Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657034 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2160 on: January 26, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

Hmm. I know that beforehand you have to whack the prison guard with your staff, but you should get your stuff back after talking to the prisoner.
Ah, well I never got that far. They always put up their shield and wait for their friends.
Talk to him with your staff drawn and kill him before he manages to unsheathe his weapon.

Then grab his weapon and shield as quick as possible, makes things ALOT easier.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: January 26, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »

Hmm. I know that beforehand you have to whack the prison guard with your staff, but you should get your stuff back after talking to the prisoner.
Ah, well I never got that far. They always put up their shield and wait for their friends.
Talk to him with your staff drawn and kill him before he manages to unsheathe his weapon.
Or run in to talk to the prisoner, so that you can get your equipment back.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 26, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »

Or run in to talk to the prisoner, so that you can get your equipment back.
Yeah. Forget about the other guys running towards you. If you kill them they will appear again anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »

So i have a guy (based on NRDLs guy) Gregor who fights for the nords, well armed and armoured. HE took his men to help a castle under siege. 200 swadwads vs 40ish nords. The nords held, My great sword must have gotten 10 kills. And I was the last nord standing. I mean we killed 107 wounded 4 lost about 25 of our guys, the rest wounded, really, I mean comeon the Nords are beast, but THAT beast?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 26, 2012, 07:41:01 pm »

So i have a guy (based on NRDLs guy) Gregor who fights for the nords, well armed and armoured. HE took his men to help a castle under siege. 200 swadwads vs 40ish nords. The nords held, My great sword must have gotten 10 kills. And I was the last nord standing. I mean we killed 107 wounded 4 lost about 25 of our guys, the rest wounded, really, I mean comeon the Nords are beast, but THAT beast?
Yeah, they THAT beast.

EDIT: Plus Swadians are really all about their knights. If you had fought an open battle with those odds they probably would have whipped you from here to next Tuesday.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:42:32 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:33 pm »

Yeah, they THAT beast.

EDIT: Plus Swadians are really all about their knights. If you had fought an open battle with those odds they probably would have whipped you from here to next Tuesday.
Still they took the walls once, twice, because they were damn hard to kill, heavy armor and all.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »

So, what specialties do the different factions in WFaS have? I heard that the Swedish troops are the best ones. Does this include the mercenary camp and village recruits, or just the guys you can get after you have a town?

Are fully upgraded mercs from the camps the strongest?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: January 26, 2012, 11:31:50 pm »

From my own gameplay it seems the Swedes have the best equiptment but are expensive and have some of the lowest skill points, have good two-handed swordsmen/pikemen. The Cossacks have the highest skill levels for their riflemen and have decent firearms (not much armour though). The Polish are all about their Hussars which can flatten armies, Dragoons/Zoniers are alright as well. The Russians are more of a well rounded faction which are also fairly cheap, decent Reiters. The Tartars are focused on archery, mainly horse archers and foot archers which can be interesting, have some decent rare riflemen but go down easy to having almost no armour.

I had the most fun in WFaS playing the Cossack storyline as a sterotypical Cossack Rifleman. Having an army consisting of mainly riflemen and having them stand in ranks and shooting in volley just at the prefect time to stop a charge is pretty fun (would be nice to have one of those "improved moral" systems from some of the more popular Warband mods though). Have to watch out for the Poles with that tactic though since they have the tendecy to just ride straight over your linesmen, having some pikemen can help but once those Hussars charge it can be a bitch to stop them.
Playing as a Tartar horse archer is also very fun, shame the Swedes and Tartars lack a storyline quest.

As for the upgraded mercs from camps I'm unsure if they're stronger than unique faction units. It's true you can really outfit the mercs with some great gear but they have fairly low skill point levels and can be very expensive to hire/upgrade. It can be rather hard to get the faction units though so the main part of your army will be mercs and some village cannon fodder. Easiest to just recruit as much prisoners from bandits/lords as possible since you'll be losing a lot of men from rifle fire/fucking Hussars.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:44:01 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: February 05, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »

Well, I've decided to stop playing WFaS. Grinding up relations with the various Polish lords so that I can advance the Cossack campaign does not appeal to me. So instead I've gone to Warband, where I'm going to grind relations with the various Khergit Noyans. :P

Of course I'm not grinding relations to become a Khergit Noyan myself. Oh no. Instead, I shall overthrow Sanjar Khan, so that all the world shall know the true terror, fear and destruction that comes in the wake of GINGRICH KHAN!

Now if you excuse me, I've got a page covered with Newt Gingrich's face to burn.

EDIT: Damn. I really miss the talk to village elder button from WFaS. Not having to spend five minutes in a village searching for the elder makes the game a whole lot more fun.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:59:31 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: February 05, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

Get yourself a good vanilla mod. A lot of them include a "talk to elder" button as well as a few other useful ones in other places. I personally like Native Expansion, but there are several out there which add to the gameplay without significantly changing it like Native Expansion does. (Completely redoes the troop trees, among other things.)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: February 05, 2012, 06:11:20 pm »

I'm training an army of a hundred mamlukes.

I'm basically unbeatable in open battle.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: February 05, 2012, 09:54:54 pm »

I'm training an army of a hundred mamlukes.

I'm basically unbeatable in open battle.

100 Hurscarls?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: February 05, 2012, 10:12:26 pm »

100 Swadian Knights with a leader with a better leadership skill?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:46 pm »

A question: how do I take screenshots using Steam?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: February 05, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »

F12 does.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 310