Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656186 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3105 on: December 29, 2013, 03:46:12 am »

In Diplomacy you can trade fiefs...

But, no one ever wants to take your crumby starting fief for aforementioned reasons. You can, however, return it to your liege, wait for him to reassign it to another lord, and then ask for a fief of your choice when the discussion comes up.

Alternatively, can you guard the hell out of it for a few weeks, and do a few of the villager missions to pump up the prosperity, and then trade up for a better village further inside your faction that's been neglected by it's lord?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: December 29, 2013, 05:28:19 am »

I find that to be more costly, in the time and supplies spent playing defense when I could be forging alliances with friendly lords and raiding enemy villages without pause for mountains of loot. Since villages aren't that lucrative and offer little aside from conscripts, I tend to leave them alone and focus on taking a castle or town.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 29, 2013, 08:44:40 am »

Yeah, I have better things to do than guard villages. Like kicking Swadian ass.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: December 29, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »

bah. an enemy army has targeted my village, and there is no way to drive it away. they are faster than me, because it is a small army of horsemen, so I can't kill them. I chased them from middle swadia to the kingdom of nords, but the moment I turn my back on them, they are already on my village. From their dedition, you would think the roads of my village were paved in gold.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: December 29, 2013, 05:39:15 pm »

Yeah, I have better things to do than guard villages. Like kicking Swadian ass.

Swadian ass is a pretty easy target, considering their tendency to feast all the damn time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: December 29, 2013, 05:44:35 pm »

I don't know. in my game, swadia is conquering khagit khanate. all of it. feasts don't seem to hold them.

however, I guess I am playing a part in that conquest, mainly saving the marshal from capture.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

The swadies are also really cute when they try to defend sieges. They still have those hordes of detestable punks in pajamas with crossbows, but without their ponies, a moving wall of huscarl churns them like butter.

Exterminating the Rhodoks on the other hand... bleh. Some of those castles are ridiculous.

I just wish I could use a horse during a siege. Up the ladder, bessy!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: December 29, 2013, 07:10:18 pm »

Bessy is a prime target for stray arrows.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: December 29, 2013, 07:17:36 pm »

Bessy is a prime target for stray arrows.
I don't think a battle goes on that i don't look down and see my poor horse has at least one javelin/arrow/bolt in it's head.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: December 29, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »

I am wondering... is the AI scripted to target your holdings before anything else? because it really seems like they do. on the other hand, it may just be because I hadn't finished filling the garrison yet.

( said fief was behind 2 towns and a few castles)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:11 pm »

They go for the weakest targets.

Also, when you first declare yourself a king, everyone will go for you exclusively until you can negotiate some peace efforts.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 29, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »

And "weakest" in this case refers exclusively to numbers. The AI doesn't care whether you have knights or peasants as your garrison, simply having many will keep enemies away.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:52 pm »

Does increasing your "Right to rule" by sending off your companions decrease the chance of other factions going to war with you?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: December 29, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »

Nah, it just makes making lords defect easier.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »

It's still generally recommended to raise your RtR before declaring independence since I believe it makes negotiations/peace easier. Think of it of the difference of some bandit leader drawing up a flag and going "I have a kingdom!" and a respected and powerful noble setting out on his own.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 310