Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655874 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #915 on: December 02, 2010, 02:41:17 pm »

Is it just me or has melee from horseback gotten really weird and hard to handle?  It used to be if I wanted to change the way I was swinging, I'd right-click and move the mouse, so when he put his shield away he'd switch to the new swing.  Now he does it on his own, usually right before I'm about to kill some fool.

Also, I haet vanilla arena, especially coming out of playing 1257 AD which fixes it.  Tournaments are basically a primitive, violent form of gambling where you bet your time and money on whether or not you'll get a decent weapon and be able to survive.

This isn't a complaint per se, I actually think it's funny:  Practice in Calradia is really damn dangerous.  The practice swords are basically just edged wooden swords, still really sharp; practice lances have big metal forks on the end, and the idea of a practice arrow is ridiculous.  It doesn't matter if you remove the head, you're still firing wooden dowels at shirtless people from a bow.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 02, 2010, 02:46:28 pm »

I don't have that horseback problem.

The "switching' you're refering to is probably the two separate swings. There's usually on that's more level for fighting guys on horseback and one for hiittng guys on foot. it's a bit awkward.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 02, 2010, 03:10:59 pm »

I've had the switching problem too, I don't believe it was in the original, but I've gotten used to just dealing with it, sometimes I just miss, nothing to be done except turn around and make another pass. You do get a feel for where exactly your camera needs to be pointing though.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:16 pm »

Er, actually you can just tweak your settings. There's something along the lines of "Swing Direction" that is directly related to what you're talking about.
Personally I loved the addition of it, once you learn to control it alleviates the old issue of attempting to swing in the wrong direction. It's basically mouse to the right=right swing, mouse up=vertical swing, etc.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 02, 2010, 09:49:13 pm »

Hey, I just got this game (Warband to be specific) a little while ago, only problem is this...

Image is 1440x900
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got windows vista, and I've tried running in administrator mode, and XP compatibility, I've upadted all my stuff, but it's still like this.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 02, 2010, 09:50:32 pm »

Gah! You're in Mount and Blade: Surrealism!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 02, 2010, 10:05:16 pm »

I fought some Vaegir deserters, and lost my entire party.  Bunduk and Ymira and all my bros ran off, and then I was alone.  I went out and fought some looters and the like, made some money, but I wanted more.  I started stealing from peasants and stuff, hating what I'd become.  I tried to do a tournament in Jelkala but the bastards gave me a crossbow and a cheapass dagger against cavalry.  I lost a fight against Rhodok peasants because I got out of my horse because I was arrogant.

All I have left is hate.  When I'm reestablished I will look and burn every single Rhodok village, take over their country, and then do the same to the rest of Calradia.  I just need some evil party members to join me.
Shoes...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 02, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »

Amazing how fast things can go from 'doing awesome' to 'constantly beaten to a pulp and captured' in that game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:50 pm »

I just need some evil party members to join me.

I don't think there are many (any?) outright evil party members. A lot of the royals are that way though. There are a couple that just treat pillage and rape as a part of life though and don't think anything bad of it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 02, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »

Klethi, maybe, based on some of the complaints other people have about her. And Rolf is pretty much just a bandit. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Come play Mafia with us!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 02, 2010, 10:33:33 pm »

I just collected 3000 gold in taxes for a Sarranid noble I met, and I have no intention of giving him the gold.

I am an honorless cur and I like it that way.
Shoes...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 02, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »

Hey, I just got this game (Warband to be specific) a little while ago, only problem is this...

Image is 1440x900
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got windows vista, and I've tried running in administrator mode, and XP compatibility, I've upadted all my stuff, but it's still like this.
Do a Let's Play with that, it's awesome. On a serious note, ask on the taleworlds forum, I have no clue how to fix it.
Has anyone figured out how to kill captured Lords in Brytenwalda? It's kind of disappointing that I can't figure it out, I'm guessing my honor rating was too high (over 100).

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 02, 2010, 11:20:49 pm »

been playing Brytenwalda for past few hours. It is an amazing mod, reminds me of europa barbarium for RTW. Similar subject matter, similar crash rate (done me 3 times so far) and similar effect on my interest in the original game. Brytenwalda is much harder than vanilla. I charched about 17 deserter archers with 25+ men, mostly skirmishers, spearmen, and a few axemen. Big mistake, good archers do close to realisitc damage. We had to run through four volleys to reach them, i lost about 4-5men on each volley. When the last 6ish of us them we got mobbed.

Much less cavary much more sheild wall. A sheild is possibly your most important bit of kit. The game might change when your richer and have lands, income etc, but at the bandit fighting level its very hit and miss. Ive lost quite a few battles and been taken prisoner. Managed to get what looks like one of the best armours in the game in loot tho, But i cant use it yet because my strengths not high enough.

as for the discussion of vanilla companions the evil ones are (i think); Rolf, Borcha, Basirher (cant remember how to spell his damn name,) and that nord chick whose name also escapes me. Neutral ones are; Nizar, Artimmer, and Lezit. All these guys get along well, so i recommend recruiting all of them. Marid can also be ok, he gets along with most of them, but the other good guys will be at odds with them, and also you if you commit murder or rob caravans.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 03, 2010, 01:10:05 am »

You can commit murder?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 03, 2010, 01:17:34 am »

If you're interested in companion interaction, check out this wiki page, or more precisely, the image on that page. It provides a comprehensive list of "who hates who", perfect for the commander who wants the maximum of 8 immortal allies.

(Or, run TweakMB and eliminate companion interaction altogether, then hire them all!)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 310