Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655006 times)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4365 on: August 07, 2015, 09:29:50 am »

Speaking of, what i would absolutely love in bannerlord is the singleplayer style battles where you can command a large group of troops except multiplayer. I want to vs my friends in battle strategy to see if what i do is actually any good against more than the ai, not just duels.

I could never get a good handle on directing my troops in M&B.  I'd like to see a better interface for this.

the map thing was usually pretty decent at it though most people dont know about it from what i've seen. You press backspace and can click on the map with a group selected to have a group move to a position. It's missing the ability to define your troops facing manually, though.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4366 on: August 07, 2015, 10:20:48 am »

Under AI control khergits are especially crappy, but under player leadership they have far more room for growth with player strategy than any other empire.
It makes me sad that the Rhodoks have the truth of the matter as far as raiding goes- the dumb AI can sit behind things and plink bolts at you just fine, but can't into horse tactics beyond 'CHARGE'.
Rhodoks with the dumb AI are at full strength, khergits are crippled by it.

Has there been any word on max battle size? Better graphics would usually equal smaller battles, especially if they're thinking about a console port.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4367 on: August 07, 2015, 10:23:17 am »

Under AI control khergits are especially crappy, but under player leadership they have far more room for growth with player strategy than any other empire.
It makes me sad that the Rhodoks have the truth of the matter as far as raiding goes- the dumb AI can sit behind things and plink bolts at you just fine, but can't into horse tactics beyond 'CHARGE'.
Rhodoks with the dumb AI are at full strength, khergits are crippled by it.

Has there been any word on max battle size? Better graphics would usually equal smaller battles, especially if they're thinking about a console port.
The graphics aren't really that much better, and you would expect them to have some experience in field of troop number, so hopefully more than Warband.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: August 07, 2015, 10:23:27 am »

The biggest flaw with commands in M&B is, IMO, how it groups units. Unit type grouping is extremely crude and is mostly good for such refined tactics as 'put infantry in front of archers' and 'CHAAAAAAERG!' and custom grouping/Nearby Soldiers are both awkward and tedious to use.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4369 on: August 07, 2015, 10:26:43 am »

such refined tactics as 'put infantry in front of archers' and 'CHAAAAAAERG!'
Welcome to medieval Calaradia.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: August 07, 2015, 10:30:21 am »

such refined tactics as 'put infantry in front of archers' and 'CHAAAAAAERG!'
Welcome to medieval Calaradia.
Bah, I don't know what M&B you were playing, but these ain't Calradian tactics.

Calradian tactics are 'PART-AAAAAAY with king' and 'fuck up some peasant's day'. Anything else is clearly a figment of some feverish imagination.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: August 07, 2015, 11:41:41 am »

Doks are beast mode. Aint nothing more satisfying than using a pike.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: August 07, 2015, 01:36:54 pm »

Decided to have a go at 1257 AD last night. After a meteoric rise to command over a mercenary force of over 100 soldiers (still used to Calradian numbers; that's not actually a lot), I laid siege to the same castle about six consecutive times. It ended with my army slaughtered and myself imprisoned and stripped of most of my fancy gear, needing to spend the last of my coin to buy my freedom.

Yup. That sounds about right.

if the rest of the goddamn military would tough up and attack something other than villages we wouldn't be in this goddamn situation
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: August 07, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »

I asked for advice here and then promptly played openxcom all day x.x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 07, 2015, 10:10:28 pm »

I asked for advice here and then promptly played openxcom all day x.x
I know the feeling. I've been "planning" to update and remod KSP for a grand campaign for about two months now.

This is pretty much standard behavior for me :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: August 08, 2015, 02:52:13 am »

One thing I'd like to see in Mount and Blade 2 (which I know won't be in it) would be the ability to for the player to merge into AI formations. I know the game is meant to be about you leading the charge on horseback but sometimes you just want to be part of the shieldwall or you're playing a mod like Freelancer (which needs to be integrated).
Just doesn't feel right having to stand either in front or behind the infantry line.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 08, 2015, 04:08:09 am »

One thing I'd like to see in Mount and Blade 2 (which I know won't be in it) would be the ability to for the player to merge into AI formations. I know the game is meant to be about you leading the charge on horseback but sometimes you just want to be part of the shieldwall or you're playing a mod like Freelancer (which needs to be integrated).
Just doesn't feel right having to stand either in front or behind the infantry line.
I...think that's already in M&B where you can effectively AI your PC (and yet still issue army commands while your character acts like an AI). I forgot the command though. F5?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 08, 2015, 04:30:30 am »

I don't want the AI to take over for me, rather just my troops leaving me a space in the formation. Isn't that also a cheat? I never really used it.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 08, 2015, 05:17:02 pm »

What I really wanna see is a Player-specific faction or player-custom faction troop tree. The player-specific one is a la original Sword of Damocles: a select-able faction trooptree that only your empire can access and train. Player custom is similar; freely customize units and where they are on the "tree". To keep balance in check you might only be able to select a certain range of gear within the units "level": no maille for your peasants!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4379 on: August 08, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

What I really wanna see is a Player-specific faction or player-custom faction troop tree. The player-specific one is a la original Sword of Damocles: a select-able faction trooptree that only your empire can access and train. Player custom is similar; freely customize units and where they are on the "tree". To keep balance in check you might only be able to select a certain range of gear within the units "level": no maille for your peasants!
>design weapons and armor for your faction
>the better weapons and armor you give to them the more they cost and longer time they take to train, just after peasants (that suck and randomly use peasant-tier weapons and rags) so no knight peasants (though second level knights should be possible, just very costly)
Yes please.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 310