Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655088 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 09:49:47 am »

I hate the nades in the China mod. :C

Local Army gives nades to everyone, especially officers. It ends up looking as if I had lots of artillery firing at everything. And by everything, I mean my units as well because the dummies throw the nades even when there's an ally standing right in front of them. Doesn't help that nade amounts are 10 per slot either, so even if they only had one slot of nades, that'd be 50x10 -> 500 grenades per battle.

Basically, in a 50vs50 fight around 75 will die. And all of them killed by my people. :S

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 10:48:00 am »

I just murdered about 400 peasants in the course of a week, solo.

BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 01:18:47 pm »

Hey, he had people do it for him.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »

Wait, so, Armagan, I can only marry lords and ladies?

Ugh not cool.  I wish to hold Marnid Ymira in my arms.  ;_____________;

Any word if they're doing anything about that hero-unit infighting thing?  That was kind of annoying, though it was fun to see the quarrels and stuff I guess.  Maybe I could get a mediation skill or something to keep the peace?

Also, it's always bugged mt that I personally have to take the skills like inventory and prisoner management.  I guess it's something to do with how you lose an ally's use of skills if they get injured?  But, I'm always making an Int/Cha character to take all the personal skills.  Couldn't I just tell them to stay off the field, or assign them as a quartermaster or whatever?  ...But then there'd be the problem of them scattering on a defeat, I guess.  Blah.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 08:40:05 pm »

Rolf son of Rolf asks you for your crazy eyed hand in marriage. :D

Actually screw Rolf, Borcha has what you need baby! ;D

There hasn't been any other info to my knowledge though I haven't been keeping up well.  This is M&B we're talking about though.  Aramagan gave up on trying to make it a complete game years ago.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:33 pm »

About the only word Armagan said in that vid I understood was 'minigames'
Ughh.

Anyone else beat The Man With No Name quick battle in 1866 yet? Immensely satisfying.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 09:58:41 pm »

Rolf son of Rolf asks you for your crazy eyed hand in marriage. :D

Our firstborn will be a girl, and we will name her Rolf, daughter of Rolf.

Anyway, I thought Warband was gonna be a multi-player only thing, but I guess not no?  Sweet.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32:25 pm »

what i love out about mount and blade is how stubborn the lords are of the factions when you rule your own castles in your name.
That is until i owned the sh*t out of 3 nord castles and they offered a peace agreement  ;D
All with 40 vaegir knights  :D

My best 2 records have been me and 60 kerghit knights taking on 250 swadians  :P
And hold a castle with 30 vaegir knights against 150 vaegirs xD

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »

I'd just like to say that I hate Rhodok Sharpshooters.  There's like a thousand bands of Sharpshooter Deserters 15 strong wandering around, who travel faster than me despite not being mounted.  They can completely obliterate my (repeatedly gathered) forces of 30ish Spearmen and Crossbowmen, their only loses being whichever unlucky two or three I happen to behead myself.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:33 pm »

Meh. I modded the Sharpshooters to use guns.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 10:57:55 pm »

I'd just like to say that I hate Rhodok Sharpshooters.  There's like a thousand bands of Sharpshooter Deserters 15 strong wandering around, who travel faster than me despite not being mounted.  They can completely obliterate my (repeatedly gathered) forces of 30ish Spearmen and Crossbowmen, their only loses being whichever unlucky two or three I happen to behead myself.

I don't mind them so much as mounted archers. Nothing is worse then getting shot in the face by a Khergit horseman while he's riding circles around you.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:30 am »

I have learned to avoid the khergit. The nords also make crappy allies. We took one castle then when we marched over to the vaegir territory they saw a few enemy lords and SCATTERED.

Pansys
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

Nord Vet archers are incredible. Few meatshields in front, Rhodok Spearmen with those insane board shields preferably, and they rain death, and the archers are pretty nasty in melee too.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

Nord Vet archers are incredible. Few meatshields in front, Rhodok Spearmen with those insane board shields preferably, and they rain death, and the archers are pretty nasty in melee too.

I've found that with enough archers behind meatshields, they can do incredible things against...  most things... except the heavily armored Swadian cavalry.....

I tend to stick with vaegir/villanease(from Sword of Damascus mod).
They destroy Nords and their archers.  And others too.  My cavalry tends to be with me for disrupting the enemy and/or intercepting enemy cavalry while they get peppered to minimize losses in the exchange...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 01:03:43 am »

Alright, I finally managed to figure out how to buy weapons in China mod... But I still can't get any Machine guns.  I got a decent Thompson... but then I found out Thompsons can't hit shit with autofire...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 310