Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655883 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #885 on: November 20, 2010, 03:16:34 pm »

Yes, as i played with horse only up to my current infantry character, i understood that being on a horse gives a big advantage to the player, on horse i found it after some training to be very easy to tear through enemy troops nearly alone (and when you lead a cavalry charge, the enemy lines can be down in seconds, even when they're made of Rhodok Sergeants).

But when you're leading infantry while being on foot yourself, suddenly surviving a large scale battle really feels like some huge achievement, as it should, while on horse it feels like just another day ;)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 20, 2010, 03:36:11 pm »

The mobility in itself is the #1 advantage to having a horse.  Even on the slowest horses, it beats being on foot.
Command, fight, scout and run away...

Add in the ability to run people over...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 20, 2010, 03:58:23 pm »

Blood and Steel is fun when you get to more endgame items like the Female Plate armor. Even if it does have stupid colors. Especially when your companions have huge healing skills so you regain health faster than you lose it. Hell, I don't even raise my shield while attacking during a siege.
My only problem is that the Vaegirs don't use upgraded infantry, so it ends up as 'Swadian Royal Knight (expert) is killed by Vaegir Legionnaire (recruit)' more times than I would like.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 20, 2010, 04:54:23 pm »

only 14 archers? Why not just grab a pole arm or long sword and run straight into them?

Works for me.

I"m not sure about you, but every time I get hit by an arrow, my attack is interrupted, so with that many arrows flying at me, I'd be lucky to get one attack off before losing half my health.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 20, 2010, 05:23:33 pm »

The mobility in itself is the #1 advantage to having a horse.  Even on the slowest horses, it beats being on foot.
Command, fight, scout and run away...

Add in the ability to run people over...

Horses will, unless you're really good with spears and don't get swamped or are fielding a shitton of Huscarls, always carry the day in every battle. There is no reason not to use one except to challenge yourself.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 20, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »

However, on a horse, if you get surrounded, your pretty much dead. Also, I'm doing an no riding a horse challenge. Cavalry are okay, I just can't use it unless I find it in battle, in which I earned it.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 20, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »

However, on a horse, if you get surrounded, your pretty much dead. Also, I'm doing an no riding a horse challenge. Cavalry are okay, I just can't use it unless I find it in battle, in which I earned it.

If you get surrounded on a horse, often it's your own fault and if it's bad enough to kill you there, it's bad enough to kill you if you were on foot too. And you're more likely to end up in that situation on foot.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 20, 2010, 05:35:07 pm »

Yeah, anything that happens on horseback that leaves you dead would have killed you a lot faster if you were on foot and is much easier to avoid.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 20, 2010, 07:02:40 pm »

You babbies clearly don't know what Pikes are.

:3c

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 20, 2010, 07:10:55 pm »

I did mention that
Horses will, unless you're really good with spears and don't get swamped or are fielding a shitton of Huscarls, always carry the day in every battle. There is no reason not to use one except to challenge yourself.

Pikes will always be spears to me, but even so, pikes is what I meant.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 20, 2010, 07:11:13 pm »

Easily avoided?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 20, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

I just downloaded this. Will play it when I get time, factorys look fun.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 20, 2010, 07:19:49 pm »

Easily avoided?
My swedish flying pikeman says otherwise.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 20, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »

Seriously, be a cavalry javilineer. You will murder everything that has ever lived.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 21, 2010, 01:06:52 am »

Seriously, be a cavalry javilineer. You will murder everything that has ever lived.

It's annoying to go back to your baggage every minute, and there is no baggage in sieges.

EDIT: Unless there's a bag of 15 javelins I'm not aware of.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:09:01 am by OzyTheSage »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 310