Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655090 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4260 on: April 25, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »

I think crossbows are fine as they are.  They do a lot of damage without any skill investment.  There should be different varieties that lean one way or the other towards power or speed.  But otherwise, they're the ranged option for a character that doesn't want to focus on building up ranged skill.  Also, I think the weapon skill (the one that builds up with use) effects reload speed?  That's the only thing the weapon skills do, I'm pretty sure, is allow you to swing/stab/shoot faster.
In case of ranged attacks, the skill decreases dispersion. I remember a certain mod for old M&B where at sufficiently high skill, the dispersion went negative and you had to aim between the inverted aiming indicators.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: April 25, 2015, 02:07:41 pm »

I think crossbows are fine as they are.  They do a lot of damage without any skill investment.  There should be different varieties that lean one way or the other towards power or speed.  But otherwise, they're the ranged option for a character that doesn't want to focus on building up ranged skill.  Also, I think the weapon skill (the one that builds up with use) effects reload speed?  That's the only thing the weapon skills do, I'm pretty sure, is allow you to swing/stab/shoot faster.
In case of ranged attacks, the skill decreases dispersion. I remember a certain mod for old M&B where at sufficiently high skill, the dispersion went negative and you had to aim between the inverted aiming indicators.

With the bow, at least, it definitely makes you shoot faster as well.  I've never used the crossbow enough to tell if it does the same there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:16 pm »

With the bow, at least, it definitely makes you shoot faster as well.  I've never used the crossbow enough to tell if it does the same there.
It might do so indirectly, by speeding up the time to reach a viable accuracy since the maximum starts lower, but that's a guess.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: April 26, 2015, 04:57:03 pm »

In more personal M&B news, I took on a force of 77 Varangian Guards lastnight.  Slightly better than a Huscarl, but without any ranged attack.  They ripped through my force like a wet paper bag, and I had to kill most of them myself by tediously circling on horseback and picking off stragglers.  It was scary, because they're actually faster than my horse when they sprint.  But it was worth the sacrifice, because I knew if that came at me in a siege, I wouldn't be able to stop it. 

I've never seen an army like that before, and I wonder if it's something unique to Silverstag.  Those 77 Varangian Guards were basically his entire troop.  He had like 20 each of hunters and militia with.  Usually NPC armies are more balanced.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:22 am »

Ugh.... that moment when you create your own kingdom, and then everyone goes to war with you at once.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: April 27, 2015, 03:50:58 am »

Need more right to rule!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: April 27, 2015, 06:59:33 am »

I get that feeling when fighting Swadians.  Feels like an endless stream of heavy cavalry...  It can happen actually, with the chaff getting reaped and the strong surviving/upgrading.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: April 27, 2015, 07:58:08 am »

It might do so indirectly, by speeding up the time to reach a viable accuracy since the maximum starts lower, but that's a guess.

Archery and crossbow skill increase animation speed so it has a direct influence on cadence. You can see that in the module system because the used animations(module_animations.py I think) have special tag for that iirc. Archery skill also increases damage like the melee skills do( dam(wpf)=raw_dam*(1+k*(wpf-100) ) with a k of 0.2 or so for archery(don't remember). Damage is fixed for crossbow though. Power draw also(apart from damage) increases the starting projectile velocity when using a bow.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:08:38 am by Moddan »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: April 30, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »

I dont know why doesn't this game work properly on my alienware 13. I outdo the minimal sysreqs.

Damn. I wanted to play some Phantasy Calradia :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: May 01, 2015, 06:31:42 am »

Can totally see why that pope tried to ban them, I'd be pissed too if my knights were getting killed by a bunch of casuals.
Filthy casuals, too. :P
Giving filthy casual peasants a new meaning?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: May 01, 2015, 07:32:24 am »

I dont know why doesn't this game work properly on my alienware 13. I outdo the minimal sysreqs.

Outdoing minimal requirements doesn't mean jack shit. I remember trying to run NWN1 on a computer which outdid the minimal reqs - no dice, had to wait for an upgrade to be able to run my Christmas present :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: May 01, 2015, 12:32:33 pm »

Murder your graphics and battle size. Just don't expect it to be as fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: May 11, 2015, 06:38:56 am »

Any good, large mods I can download? Besides Floris, Brytenwalda, and Penris or Polda or whatever it's called.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: May 11, 2015, 11:30:15 am »

Is it THIS Alienware 13? The one from October of last year? If so it's much more powerful than my older gaming laptop, which has no trouble running Mount & Blade on moderate settings and increased battle size. Maybe make sure your drivers are up to date, and you're using your gaming GPU and not your integrated one (right click the game executable, run with GPU).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: May 11, 2015, 11:38:19 am »

Any good, large mods I can download? Besides Floris, Brytenwalda, and Penris or Polda or whatever it's called.

Warsword Conquest if you want some warhammer-themed classic heroic fantasy
Gekokujo if you want some Sengoku era warfare in Japan
L'Aigle if you want some Napoleonic era warfare between European nations
Light&Darkness if you want a storyline mixed with the gameplay

Probably many more as i don't follow much the mod news for Warband nowadays.

If you have the old Mount&Blade (not Warband) , 1866 is a must.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 310