma pistols are worthless, so is heavy laser, and for more reasons than one, it's not as simple as I would suggest. 
Anything without autofire or explosiony goodness is a waste of my time, and your time, if you know what's good for you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:16:21 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »

How are heavy lasers bad? They can one-shot reapers most of the time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

this is how you want one of your soldiers to be . Trust me. Drop pistols until the laser pistol.

Also, plasma pistols are worthless, so is heavy laser, and for more reasons than one, it's not as simple as I would suggest. 
Anything without autofire or explosiony goodness is a waste of my time, and your time, if you know what's good for you.

you know, to start off. THIS IS MY PLAY THROUGH. i'm not going to adhere to your every suggestion and direction.

if you had read through this topic you would have noticed that i am playing with a mod that rebalenced a few weapons such as the pistol, and the heavy laser.

i will not employ an arms master who orders me around and insults my intelligence
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2010, 01:12:40 am »

OK like last time, i posted my notes, this is a good "TL DR" i suppose but it also stirs up interest while i slowly type out a convincing and not horrible (but still not terribly good) story to go with it. combat did not go so well this time and a few of you did not get your "time to shine". i have a full roster of redshirts waiting to be renamed before the next skyranger is sent out. there is not enough room for those who lost soldiers to join in this time but you'll be in reserve in case this is a repeat.

also i need to know if you really care if your soldier is male/ female. i cant work miracles (especially with how little cash i have to work with right now) but i can at least try to not hurt your sensibilities.

i have researched laser pistols, i'm going to research rifles but what should i research after that? i vote personal armor
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:15:18 am by cganya »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2010, 01:19:52 am »

I'd either vote for that, or heavy plasma if you've got one to examine (mainly because heavy plasma=>PLASMA CANNON!!).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 05:15:09 am »

Well, I'd much prefer it if Archangel was male, especially as I envision him as a him of the big, strong, silent type.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2010, 06:45:26 am »

>_O
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2010, 06:54:34 am »

And here I was trying to plan out RAM 2 when it turns out I actually took out 1 and 1/2 aliens... Now that I'm a hero I don't want to die anymore, still, at least it will be suitably cinematic when it happens.

I was perfectly happy with the pictures as they were.

Yeah, personal armour, it is a pain to be weighed down like that, but without it you don't really have any alternative to 'explode into gore'...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:52 am »

>_O

it is a sad fact of this game that even your favorite soldiers will die. feel free to request another dood though or like i said earlier, some other x-com personnel. maybe you could help the scientists out since your one of the first ever survivors of the alien weapons

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2010, 11:21:15 am »

Hmmm. I don't mind if Norman turns out female, in that case, she would be Ashely instead. Same backstory and everything, I believe a woman has every right to be like a man. Very brave and very dead.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2010, 11:47:00 am »

Hmmm. I don't mind if Norman turns out female, in that case, she would be Ashely instead. Same backstory and everything, I believe a woman has every right to be like a man. Very brave and very dead.

thank you, since you stepped up first, you get a soldier with some very nice stats, who just happens to be female (seriously, i bought 8 soldiers and 3-5 of them are female)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2010, 11:52:45 am »

Quote from: Myroc on Today at 06:45:26 AM
>_O

it is a sad fact of this game that even your favorite soldiers will die. feel free to request another dood though or like i said earlier, some other x-com personnel. maybe you could help the scientists out since your one of the first ever survivors of the alien weapons

and you still get to drive the tank. Thouh it could use more dakka
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »

>_O

we have a tank driver already but soon we will have another sky ranger and will need a second one.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:47 pm »

>_O

we have a tank driver already but soon we will have another sky ranger and will need a second one.

I'm gonna wait until anya finishes the "story" update. Then I'll continue with some story fluff and additional signups.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67