Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655740 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #795 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:52 pm »

I started playing this and it was way better then I thought. Only thing I don't like is how stupid the AI is. I became marshal and made ti so everyone would meet up at Sargoth. No one came after a week. I had to manually go around and collect people, who proceeded to randomly decide to stop following me.
The lords don't like you.

And that dam king who won't grant me one of 10 castle's I've captured  >:(
You have a much lower chance of getting fiefs if there are Lords in the faction that have no fiefs, and if no one likes you.

I always wanted to try making an army of all peasant women. I believe they upgrade into sword sisters? Anyone have experience with how good they are?
Sword Sisters can hold their own. They have plate armour and are heavy cavalry, with crossbows on foot.

Hate the Khergits.... Just a swarm of horses that take forever to kill because your allied AI horsemen decide to chase them all to separate sides of the map. "Deshavi! Make him turn left so I can nail him!" *Deshavi swerves back and forth, causing enemy to turn right* :(
Khergits get the most complaints but they're probably the weakest faction in singleplayer.

Also, I am a jouster/horse archer. Love running around and spamming the message "X has been knocked unconscious by Micro102!"
Especially when it's a lord and you get a really nice hit in right away. Nothing is so satisfying. Except maybe defending a castle with 50 Nord huscarls and 50 Nord veteran archers and slaughtering 400+ men without losing a single guy XD
Nord Huscarls are the single most powerful unit in the game and are literally unstoppable when you have enough. 100 Huscarls versus 1000 anything means the Huscarls still win. Also, knocking out the enemy Lord in a battle will make the enemy army stop using 'tactics' and just blindly charge.

Also, what are your guys best money making methods? I have a trade route set up in which I buy fur for ~32 gold, spice for ~250 gold, pottery for ~10 gold, and salt for ~40 gold. Then I sell them for 200, 500, 30, and 180 respectively.

But it's totally random on if they have all the stuff I want to buy. So I usually just go around massacring raiders and selling off their remains  :)
Curaw and Ahmerrad sell iron for cheap. Khudan, Reyvadin and Tulga buy iron for a lot.
Tulga sells salt and spice for cheap. Khudan and Curaw buy them for a lot. Ahmerrad buys spice for a lot.
That little area contains the best trade route in the game.

You can also open businesses in towns for a profit. Always go for the highest net gain, regardless of the cost to open the business. Having the most profitable businesses in all 22 towns will earn you about 11,000 a week.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 15, 2010, 07:08:56 am »

Yeah, Khergits are impossibly terrible opponents. I usually take three to four unconscious casualties, max, when the ratio of Khergits to my guys is 2:1. I still win handily at 3:1 but I do take fatalities.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 15, 2010, 08:35:09 am »

I recently tried the Brytenwalda Mod and i really enjoy it.

It`s a mod about England Anno Domini 637- With many factions, new units and concepts. You get, for example spy units that can scout, the battles are improved (You can now order your troops to form a shieldwall, for example) And the enemy a.i is also slightly increased.

Really worth a try!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 15, 2010, 10:33:09 am »

My favorite army in the game is :

Rhodok Crossbowmen
Rhodok Spearmen

Orders :

Hold position in line till
Hold fire
(When enemy is in firing range) Fire
Charge
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 15, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »

You can also open businesses in towns for a profit. Always go for the highest net gain, regardless of the cost to open the business. Having the most profitable businesses in all 22 towns will earn you about 11,000 a week.

What? How do you open up a business?

Also what else is a castle good for other then giving you a fief?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:41 pm »

Well, putting people there cuts your upkeep in half, and it makes you a lot of money.

Talk to guildmasters in towns to open businesses and always go for dyemakers if you have the money, they will always turn out a good profit. But if an enemy faction owns the town that your business is in you will make no money from it.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 15, 2010, 06:33:28 pm »

Businesses are only available in the Warband expansion. I get the feeling Micro is playing the first M&B.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:29 pm »

Yeah :(

Gametap doesn't allow expansions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 15, 2010, 06:47:00 pm »

Warband is standalone.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 15, 2010, 06:47:19 pm »

Warband isn't really an expansion pack though, it's a stand-alone game.

Edit: Faster Post no Jutsu!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 15, 2010, 07:08:14 pm »

always go for dyemakers if you have the money, they will always turn out a good profit.
There are like three towns that get a higher profit from either Ironworks or a Tannery.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2010, 03:00:28 pm »

Finally got around to trying this out. It's been on my to-do list of games forever.

Enjoying it so far. Although my main character has been having a lot of problems. Mostly because she has a bad habit of being ambushed by large war parties. I'll cause a lot of damage, but I'm just not good enough to take out groups 2x as large as mine that are better equipped.

Ah, well. I'm getting better. Both at fighting and avoiding large groups of enemies before they find me.

Is there a list of recommended mods somewhere?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 15, 2010, 03:11:36 pm »

You playing warband or the normal one?

http://www.mbrepository.com/index.php <-- Where you can get mods.

Havn't been keeping up with the mods lately, so eh.
If its the non-warband, try out Native Expansion, as a starter anyways.  There are full conversions and the likes out there.  Warband, for single player, I'm currently using Blood and Steel.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:23 pm »

I've got Warband.

And, thanks, I'll check out that link as well as Blood and Steel.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 15, 2010, 03:15:01 pm »

I'm about to try Brytenwalda for warband. It looks promising.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 310