Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655201 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2010, 07:42:03 pm »

There's Tribes 2, but everyone could access the battlefield map.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2010, 07:59:49 pm »

Tribes was so awesome.  Tribes 2 was awesome too, though it was kind of different, but felt more like an evolution of the original.  They actually added complexity instead of just dumbing everything down.  Course that was made a long time ago when that wasn't so unusual.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:42 pm »

So i've downloaded the china ww2 mod. My army is built from loot i looted from looters. I need a town to buy weapons right?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2010, 10:33:12 pm »

So I couldn't get to talk to the Khergit leader since he was always off fucking around, and I couldn't join the kingdom. But while walking around with 25 Khergit lancers I came upon a Swadian castle with only about 30 soldiers defending it. I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I captured it. And soon had to fight off a lord with an army of 115. I died halfway through but the RNG was kind and my castle was saved. But then ALL of the swadian lords gathered around my castle. I know my limits. My army limit was less than 40. I sacrificed what turned out to be most of my lancers trying to escape. But the Khergit lords showed up. All of them. And fought off the Swadians. And left. I'm not sure why they did that, but I really like the Khergits. And so far I've gathered up and garrisoned about 70 relatively weak troops in my castle, so hopefully I won't be brutally raped before I can find more. 1 lancer left.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »

That 1866 mod is awesome, yo.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:40 pm »

I had every faction war with me before i could ally with any
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2010, 05:22:54 am »

Sword of Damocles is awesome, except it keeps crashing on me, usually after battles when I click to go back to the overland map. I make sure to quick save just before every battle, but having to redo some battles 2-3 times is not very fun. I'd switch to a different mod if there weren't several features in SoD that are hard to live without once you've gotten used to them.

1866 looks fun, but I get slaughtered brutally every time I try to do a battle.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2010, 06:17:33 am »

So i've downloaded the china ww2 mod. My army is built from loot i looted from looters. I need a town to buy weapons right?
find a non-japanese town and bribe the baggage officer during the day.  Then buy tasty weapons and ammo!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2010, 07:11:34 am »

So I picked this up when it was 5 dollars and, uh, yeah. I have an army with 40 Swadian Knights and 20 Khergit Veteran Horse Archers.

We're licensed rape-ologists.

Seriously though, it's absurd. I just jump in with my Balanced Military Scythe and a backup Tempered Sabre, charge in on my Spirited Courser and pop a few things with couched lance damage, and then watch 60 horsemen crash down upon the enemy and constantly knock everyone over while slashing at them until we win.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:25 am »

Horsemen are evil to fight against an army of. I'm actually quite good at fighting them on foot if i'm with some rhodok spearmen because i sidestep and take out the horse with a swipe from a war sword or great axe. then they get stabbed till they die

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2010, 08:48:23 am »

Horsemen are unstoppable unless you can neutralize their mobility.

Also, Rhodoks suck. Period. I signed on with the Swadians and we've been at war with the Rhodoks for a while and WOW THE RHODOKS CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Supposedly their spears make them good against cavalry, but this is not true. At all. My all-cavalry army decimates them easier than it can take out even Nords or Khergits.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2010, 08:50:15 am »

Horsemen are unstoppable unless you can neutralize their mobility.

Also, Rhodoks suck. Period. I signed on with the Swadians and we've been at war with the Rhodoks for a while and WOW THE RHODOKS CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Supposedly their spears make them good against cavalry, but this is not true. At all. My all-cavalry army decimates them easier than it can take out even Nords or Khergits.
Yeah. The whole thing with the spear taking timing and accuracy to do any damage ruins it.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2010, 08:51:51 am »

But the board shields are so useful if you want something hardy enough to be able to draw archer fire while your guys close in.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:59 am »

Orrrr I can charge in with my Suede Knights set to follow me, and their archers won't get off more than one volley before I start bomping them all with my horse so they draw their melee weapons (with hilariously awful results on their end).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:10 am »

1866 looks fun

Goddammit.  Five hours of my life, gone!  Just that fast.  But hey, call me Aaron Burr, 'cause I got my own New Confederate Army going here.

Also, all those old Westerns where they show guys banging away with pistols from across a street and hitting air?  Yeah, they're pretty accurate.  The depiction that is, not the pistols.  Not in the slightest.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 310