Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paranoia Organization Thread: Troubleshooters Report For Mandatory Bonus Duty  (Read 3588 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

The following is RED clearance ONLY! Any INFRARED clearance citizens reading this will be summarily executed.

What is Paranoia?
Paranoia is a humorous role-playing game set in a dystopian future similar to Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brazil, Brave New World, Memoirs Found in a Bathtub, Alphaville, the "down under" civilization of A Boy and His Dog, I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, and especially Logan's Run and THX1138; however, the tone of the game is rife with black humor, frequently tongue-in-cheek rather than dark and heavy. The game is set in Alpha Complex, an immense and futuristic domed  or underground city (GM's decision) controlled by The Computer, a psychotic civil service AI construct. The Computer has made happiness mandatory. Failure to be happy is punishable by summary execution.

The Computer fears a number of threats to its 'perfect' society, such as The Outdoors, mutants, and secret societies (especially Communists). (Secretly, almost all of the people who inhabit Alpha Complex are mutants and members of a variety of secret societies - including Communists.) To deal with these threats, The Computer employs Troubleshooters, whose job is to solve problems: they go out, find trouble and shoot it. Frequently the solution involves identifying and terminating mutants and secret society members. Player characters (PCs) are usually Troubleshooters, although later game supplements offered other roles for player characters. The PCs are also almost invariably mutants and members of secret societies, and so are traitors of the very sort feared by The Computer. The PCs are usually given incomprehensible or self-contradicting mission goals; dangerous, faulty or experimental futuristic gizmos as equipment (such as a tactical nuclear grenade marked "Throw Hard!"), as well as contradictory missions from their secret societies. Paranoia missions are typically fatal for the Troubleshooters. But that's okay, because they've always got another 5 clones to pick up the slack.

How can I play?
The following is all you need to read to be able to play Paranoia!

http://www.paranoia-live.net/content.php?article.6
http://pastebin.ca/1805473
http://pastebin.com/f75b27026
http://pastebin.com/beseS4iE
http://pastebin.com/yCAjzSQt

When can I play?
I'm glad you asked! To sign up for a troubleshooter unit, simply post in the thread with the times and days you are available and you will be assigned to a unit without delay. Troubleshooter units come in sizes from four to six, depending on the mission available, and you will be grouped with people of a similar timezone and availability.

Where can I play?
Troubleshooting missions will be held in #paranoiabay12 on irc.newnet.net. If you do not have an available IRC client, please click this link.

Who's playing?

Troubleshooter Unit 1- Saturday and Sunday
1. Katalis-R-EGV-1 (Pillow_Killer)
2. Hea-R-DIX-1 (Nevyn)
3. Bard-R-DFN-1 (Kashyyk)
4. Ster-R-NIY-1 (Captain)

Troubleshooter Unit 2-
1. Ashlen-R-KHE-2 (Alexor)
2. Barol-R-SJR-2 (briess)
3. Hea-R-DIX-2 (Nevyn)
4. Cap-R-TUN-2 (Captain)

Troubleshooter Unit 3-
1. Deirdre-R-MHU-2 (Alexor)
2. John-O-BKL-1 (Anticheese)
3. Bene-R-DVR-2 (Caiaphas)
4. Jen-R-XXT-3 (Pseudonym)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:29:10 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia Organization Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:45:34 am »

Sure, I am in.
6 PM-12 PM GTM+3
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:56:05 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia Organization Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:51:14 am »

simply post in the thread with the times and days you are available and you will be assigned to a unit without delay.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone?

EDIT: Pillow_Killer, I'm afraid I can't include you as a troubleshooter except on weekends. I'm GMT-8, and that's 7 AM to 1 PM.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:55:54 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Sweet, Squeegy! I'm GMT-8 too! We could be as much as 3000 miles apart I guess, but whatever.

Are you anywhere near me? I'm in WA state.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

California.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Well, I guess that's at least in the same time zone  :-\
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-6 (For some reason I have to set my forum settings to -6.  It auto-reads me at -5 and then the forum looks an hour ahead of me).

4pm - 9pm normally.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using a Timed PC at a Net Cafe, Nearly out of time too.
Will look at this properly when I get home...
But looks good from what I have read...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMFG SO IN!!!
Um lets see...

GMT +11 (East Coast of Australia)
Any Day after 4pm.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:22:04 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like you'll have to go into the Weekend Squad with Pillow_Killer, that's 9PM here.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

I'm available on all week days after 4:00 PM.

Weekends are random.

And I'm in the Pacific Time zone. In California.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:33:22 am by Phantom »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Im available most weekends, and Wednesday through Friday from (very) approximately 8 till 10pm . I'm at GMT.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's 12 to 2 PM. Weekend squad again.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Golly gee! The Friend Computer has blessed us!

Today we got to do two games in one! There was a non-canon sidemission and then we made progress on the actual mission.

http://pastebin.com/beseS4iE
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: [1] 2