Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655011 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4275 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

If you have the old Mount&Blade (not Warband) , 1866 is a must.
Seconding, along with Solid & Shade.

As for WB, The Reckoning with the Bleak Outlook submod to fix some issues.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: May 11, 2015, 12:42:41 pm »

I dont know why doesn't this game work properly on my alienware 13. I outdo the minimal sysreqs.

Damn. I wanted to play some Phantasy Calradia :(

I have a nearly decade old desktop that runs Mount and Blade pretty well with an old Radeon x1800 256mb, 2.13 dual core processor, and 3 gb RAM... so it's not your hardware. Your specs should be murdering M&B compared to mine. So what do you mean by it not working properly? Will it not start, does it have shite FPS, does it CtD, graphical artifacts...? Without knowing your exact issues, I'd try following Sensei's advice, I'm in agreement with him.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: May 11, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »

Warsword Conquest if you want some warhammer-themed classic heroic fantasy
Gekokujo if you want some Sengoku era warfare in Japan
L'Aigle if you want some Napoleonic era warfare between European nations
Light&Darkness if you want a storyline mixed with the gameplay
Warsword Conquest and Lightt&Darkness seem interesting.

So does anyone know how SOD Warlords has been going on in the past few years? Did they finish it?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: May 11, 2015, 06:39:40 pm »

Sword of Damocles was the shit back on original Mount&Blade, having advanced features still not found in some of the modern mods and played smooth and bug free. SoD Warlords has some of the magic but until its "done" it hasn't reached its predecessor's level yet, IMO.

Also, its been stuck on 3.92 for awhile now. Supposedly it's being worked on still, except the main dev's PC broke and the project is stalled until he gets it fixed.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: June 23, 2015, 10:44:37 pm »

So I was planning on conquering Calradia for the first time ever tonight.  Never had the attention span to fully win the game before.  I only had to capture 4 more locations, and I've been tearing through sieges like wet paper.  Then suddenly like a dozen lords abandoned me in the span of a few days, taking all their fiefs with them.  Now I'm running around gathering up shit for a feast to try and boost some good-will and halt the treason cascade.  This is fucking annoying.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: June 23, 2015, 10:56:10 pm »

Heavy is the head that wears it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: July 11, 2015, 07:28:48 am »

Inspired by the 'games where you are the bad guy' thread, I'm tempted to start up a game playing at a truly evil bastard - pillaging villages, robbing caravans, selling peasants as slaves.  I suspect this may prove to be a difficult playstyle, but I've never tried to play as an evil character before (I've always either been the noble nobleman or the good-at-heart rebel), so could be a bit of a change.

It's probably going to be even more difficult because I'm playing with the Floris modpack, so everyone seems tougher and if everybody's going to hate me (likely) I can't even use the usual "befriend one faction and use them as my strategic meatshield" approach.

Also I'll need to pick my companions carefully, I guess.  I need to work out which ones don't mind being employed by an evil bastard.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: July 11, 2015, 07:43:28 am »

Inspired by the 'games where you are the bad guy' thread, I'm tempted to start up a game playing at a truly evil bastard - pillaging villages, robbing caravans, selling peasants as slaves.  I suspect this may prove to be a difficult playstyle, but I've never tried to play as an evil character before (I've always either been the noble nobleman or the good-at-heart rebel), so could be a bit of a change.

It's probably going to be even more difficult because I'm playing with the Floris modpack, so everyone seems tougher and if everybody's going to hate me (likely) I can't even use the usual "befriend one faction and use them as my strategic meatshield" approach.

Also I'll need to pick my companions carefully, I guess.  I need to work out which ones don't mind being employed by an evil bastard.
Eh. Do befriend one side. ESPECIALLY a king of one of the sides. And then, once he awards you one castle to many, take another one and betray him.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4283 on: July 11, 2015, 10:14:40 am »

Being the kind of evil you're talking about is kind of the status quo in M&B.

Join one side, wait till they go to war, then pillage and loot all the enemy villages, raid their caravans, sell anyone you capture, etc. Basically the same thing the AI lords do.

Now it will be difficult if you don't choose a faction and just attack everyone, as you won't be able to get into any towns.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4284 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:21 pm »

Hey guys, I made a meme.
Spoiler: Eat it Rhodoks (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: July 25, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »

Screw you, Rhodoks are the best. Well their territory is, their troops are absolute crap.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4286 on: July 25, 2015, 06:50:06 pm »

I HATE their territory, much more so than their troops.
The terrain makes cavalry absolutely useless, and I tend to run 100% cavalry if I'm not sieging.
Have to train some locals or hire mercenaries to fight in there, & it just aint worth it.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: July 25, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »

As this has been recently bumped, I'd like to ask about any mods I may have missed for Warband that have good focus on kingdom running; i.e it has diplomacy built in or something.
Mods I know have this kinda thing:

Sword of Damocles Warlords
Brytenwalda (I'm rocking the Repolished version with mods)
Floris Expanded Mod Pack
Nova Aetas
Prophesy of Pendor

I haven't gotten far enough in A Clash of Kings to get into running a kingdom, but I assume it's got some neat stuff for it.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: July 25, 2015, 10:09:05 pm »

1257 has diplomacy built in, and you can manage/expand your own estate. That one's probably my favourite, along with 16th century.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:15:51 pm by Glloyd »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: July 26, 2015, 04:29:21 am »

Oh, since this thread got a CPR - Viking Conquest, the latest DLC from the Brytenwalda team, after its rocky start, has just gotten a free update adding a fuckton of features two days ago.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 310