Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655793 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3570 on: July 20, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »

So I picked Mount and Blade, Warband, Fire and Sword, and Neopolitan Wars up on the Steam sale a few weeks back, and have already dropped 20 hours onto M&B: Warband, on a guess that it was the one that people here really liked. Was I right, or should I be playing on of the others?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: July 21, 2014, 12:18:25 am »

So I picked Mount and Blade, Warband, Fire and Sword, and Neopolitan Wars up on the Steam sale a few weeks back, and have already dropped 20 hours onto M&B: Warband, on a guess that it was the one that people here really liked. Was I right, or should I be playing on of the others?
Warband is the preferred one yes. Neopolitan is just a multiplayer gametype, and most people dislike fire and sword for a multitude of reasons.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 21, 2014, 12:20:26 am »

Warband is the best, yes.  It's the upgraded version of M&B, and more or less the base for most mods and stuff.  WFaS and Napoleonic Wars are both mods - WFaS is more or less panned, as I understand, and NW is multiplayer only.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 21, 2014, 01:17:54 am »

Thanks for the responses.

Napoleonic
Blame it on spell check and sleepiness.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 21, 2014, 01:55:46 am »

I did rather enjoy "With Fire and Sword", though I didn't get deep into ruling a faction. I had fun roaming around with a small band of gunmen hunting down bandits. The addition of grenades was what I found to be really fun, though I changed the base settings for them. On base settings you buy a pack of 3 grenades for about 1500 and they run out after throwing those three so I changed them to restock after a battle like arrows.

It does kind of lack in really new features, but the focus on muskets did make combat quite different.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:12 am »

What does With Fire and Sword do that a mod for Warband couldn't?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 21, 2014, 04:31:24 am »

Well, I think that's kind of it. I believe it started as a mod for Warband but was released as a proper game.

I think it's based off a series of books but not having read them I'll summarise as best as I can.

It's set around the 1700s. There isn't that much that I remember that's really different from base Warband. Cities and castles function the same, the maps not terribly interesting with lots of flat plains with occasional rivers.

So, it doesn't do anything that a good mod couldn't. I think it's more the setting that would be the main draw, as it's set during a period of conflict between Poland and I think Sweden and the Ottoman Empire.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 21, 2014, 10:23:42 pm »

I've played  bit of  Fire and Sword and really it wasn't much better than any of the mods for plan old Mount and Blade.
sure it had grenades but so did a few mods as well, ww2 in china is much better as afar as advancements go.

Try Brytenwalda for combat balance and add on to cities and castles it's one of the best.

Sword of Damocles  is one of the best mods for M&B a long with 1866 and ww2 in china, the first 2 have ports to warband so there no reson not to try them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: July 21, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

Wait, WW2 in China is a Mount and Blade mod?

...did they show what, you know, happened in WW2 China?  Cause that could be pretty damn dark mod...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 21, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »

Like most M&B mods, it's purely about the setting; there's little to no background. The darkest you'll run into is NPCs talking about their past.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 21, 2014, 11:15:17 pm »

I can imagine the tanks would handle like horses that handle like tanks.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: August 29, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

New glob pots.
Talk about factions. Apparently Bannerlord is set 200 years before Warband. Plus, not only are there the main big factions there are minor factions as well, plus 'clans' within factions. Hopefully these sorts of things adds some spice to singleplayer.

EDIT: Hopefully this also means there won't be Plate armor, I found that a bit silly in the originals.

EDIT 2: Not related to Bannerlord itself, but apparenly Warband is available on Linux and Mac... but I thought it was before. Anyways... now it is I suppose?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:06:08 pm by OzyTheSage »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: August 30, 2014, 05:30:15 am »

New glob pots.
Talk about factions. Apparently Bannerlord is set 200 years before Warband. Plus, not only are there the main big factions there are minor factions as well, plus 'clans' within factions. Hopefully these sorts of things adds some spice to singleplayer.

EDIT: Hopefully this also means there won't be Plate armor, I found that a bit silly in the originals.

EDIT 2: Not related to Bannerlord itself, but apparenly Warband is available on Linux and Mac... but I thought it was before. Anyways... now it is I suppose?

'Expanded NPC and Quest system' too. And god damn, does it look good.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: August 30, 2014, 06:28:02 am »

For those interested in Warsword Conquest, Birger Jarl has made a minimod fixing and balancing very nicely some broken part of the actual mod :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.msg7392672.html#msg7392672

he is still working on some stuff so probably his minimod will be updated at some point.

the order of install is :

- the mod itself
- the bugfix
- Birger Jarl minimod

ignore the "submod" contained in the 1st post of the Warsword Conquest thread, from my understanding it was made for a previous version and will break a lot in the current one.

Apparently the devs of the mod should come back in october to release a new version of the mod.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: August 30, 2014, 11:07:48 am »

For those interested in Warsword Conquest, Birger Jarl has made a minimod fixing and balancing very nicely some broken part of the actual mod :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.msg7392672.html#msg7392672

Great news!

ignore the "submod" contained in the 1st post of the Warsword Conquest thread, from my understanding it was made for a previous version and will break a lot in the current one.

I can confirm this to be true. Much breaking.

Apparently the devs of the mod should come back in october to release a new version of the mod.

Even greater news!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 310