Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655023 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4290 on: July 26, 2015, 07:37:30 am »

Screw you, Rhodoks are the best. Well their territory is, their troops are absolute crap.
They would be great if pikes actually worked as pikes instead of long stabby swords I.E. actually could brace them against cavalry (and all the mods that add this make it really inconvenient to do so unfortunately)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: July 26, 2015, 08:50:01 am »

Oh, since this thread got a CPR - Viking Conquest, the latest DLC from the Brytenwalda team, after its rocky start, has just gotten a free update adding a fuckton of features two days ago.

Would you say it's worth a purchase then?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: July 26, 2015, 09:26:16 am »

Screw you, Rhodoks are the best. Well their territory is, their troops are absolute crap.
They would be great if pikes actually worked as pikes instead of long stabby swords I.E. actually could brace them against cavalry (and all the mods that add this make it really inconvenient to do so unfortunately)
You can already use long polearms to stop horses in their tracks as long as they're past a certain length. Thing is, you can be jumping around and doing all sorts of twirly acrobatics and as long as you slightly poke the front portion of the horse as it's moving it will stop immediately and rear up. It's a kinda half-assed implementation... maybe Bannerlord will have something for us polearm users.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:52 am »

Oh, since this thread got a CPR - Viking Conquest, the latest DLC from the Brytenwalda team, after its rocky start, has just gotten a free update adding a fuckton of features two days ago.

Would you say it's worth a purchase then?
I'll have to play it first. TBH, the... alternatively good start it had scared me off of it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:13 am »

Haven't played it since the latest update, but VC got pretty good a few months ago. It was horribly buggy before then, but it's worth the purchase now, I'd say (I payed $10 AUSD)... good fun, some interesting tweaks... wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for it though.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: August 05, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 05, 2015, 10:22:41 am »

I was wondering when news of this was going to be released and I heard they were going to a convention of some sort, but I thought it was going to be in September.

I'm really glad that the animations have improved... but... oh my god.. look at the guy's hand at 1:14.. ow ow ow ow. To be fair, the only kind of hand in W&B and Warband was "clenched fist".

Also, ladders you can actually climb, woohoo.

The weapon crafting system looks neat, not because you can craft weapons, but because you can change the way the weapon looks. Now if only you could do the same with armor, including changing colors and such.

Replay editor looks basic as hell, but it's there and that's awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 05, 2015, 10:41:48 am »

I am going to headshot so many people climbing up ladders eeeeee!
Maybe with a custom bow, I guess?  I like the idea of crafting a weapon to suit my character instead of hoping to find one.  Hopefully with enough money it can compare to looted masterworks.
I'm glad there'll be replay too.  Might help understand the fight mechanics a little bit to go back and see what happened from above.

I'm uh, not particularly excited about... the board game?  But maybe it opens interesting modding possibilities.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:35 am »

*Dramatic Music*

BOARD GAMES.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4299 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:19 am »

Two-handed daggers HERE I COME!
Also, if armor crafting will be a thing, CHAINMAIL ROBES AND PLATE DRESSES HERE I COME!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: August 05, 2015, 11:51:05 am »

Do we get any kind of destructible terrain? If no, what will be the use of catapults in sieges for the attacking side?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4301 on: August 05, 2015, 11:59:20 am »

Do we get any kind of destructible terrain? If no, what will be the use of catapults in sieges for the attacking side?
My thoughts exactly.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4302 on: August 05, 2015, 12:01:36 pm »

Proably, but I presume it will work like that one old siege map for Garrys Mod. You will be able to break only certain parts of walls or towers. It might also work like sieges in that old Robin Hood game, the catapult firing until script finally turns the wall into rubble, but that would be boring at best.

Or it could work like that mod to M&B where catapults broke other catapults and killed soldiers by dozens because it had splash damage. Proably this and also partially breakable castles.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 05, 2015, 12:05:07 pm »

Prepare thysef.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This looks awesome, and I'm excited for it. It certainly looks like there's going to be a fair bit more content than Warband, which will be interesting. I'd like to see more of the siege engines and what they can do, particularly the catapults.

PPE: already a discussion on that, cool

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 05, 2015, 12:09:32 pm »

Just give me a release date, so I know when to quit my job.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 310