Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655024 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4380 on: August 08, 2015, 05:38:34 pm »

What I really wanna see is a Player-specific faction or player-custom faction troop tree. The player-specific one is a la original Sword of Damocles: a select-able faction trooptree that only your empire can access and train. Player custom is similar; freely customize units and where they are on the "tree". To keep balance in check you might only be able to select a certain range of gear within the units "level": no maille for your peasants!
>design weapons and armor for your faction
>the better weapons and armor you give to them the more they cost and longer time they take to train, just after peasants (that suck and randomly use peasant-tier weapons and rags) so no knight peasants (though second level knights should be possible, just very costly)
Yes please.

This went hand in hand with an idea I had while playing Brytenwalda: Companion outfitters. Why run around the globe looking for a specific type of heraldic armor and basic gloves and boots when as a King I really should be able to just buy this matching gear for them. Weapons I can get; shields should be sold here too, at least the ones that are painted with heraldry.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #4381 on: August 09, 2015, 12:51:34 am »

Or not even as a King but just a noble, heck, a very wealthy individual - you should be able to place an order at the local smithy to make you X amount of X types of armor. Ok, from a RP perspective, this would take a long time with big purchases. One does not simply make a plate mail in one day. So thinking about it maybe it would make more sense if you placed an order at the local guild master. He would then contact smiths through the kingdom or maybe just through entire land (merchants aren't bound by petty borders after all) and in few days time caravans from all around will come bearing armor to you. And once you do become a king (or a VERY wealthy individual), you could hire professional weapons/armor smiths for your ironworks (you can already set up by default in M&B:W) and they will produce weapons/armor en mass.

Of COURSE, you could also just have a guy who would magically have his inv full of best herald gear. Less hassle. Because if one would really like to expand on how you acquire weapons and armor, why stop at yourself/companions? Make a system where your entire army has to have physical access to gear in order to upgrade, instead of you just paying some frivolous amount of money and suddenly your troops are pulling high-end gear out of thin air. Dunno, personally I would absolutely love if there was some more complex system behind managing your army. But I doubt I'll see anything like this in any game like M&B soon.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 09, 2015, 07:11:27 am »

Yeah it kinda sucks that equipment is just a function of level.  If I'm rich, let me take a bunch of fresh peasants and outfit them with crossbows.  Or bows, but then you run into the real life problem that good bows require training (power draw, in this case).  Same with horses.  Heavy armor should be the same way, since getting in or out is complicated and time consuming.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:46 am »

Would certainly be interesting to see what happens when Scrooge McKing throws his army of peasants in full plate against a army of hardened veterans in rags with clubs.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: August 09, 2015, 10:08:51 am »

I forget if I mentioned this, but there's a mod called cRPG which adds RPG elements to multiplayer, where you can level your character up and equip them with whatever (unlike native MP where you're restricted to the different factions). They tried to implement a singleplayer-like map owned by various clans acting as the different factions, and each army on the map having their own equipment.

Anyways, sometimes they would have battles just for fun, and one I participated in was knights on plated chargers (heaviest horse in the mod) against peasants with peasant weapons and clothing. I've been a pikeman through and through playing that mod so I grabbed the longest pokey stick available while the others got clubs and sticks. An army of peasants defeated an army of knights by poking their horses as they charged then running up and beating them to death through their armor while they were stuck. It was hilarious.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 09, 2015, 01:19:23 pm »

Or not even as a King but just a noble, heck, a very wealthy individual - you should be able to place an order at the local smithy to make you X amount of X types of armor. Ok, from a RP perspective, this would take a long time with big purchases. One does not simply make a plate mail in one day. So thinking about it maybe it would make more sense if you placed an order at the local guild master. He would then contact smiths through the kingdom or maybe just through entire land (merchants aren't bound by petty borders after all) and in few days time caravans from all around will come bearing armor to you. And once you do become a king (or a VERY wealthy individual), you could hire professional weapons/armor smiths for your ironworks (you can already set up by default in M&B:W) and they will produce weapons/armor en mass.

Of COURSE, you could also just have a guy who would magically have his inv full of best herald gear. Less hassle. Because if one would really like to expand on how you acquire weapons and armor, why stop at yourself/companions? Make a system where your entire army has to have physical access to gear in order to upgrade, instead of you just paying some frivolous amount of money and suddenly your troops are pulling high-end gear out of thin air. Dunno, personally I would absolutely love if there was some more complex system behind managing your army. But I doubt I'll see anything like this in any game like M&B soon.

Yeah, the closest system to this (the physical access to gear thang) I've seen so far is from the original Sword of Damocles. You'd 'level' up a soldier and in order to progress them down the troop tree you'd have to bring them to a player-owned castle or city and upgrade them there for a fee.

Seriously, if you like M&B, do yourself a favor and go get the original and slap Sword of Damocles on it. It is one of the best mods to have ever been created for M&B. Be warned tho', original M&B doesn't wanna play nice with modern systems.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: August 09, 2015, 02:47:25 pm »

Are there any mods that let you design your own troops once King?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: August 09, 2015, 02:54:05 pm »

I believe they are out there, but I cant name them off the top of my head.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: August 09, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

In the last versions of Prophecy of Pendor you can design your own Knighthood Order.
They start much worse than the pre-existing Orders, but with time and various spoiler stuff, you can improve them into a powerfull Order like the pre-existing ones, and possibly worse (but it will take a -very- lot of time to be able to reach that point)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:40:42 pm by Robsoie »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:13 pm »

MnB2 looks lovely.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: August 09, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »

The "Year 1600 something" mod lets you do this. Giving peasant-tier grenades is apparently hilarious.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: August 09, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »

Super late game Prophesy of Pendor.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: August 09, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

Just want to give a mention to Sayazn mod. A pretty neat fantasy pike and musket setting and for once, not set in fantasy Europe.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: August 09, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »

16th Century and Nova Aetas that I know of.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: August 09, 2015, 11:27:20 pm »

Are there any guides to edit and make your own mod? :-\ I've been fumbly and observed that in some mods--they've managed to add different class/troop upgrades and such, so...here's me wondering if its possible (and something that can be done for one who doesn't know programming languages).

I would just like Sword Sisters to be more variant...
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 310