Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657029 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2130 on: January 25, 2012, 07:24:20 am »

As long as it's just as moddable I'll be happy.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:18 am »

<notbitter>It's not like they'll finish the game FOR us.</notbitter>
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 25, 2012, 08:44:02 am »

Comparing version 0.600 of M&B to the current warband release, you wouldn't know it was the same game if it wasn't for the inventory screens and dialogue screens and the controls.
Magma is overrated.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:58 am »

I know right, they took out the zombies and the Dark Kerghits. What where they thinking :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »

I gotta say, after the fire and sword fiasco (actually preordered it, FACEPALM), there is no way ill even be considering paying a cent for this until a few weeks after it comes out.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 25, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

I hope to see some sea battles and less crappy siege battles.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:54 pm »

Would love to see a Mount&Blade , even with the current features/factions/system using some streaming engine allowing to explore seamlessly the whole world + cities/villages  + castles + battles + sieges + army moving etc... without having to leave the 1st/3rd person view a single second if you want to stick to such view.

Maybe for Mount&Blade 42 released in 2184.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:26:25 pm by Robsoie »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 25, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

Game said that sieges would be almost impossible without doing stuff like poisoning the well. But they are easier then ever. There is no mass of men blocking the ladders (note multiple ways to get onto wall instead of one way) with shields. And there are even ones where the entire enemy army starts outside the castle, huddled together, waiting for grenades.

How do you even poison wells int he first place?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 25, 2012, 01:54:22 pm »

Wow. Plundering villages in WFaS makes the game either 100% easier or 100% funner1.. I've plundered two villages, and I've already gotten some grenades, a fairly good set of armour, and tons of money. The only problem with plundering is when you encounter a really wealthy village, in which case it's you and two other guys against more enemies than you can shake a stick at. Plus I'll probably end up with some of the villages that I plundered when I eventually join Russia. But still, it's a lot better playstyle than what I was trying before.

1. 100% easier if you were trying to act as a mercenary. Except for some pesky musket militia, you're just facing hordes of terrible infantry, so you don't have to worry too much about getting one-shotted. 100% funner if you were playing as a trader, because you get your money much quicker and you get to fight a lot more.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 25, 2012, 06:10:54 pm »

Would love to see a Mount&Blade , even with the current features/factions/system using some streaming engine allowing to explore seamlessly the whole world + cities/villages  + castles + battles + sieges + army moving etc... without having to leave the 1st/3rd person view a single second if you want to stick to such view.

Maybe for Mount&Blade 42 released in 2184.
Kenshi?

I do hate the random maps. The travel map should just be a zoomed out map, and in combat it zooms in and cordons off an area you fight in. That way attacking from a certain angle means something, or attacking an army downhill is actually reflected.

Roads that increase travel speed would be nice too.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:58 pm »

Wow. Plundering villages in WFaS makes the game either 100% easier or 100% funner1.. I've plundered two villages, and I've already gotten some grenades, a fairly good set of armour, and tons of money. The only problem with plundering is when you encounter a really wealthy village, in which case it's you and two other guys against more enemies than you can shake a stick at. Plus I'll probably end up with some of the villages that I plundered when I eventually join Russia. But still, it's a lot better playstyle than what I was trying before.

1. 100% easier if you were trying to act as a mercenary. Except for some pesky musket militia, you're just facing hordes of terrible infantry, so you don't have to worry too much about getting one-shotted. 100% funner if you were playing as a trader, because you get your money much quicker and you get to fight a lot more.

I avoid plundering cause it feels like hacks. You can probably get more money from plundering then doing ANYTHING else. Even spawn camping their king for ransom.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 25, 2012, 09:30:12 pm »

I avoid plundering cause it feels like hacks. You can probably get more money from plundering then doing ANYTHING else.
I tend to play Prophecy of Pendor for WB, where they try to discourage this sort of malarky by having ultra-elite troops in the form of orders of knighthood that require a base honor level to recruit and get significantly cheaper with even higher scores. So far it's working on me.

Does base M&B or WB actually have any disincentive for raiding outside of the disposition penalties with the town? I only did it once or twice while playing vanilla and don't remember any significant consequences for those actions.

EDIT: And thinking about the game's mechanics reminded me of another gripe: friendly units block the PC's, and only the PC's, melee attacks. Having five men chase me who are all able to swing through one another is a nuisance, especially when an "allied" farmhurr runs in and blocks my strike. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if it was consistent, instead of an obvious crutch for an AI that likes to swarm. They should either give in and let me swing through allies or prevent all attacking through allies and bring the AI to a point where it can deal with that reliably. I just want to be able to insert myself into an infantry line and get some proper infantry melee in without having to rely on easily blocked vertical chops. Spending the early game sitting out battles or doing suicidal solo charges just isn't much fun.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:39:47 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:16 pm »

Hopefully in M&B2.

Hopefully we'll see better unit cohesion, and target acquisition. Right now they just kinda swarm up after they break formation if they were in a formation to begin with. They will also walk right past/ignore people to their sides just to get to that one guy.

Would be cool if your companion sees your horse get knocked over, then he rides in to the rescue and you hop up behind him as he rides past, bringing you to safety. Unlikely, but neat.

I'm going to have to check out that PoP mod sometime...

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 25, 2012, 09:55:00 pm »

I avoid plundering cause it feels like hacks. You can probably get more money from plundering then doing ANYTHING else.
I tend to play Prophecy of Pendor for WB, where they try to discourage this sort of malarky by having ultra-elite troops in the form of orders of knighthood that require a base honor level to recruit and get significantly cheaper with even higher scores. So far it's working on me.

Does base M&B or WB actually have any disincentive for raiding outside of the disposition penalties with the town? I only did it once or twice while playing vanilla and don't remember any significant consequences for those actions.

EDIT: And thinking about the game's mechanics reminded me of another gripe: friendly units block the PC's, and only the PC's, melee attacks. Having five men chase me who are all able to swing through one another is a nuisance, especially when an "allied" farmhurr runs in and blocks my strike. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if it was consistent, instead of an obvious crutch for an AI that likes to swarm. They should either give in and let me swing through allies or prevent all attacking through allies and bring the AI to a point where it can deal with that reliably. I just want to be able to insert myself into an infantry line and get some proper infantry melee in without having to rely on easily blocked vertical chops. Spending the early game sitting out battles or doing suicidal solo charges just isn't much fun.
How do you recruit these ultra elite troops or knights, on the other hand how do you recruit noble units in general? I want some because they usually roflstomp my army. (I also have pendor)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:14 am »

If I'm not mistaken, you need control over a town / fort where they have a guild hall. Then you can convert your knights there.

So it's a pretty late game goal.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 310