Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656661 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1515 on: May 29, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »

I always put my recruits at the top of the list. They have to earn the privilege of the safer ranks the hard way.

That's not such a bad idea, actually, since it protects your expensive troops from damage, and once they inevitably end up reinforcing you, they will sweep over the already-damaged enemy with relative ease. The battle-blob the farmers build has won victories for me in my villages countless times

The only time it isn't such a good idea is when attacking a castle or city. The elite troops (especially the Lords) make intense shock troops. When defending a castle, I have found that the enemy Lords make or break the battle. If I can hold off the first wave, I can probably salvage a victory relatively easily, because the next several batches of enemies will be rank 3 or lower. But the Lords have so much health, and their hits are so strong, that if they break my line, they have won.

Conversely, sending your Swadian Peasants up the ladder first is a great way to have Jeremus call you out on causing a bloodbath.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 29, 2011, 03:44:03 pm »

I'm honestly considering telling Jeremus to go fuck himself. He doesn't like artimenner, and he's constantly appalled by my choice in companions.

Its like... I have 80 soldiers with me. TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 29, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »

Sounds like you need this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neighbors on the circles hate each other. Blue lines are friendships.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 29, 2011, 03:51:26 pm »

But wait, does that mean Lezalit and Artimenner both like and hate each other? Same with Deshavi and Klethi?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 29, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

Neighbors. As in, the one on each side. Lezalit hates Ymira and Bunduk, and has a mancrush on Artimenner.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 29, 2011, 03:58:36 pm »

I see. Borcha better watch himself, since those girls will certainly not hesitate to plant a knife in his back in the middle of the night.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:36 pm »

I have found that the enemy Lords make or break the battle. If I can hold off the first wave, I can probably salvage a victory relatively easily, because the next several batches of enemies will be rank 3 or lower. But the Lords have so much health, and their hits are so strong, that if they break my line, they have won.

That's my experience as well. I vividly remember this one battle when I was assaulting a town that had three lords armed with two handed swords defending it. I watched in utter disbelief as these three guys carved up dozens of my knights who had up until that point steamrolled over everything and everyone. Eventually they were overwhelmed, but boy did it cost me.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 29, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »

Sounds like you need this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neighbors on the circles hate each other. Blue lines are friendships.

Oh, see, i've seen that before but I had no idea how to use it :P thanks.

I still kinda stand by the point of "fucking deal with it, you whiny bitch". I mean, artimenners complaint was actually valid about him, he thought Jeremus was doing it wrong because he practices a different type of medicine than he's used to. Jeremus shouldn't care, he's used to people going "wtf".
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:47 pm »

Well I ended up with negative denars, and then was caught by some bandits. They asked me to pay 40 million denars or fight, I chose to fight and lost.
Then I was a monk with -40 million denars.
Now, I am a monk with -1.2 billion denars. I just worry about what all these bandits with millions of denars will do.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 29, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »

Keep going, you might eventually overflow it and get 2 billion in the black!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 30, 2011, 12:42:15 am »

Keep going, you might eventually overflow it and get 2 billion in the black!
I could keep going, but I already have infinite cash and it kills the fun of the game with no way to get rid of it. Damn you lazy devs!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 30, 2011, 12:58:30 am »

Well I ended up with negative denars, and then was caught by some bandits. They asked me to pay 40 million denars or fight, I chose to fight and lost.
Now, I am a monk with -1.2 billion denars. I just worry about what all these bandits with millions of denars will do.
They made 1.2 billion denars of fake money, spent it in the cities and then blamed you, so you have to pay it back.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 30, 2011, 04:18:32 am »

I have found that the enemy Lords make or break the battle. If I can hold off the first wave, I can probably salvage a victory relatively easily, because the next several batches of enemies will be rank 3 or lower. But the Lords have so much health, and their hits are so strong, that if they break my line, they have won.

That's my experience as well. I vividly remember this one battle when I was assaulting a town that had three lords armed with two handed swords defending it. I watched in utter disbelief as these three guys carved up dozens of my knights who had up until that point steamrolled over everything and everyone. Eventually they were overwhelmed, but boy did it cost me.

Well of course, they want the lord to be strong enough that it's like your fighting 3 of yourself, got to make up for the lack of tactics and technique somehow.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:18 pm »

I'm sure the poverty mind and soul-crushing debt will lead to some great revelation. At least you'll be humble, and you'll set up Ireland's history of debt.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 30, 2011, 09:28:40 pm »

Export your character, change your money back via text edit, then import your character.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 310