Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655484 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2010, 04:26:30 pm »

-Command an army
-Fight foes stronger than bandits
-Stop playing on easy mode
-Mods
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2010, 04:26:55 pm »

Well, it's a sandbox game. There's no linear quest or anything like that. Come up with a goal for yourself and do it.

Huge 500-1000 men battles can be really fun once you get there.

I once defended a castle with 150 people against 700 enemies.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »

Huge 500-1000 men battles can be really fun once you get there.

I once defended a castle with 150 people against 700 enemies.

This. I had 300 men against 2000 and WON
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

75 Swadian Rebels against King Harlaus's primary force of 950 in Teyvarin Castle.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2010, 04:49:52 pm »

Some castles are really good for that if your force is mainly archers. Altho, 20+ melee guys where the enemies go to is great as well.

The only thing I dislike is that the hold this position command is kind of messy on castles. Another funky trick that works in some castles is to let the enemy take the walls and meet them at the bottom of the stairs... The archers really mess them up while they're on the walls/stairs.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:49 pm »

Couching is great fun.
Too bad I've build a strength based character, as this would even allow int based characters to get quite powerful.

And as long as I have a horse and a lance in multiplayer, I'm quite good  :D

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 28, 2010, 03:36:34 pm »

I'm impressed you're so good at it. It was very easy to couchlance everything to death in the original M&B, but Warband introduced mechanics that made it more difficult to aim while maintaining the couch.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 28, 2010, 03:46:44 pm »

With a little practice, you can look to the bottom right to the point where the lance doesn't move, and as you are about to charge a guy turn to the left. In my opinion though, the scimitar and war cleaver work wonders, and I could cut down an unarmored horse with them. Polearms are just overkill, except against knights, but any stabbing weapon works well. It's even easier for me to thrust the spear into their faces for an insta-kill.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 28, 2010, 03:57:18 pm »

Couching in MP is a bit harder due to all servers having the lance control set to manual. That means you will lose couching easily and you will not enter couching when you reach enough speed.

On single player is really easy to use the lance if you leave the lance control to automatic. It will enter a couching stance and wont leave it unless you do something that will break it off.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 28, 2010, 03:59:38 pm »

I'm impressed you're so good at it. It was very easy to couchlance everything to death in the original M&B, but Warband introduced mechanics that made it more difficult to aim while maintaining the couch.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the changes.
Maybe it came so easily to me, because I didnt knew the old mechanics.

Only time it fails is, when you lance gets "stuck" in a unfavorable position, where even turning the horse doesn't help.

Anyway, it was fun to dominate that server, until people came along, who knew what they were doing  :P

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2010, 04:01:38 pm »

Couching in MP is a bit harder due to all servers having the lance control set to manual. That means you will lose couching easily and you will not enter couching when you reach enough speed.

On single player is really easy to use the lance if you leave the lance control to automatic. It will enter a couching stance and wont leave it unless you do something that will break it off.

Yeah I wondered, why it didn't work in multiplayer.
I've read that you have to press x to change into that position.
Well its not really needed, as a normal stab on horseback is usally enough to kill a foe.

Edit: Whoops. Quoting fail. Excuse my double post.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 28, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »

I only pick the lance on certain maps in MP, otherwise I stick to really long two handed weapons.

I suck with lances. :(

Yeah I wondered, why it didn't work in multiplayer.
I've read that you have to press x to change into that position.
Well its not really needed, as a normal stab on horseback is usally enough to kill a foe.
Not if they have a good shield and armor or are blocking low with a two handed weapon. Couching not only makes damage pass through most weaker shields and blocks, but pretty much doubles the shield damage they take. Even if they don't die from it, they will likely lose their shield.

And yep, you have to press X (switch weapon mode) on MP to enter couching. There's a circle icon that turns red and sort of transparent to tell you when you can enter couching.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

If you can cut down the horse and hit the person in the same blow, they usually can't defend against that... I think. That's what happens in Singleplayer anyway.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2010, 04:11:59 pm »

I only pick the lance on certain maps in MP, otherwise I stick to really long two handed weapons.

I suck with lances. :(

It was a frozen sea, with some kind of viking ship trapped on top.
After all the horsmen ganked up on all the other troops, the switched and we had epic horse battles :D

Not if they have a good shield and armor or are blocking low with a two handed weapon. Couching not only makes damage pass through most weaker shields and blocks, but pretty much doubles the shield damage they take. Even if they don't die from it, they will likely lose their shield.

And yep, you have to press X (switch weapon mode) on MP to enter couching. There's a circle icon that turns red and sort of transparent to tell you when you can enter couching.

Yeah, I figured that much out.
I'll try out how it works in multiplayer today.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:14:10 pm by Mindmaker »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 28, 2010, 04:15:20 pm »

Yeah, that map is great for the lance (as well for archers), the terrain is pretty flat, so you rarely lose couching and there aren't many obstacles to stop you.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 310