Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655817 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3525 on: July 05, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »

Brytenwalda has some nice naval boarding battles.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 05, 2014, 11:49:47 pm »

Also, there are kind of... channels in the water where you can ride your boat in some mods. As far as I can tell, you can't actually go free-roaming in the ocean, only on those specifics parts of the ocean to get from one part of the land to the other.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: July 06, 2014, 05:07:56 am »

Wasn't there a mod for Warband of the same name ?
I think i remember some people mentionning it

No, it was a mod, I think maybe paid mod, for M&B. WFaS is the result of porting the mod to the Warband(-ish?) engine.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:37 am »

Brytenwalda has some nice naval boarding battles.

Not really.

I mean, yeah, giving you actual control over a ship with the warband engine is an achievement, yeah.

But the ship controls like ass, and the only strategy is just "board the other dudes" so it all seems like a waste of time.

I mean, you can't burn their ship or sail or anything clever.

I suppose if you brought ONLY ranged units you could get within firing range and then kite them, but still, not really all that great.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 06, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

It isn't the best, but considering Warband doesn't even have naval battles, much less controlling a ship, the boarding is pretty fun. And I think the gritty boarding fits the tone of the mod anyways.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 06, 2014, 11:45:47 am »

You gotta see what Deluge did with naval battles. Because holy shit, Deluge naval battles.

Of course, unlike Brytenwalda, Deluge is multiplayer-only.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 07, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »

There's like, one naval map on the GK servers in multiplayer - Team Deathmatch ones, specifically, I believe.  It consists of a LOT of driving your boat slowly across empty space at either the enemy boat or the enemy island.  I wasn't too hype.  Respawns were on the boats, so it got kinda hectic and crazy, and whenever a boat was destroyed the death log exploded with drowning people, but it was hard to board the other dudes and like, not immediately die.

I know Warsword lets you ford rivers and shit - you have to cross a big one to get from Bretonnian territory to Chaos territory - but I think if you encounter an enemy on the water it turns into a regular battle on some grasslands or whatever.  So, yeah.  Unimplemented!  Can't say if that's still true when you buy a boat and encounter enemies on the open sea in specifically-a-boat, though I'm not entirely sure those are actually things.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 07, 2014, 01:08:14 pm »

I remember having some nice boat battles in the Light&Darkness SP campaign, in the battle map both ships (AI piloted) slowly get into firing range, then move into contact and your troops and theirs try to board each other and beat everyone down.

It was lots of fun. I really hope the chapter 2 of that great mod isn't too far anymore, i thought the chapter 2 had been abandonned, but in June this video of it popped up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toBcLxiRSwY

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 07, 2014, 02:16:36 pm »

I know Warsword lets you ford rivers and shit - you have to cross a big one to get from Bretonnian territory to Chaos territory - but I think if you encounter an enemy on the water it turns into a regular battle on some grasslands or whatever.  So, yeah.  Unimplemented!  Can't say if that's still true when you buy a boat and encounter enemies on the open sea in specifically-a-boat, though I'm not entirely sure those are actually things.

You can ford rivers, but I've never had a battle at a crossing so I am not sure what this does.

If you buy a boat and have a naval battle, you are indeed having an ocean battle on boats.  Your troops are on some boats, and enemy troops are on other boats, and there are some sinking boats around, and they're all jumbled up so you can run between them on planks and stuff.

The boats dont move during the battle, they're just scenery.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 07, 2014, 04:32:55 pm »

I wouldn't call it fording rivers as much as I would call it walking through rivers. There is a river with a part that is a different color that you can walk through. I don't think you even slow down.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 07, 2014, 06:47:28 pm »

Some mods have battle scenes with rivers. TLD for base M&B for example. If the battle starts near a river it will be a scene with a small river.

Mesoamerica mod did this too.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 10, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »

I think the game tries to make you poor. I captures a town, a very successful one. Then after the first month of big payments, the value of the town drops down to the LOWEST IN THE GAME. Ask the guildmaster how it's doing and he says that it is the poorest and least productive town. So, what do I do? Is there a reason for this massive instant complete drop in value, or is the game trying to screw with me. And how can I boost the town's value up?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: July 10, 2014, 08:19:57 pm »

I think it's probably the lowest because sieges kind of fuck the prosperity of towns, like raids do to villages.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:13 pm »

Villages and caravans are tied directly to the wealth of the city. If your villages are being looted or villagers/caravans not arriving to their destinations the city's wealth will rapidly decline. Don't let the city be sieged either since that will rapidly drop productivity.

To increase wealth protect those assets and do quests for both the cities are villages to get their economies into gear. Buildings also help (especially the mill) as does buying resources from the villages.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:40 pm »

Another idea: kill every single caravan that doesn't come from or lead to your town, and burn every village that isn't your own. If you make every one else even poorer than you, you won't be the poorest.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 310