Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655742 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #780 on: September 02, 2010, 03:34:25 pm »

I just made a new character in SoD, and disbanded all of my troops. I then found 6 companions and equipped them in ronin armour and katanas just to go complete that one quest where you train the villagers to defend themselves from bandits. Do I win at that quest?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:20 pm »

Depends. How many of you died?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »

Wooo! I am now a Lord of Swadia.

...I really hope Harlus stops being a cock and makes peace with the Khanate some time soon because we are getting annihilated and I don't want to lose any more legitimate businesses. I already had to liquidate my  iron forge, which started hemorrhaging money after a siege.

On the plus side, my party's almost totally made up of knights.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:11 am »

I have massive stability issues with SoD, and when I checked out the known bugs list for the mod I found a very interesting entry...

"Q:I have windows 7 or vista and a lot of crash bugs or freezes.  A:It seems crashes happen less frequently with windows xp. If you can, install M&B on a windows XP partition."

I realy should try reading up on a game before trying it out.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:27 am »

Have you turned down the graphics Buckets? If not: I put ragdoll at 5, corpses at the same, then turn units details down to 40-60 %, and it solved most of the crashing in battles. If you have not done this, give it a whirl

I use vista 64-bit, no idea about win 7, but the mod works fine for me now
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 04, 2010, 08:46:55 am »

If you're crashing after getting into large battles chances are it's a memory overload problem.  You have only so much RAM to store the data for all those corpses you've littered the battlefield with.  If there are too many corpses and not enough RAM the game will crash.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 04, 2010, 10:19:04 am »

I had a lot of crashing in SOD, mostly after battles when it returned to the map (or more specifically, the post-battle prisoner screen). It pretty much stopped crashing after I reduced the texture quality about 20% IIRC.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 04, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »

I had a lot of crashes with mount and blade in general a while back out of the blue. I just tweaked the graphics settings until they stopped happening.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 04, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »

I tried changing directX from 9 to 7, that's helped alot with the main map stability. I'll try the things you guys have mentioned for the battles though, thanks :D

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2010, 04:50:31 pm »

Your crashing or lagging or both on the main map?

In either case: nope, DirectX 7 will not do much for you, give this a try, update your cpu's directX 9: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 05, 2010, 03:51:13 am »

Is there anything else like M&B? I love the whole recruit a small army of peasants and train and grow them till you have a horde of heavily armoured badasses thing. It get's old, even when POP3 comes out, after playing it for a few weeks though.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 05, 2010, 04:55:11 am »

After listening to the fine people of this forum and turning my graphics and such down I now have a stable SoD.

Life is good.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:31:53 am by buckets »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 05, 2010, 01:04:44 pm »

Is there anything else like M&B? I love the whole recruit a small army of peasants and train and grow them till you have a horde of heavily armoured badasses thing. It get's old, even when POP3 comes out, after playing it for a few weeks though.
heroes of might and magic is the only game that comes close to even what M&B touch.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 14, 2010, 10:52:17 pm »

I started playing this and it was way better then I thought. Only thing I don't like is how stupid the AI is. I became marshal and made ti so everyone would meet up at Sargoth. No one came after a week. I had to manually go around and collect people, who proceeded to randomly decide to stop following me.

And that dam king who won't grant me one of 10 castle's I've captured  >:(

I always wanted to try making an army of all peasant women. I believe they upgrade into sword sisters? Anyone have experience with how good they are?

Hate the Khergits.... Just a swarm of horses that take forever to kill because your allied AI horsemen decide to chase them all to separate sides of the map. "Deshavi! Make him turn left so I can nail him!" *Deshavi swerves back and forth, causing enemy to turn right* :(

Also, I am a jouster/horse archer. Love running around and spamming the message "X has been knocked unconscious by Micro102!"
Especially when it's a lord and you get a really nice hit in right away. Nothing is so satisfying. Except maybe defending a castle with 50 Nord huscarls and 50 Nord veteran archers and slaughtering 400+ men without losing a single guy XD

Also, what are your guys best money making methods? I have a trade route set up in which I buy fur for ~32 gold, spice for ~250 gold, pottery for ~10 gold, and salt for ~40 gold. Then I sell them for 200, 500, 30, and 180 respectively.

But it's totally random on if they have all the stuff I want to buy. So I usually just go around massacring raiders and selling off their remains  :)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:23:19 pm by Micro102 »

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 14, 2010, 11:40:00 pm »

Yeah peasant women upgrade to sword sisters. They're great units except that their horses are weak so the easily get dismounted and mobbed. Easiest way to make money is to raid villages.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 310