Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656231 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3090 on: December 28, 2013, 08:20:43 am »

Cities seem to change hands less in Pendor, in my experience, though maraudering armies might have changed the dynamic.

To the person who was referred to Prophesy of Pendor: make sure you understand the basics of the game first, and have won your share of vanilla battles. Be warned, Pendor has a steep difficulty gradient, and it starts with the very first encounter.

On the contray from what i saw playing the game the map got TOTALLY dominated by the nord wannabees in my game while i was a vassal of the empire (that fell last).

Anyway pendor is all sorts of broken and the only way to play it is to train yourself in bows... and bows are the only weapon you are allowed to use because late game beasties are just... well monstrous.
That nice gemmed rune 2h sword i used to cleave through elite faction soldiers with one swing?
Have fun because most enemies from the undead hordes will take your sword hits as if it was an adamantine maul while oneshoting you and doing the same to even the most elite of units on your side.
I got annoyed and turned off half damage just to nitice... that i still get nearly oneshot (one hit left me with a silver of health and i was building my character for 2h melee with high health).

Its pretty much a case where autocombat screws you over less than actual combat.

Basically by the time those guys start to pop up in large numbers you are supposed to use a runic bow and have a swarm of elves in your retinue to hopefully snipe off most of them before they get to your lines and even then expect infantry casaulties at around 50% if not more.

Hell the mod even gives you a Runic bow FOR FREE when fun stuff starts to spawn.
That's how broken it is.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 28, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

Well,  I became a vassal of the Nords. I got a recently conquered village from King Ragnar. It's been looted EVERY SINGLE TIME the week ends. Haven't even visited yet because it's constantly looted. It's at the corner of our empire, between the Swadians and Vaegirs. We luckily made peace with the Vaegirs (after conquering a part of them), but goddammit Ragnar.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 28, 2013, 02:48:22 pm »

You always get the shittiest village when you vassalize. Like, coded-in-the-game always.

That tends to be the most looted one for obvious reasons. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 28, 2013, 03:12:03 pm »

well, consider this. why would they give a good fief to a random mercenary? you must earn the good ones.

Luckily, the one I was assigned is not close to the frontline. not after the latest military campaign, at least. still within range of those annoying pseudo-mongols raiders. but after the war ends, it should get me some money.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 28, 2013, 04:30:24 pm »

The real pain in the ass comes when you've got a bunch of cities and want to offload your lame fiefs for, erm, tax reasons. Then you're stuck either settling for 20-30k a week (full lordly plate isn't going to buy itself), or rebelling. Granted, if you have 5+ cities, rebellion is going to be pretty smooth, but I for one like it when King Ragnar whispers his sweet nothings into my ear at 80+ relation.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 28, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

I'm been trying to play a game where-in I build up to level 20, get a bunch of Norse infantry and good bowmen, and then take a castle, never playing as a vassal.

I've been trying it in Pendor, but I prefer the base-game setting. Anyone have a good expansion? Like is Native+ a good one? Or Native Expansion if that's what it is called. Or a version of Diplomacy that plays nice and/or incorperates the newest patches.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3096 on: December 28, 2013, 05:55:07 pm »

You might have trouble if you don't get something like 'recruiters'. You'll be spending most of your time maintaining garrisons otherwise.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 28, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »

I'm been trying to play a game where-in I build up to level 20, get a bunch of Norse infantry and good bowmen, and then take a castle, never playing as a vassal.

I've been trying it in Pendor, but I prefer the base-game setting. Anyone have a good expansion? Like is Native+ a good one? Or Native Expansion if that's what it is called. Or a version of Diplomacy that plays nice and/or incorperates the newest patches.
If you haven't played Floris yet, try that. If not, there aren't many others that just expand on the base game.

Floris has several versions. One is a basic one that just includes things like Diplomacy and other essentials. Then you have expanded which has tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of stuff.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 28, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »

If I remember correctly, Floris is the premier native+ mod.  That may have changed within the last year, but Floris is still good.

I recommend the Reworked troop trees... or the native one.  If you want a complicated mess of troop types that go up to even higher levels/difficulty, the expanded tree is for you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 28, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »

I tried looking for Floris, but I couldn't understand what the most recent (as in most compatible with 1.158) version was.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 28, 2013, 08:15:36 pm »

I tried out The Wedding Dance for M&B. On one hand, a fuckton of new features (chariots! actual decent kingdom management before Warband! controllable catapults!) and marriage system better than Warband's.

On the other, fighting an army of Barbarians, seeing a mob of armed guys charging you completely naked, their, uh, 'spears' flopping merrily in the wind. Or BDSM Inquisition. So yeah.

Well, I changed the gender of the Barbarians and their armor (default is male armor), so I'm all good!

As for the marriage system being better, I'd label it as "different".  While it is nice to get an extra companion, having someone join your rebellions ala Warband is also nice (either spouse or relative of spouse, depending on gender of player).  Now, if the relatives of spouses actually cared one way or the other about you in Wedding Dance, then it would be nice.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 28, 2013, 09:05:07 pm »

I tried out The Wedding Dance for M&B. On one hand, a fuckton of new features (chariots! actual decent kingdom management before Warband! controllable catapults!) and marriage system better than Warband's.

On the other, fighting an army of Barbarians, seeing a mob of armed guys charging you completely naked, their, uh, 'spears' flopping merrily in the wind. Or BDSM Inquisition. So yeah.

Well, I changed the gender of the Barbarians and their armor (default is male armor), so I'm all good!

As for the marriage system being better, I'd label it as "different".  While it is nice to get an extra companion, having someone join your rebellions ala Warband is also nice (either spouse or relative of spouse, depending on gender of player).  Now, if the relatives of spouses actually cared one way or the other about you in Wedding Dance, then it would be nice.

You gotta remember, they are nobles... and you are only family by marriage.  Not family.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:40 pm »

I tried looking for Floris, but I couldn't understand what the most recent (as in most compatible with 1.158) version was.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3489/?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 28, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »

Well,  I became a vassal of the Nords. I got a recently conquered village from King Ragnar. It's been looted EVERY SINGLE TIME the week ends. Haven't even visited yet because it's constantly looted. It's at the corner of our empire, between the Swadians and Vaegirs. We luckily made peace with the Vaegirs (after conquering a part of them), but goddammit Ragnar.

In Diplomacy you can trade fiefs...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 29, 2013, 03:41:32 am »

In Diplomacy you can trade fiefs...

But, no one ever wants to take your crumby starting fief for aforementioned reasons. You can, however, return it to your liege, wait for him to reassign it to another lord, and then ask for a fief of your choice when the discussion comes up.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 310