Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655683 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3585 on: September 13, 2014, 11:42:15 pm »

*The thread shudders and moves*

Heya folks, I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have a chart or graph or something of troop upgrades?

2. Can the troops you recruit in villages ever be given horses? Or do you have to recruit mercenaries from the tavern to get cavalry?

I'm playing the original mount and blade if that matters.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: September 13, 2014, 11:46:10 pm »

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Troop_Trees
*Edit* These are for Warband but iirc they are still mostly correct for the original.

Once you promote your troops enough they might get horses, depending on the faction and what path you take them down.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:55:23 pm by Sindain »
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: September 14, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »

yeah, you cant "give" recruited troops anything, like you can with companions.  But when they level up and you upgrade them, they will automatically get all the gear (weapons, armor, sometimes horses) that come with their new type.

There was some mod (I only used it as part of Floris pack, so I'm not sure what the original mod was) that let you view the troop tree in game.  It was pretty handy, though a little buggy with the large extended troop trees in the mod pack.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:54 pm »

AFAIK, the village recruits are always the base soldier from that faction, and it upgrades into the entire faction tree depending which branch you pick, including infantry, cavalry and archers.

To get farmers or farmer-women you usually need to rescue them, and those develop into the mercenary branches I think.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:59 am »

Farmer women have their own completely linear path that is inferior until it reaches sword sisters and is sudden viable.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: September 15, 2014, 01:10:54 am »

I kept all I could just for sword sisters, they're good and a lot lower upkeep cost than similar units.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: September 15, 2014, 06:37:44 am »

Sword Sisters are amazing.

Its even better in Floris, because you get whole multi-layered troop trees for the womens, and can recruit them in taverns as mercenaries.
Its hilarious fun to play a girl and make an all-female army. Especially if you take up arms for that Suno chick against King Sexism.

The TRUE social justice warriors.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3592 on: September 15, 2014, 06:48:17 am »

dat deshavi tho.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:09 am »

I've seen sword sisters clear entire flanks alone and then die to a crossbow bolt to the head. Every single time.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: September 15, 2014, 08:45:36 am »

I've seen sword sisters clear entire flanks alone and then die to a crossbow bolt to the head. Every single time.

If only they actually bothered to wear helmets.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: September 15, 2014, 07:02:57 pm »

If they wore helmets how would you tell they were women? Amazon stronk.

Uristits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: September 16, 2014, 10:57:04 pm »

AFAIK, the village recruits are always the base soldier from that faction, and it upgrades into the entire faction tree depending which branch you pick, including infantry, cavalry and archers.

To get farmers or farmer-women you usually need to rescue them, and those develop into the mercenary branches I think.

higher relationships with villages upgrades the troups. I never played enough to get past the second tier but I'm sure you can.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »

Nah, just more troops. I've gotten up to 100 relations (I think it's the maximum) and never gone past tier 2, but I did get upwards of 15-20 troops in one batch.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: September 16, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 310