Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656954 times)

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2070 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:29 am »

Wow, I tried fire and sword for a few days, and it sucks. Its like they kept everything bad about the original, ignored the good stuff about warband, and added guns.

Yeah, I think that as well. It is more or less the same game with some tweaks and guns. Although, due to the elitist clan community (Australian community anyway) using a musket is for "noobs who don't know how to play properly" (Playing properly meaning using a one handed melee weapon).

Yannanth

« Reply #2071 on: January 10, 2012, 05:09:17 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:10:38 am by Yannanth »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:41 am »

Warbands c-rpg

If you like character progression and multiplayer, there's CRPG, but you may or may not like the community...

Playing outside american school hours = a bazillion archers who canīt hit the broad site of a barn and cry if you stab them

Playing at night or inside american school hours = Manly vikings duking it out in one on ones and a sense of honor as people wait while the last enemy duels them one by one, standing in a circle and chanting.

>sigh

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: January 10, 2012, 06:40:50 am »

The thing is, guns suck. Bows are better. They are in this game and they were historically. The only reason guns were used was because it was easy to train people to use them.

The only fun I had with guns was shooting someone in the face, or holding fire for a musket volley. Which looks cool but is hardly effective.

Also...Spearmen....Somehow stabbing you when the tip of their spear is 5 feet behind you and your up in their face with a sword.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 10, 2012, 10:50:21 am »

I love WFaS multiplayer. If you are not in Australia, check Westers EU Siege, there are often 100+ people playing. There are many new maps and a rebalance mod, so Swedes aren't so overpowered as in vanilla.

Musket volleys are effective when defending certain castles, such as Nomad camp, having 20 musketeers firing at the gate is pretty effective...

There are certainly many glitches I hope to see fixed in M&B2 though.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: January 14, 2012, 02:02:41 am »

Been playing Warband again, I'm loving it.  Joined the Swadians using a guy named Barbasor ( cheesy name, I know, but I like it ) and they gave me Iberan.  I'm guessing its the same with all campaigns if you join Swadia?  Anyway, one of my better moments was telling King Harlaus that a Khergit castle had only a 140+ men.  I knew that Harlaus would have at least 200 men, so I told him about the castle, and he took my advice.  We both rode to the castle, where I got knocked unconscious repeatedly.  Nonetheless, Harlaus got the castle ( gave it to himself  ::) ) and Swadia is stronger for it.

The reason I enacted this whole thing was for my precious Iberin, which got looted by the Khergits.  An eye for an eye, you Mongol rip-offs. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:34 am »

Isn't that more like an eye for a head?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 14, 2012, 08:04:02 pm »

Wow Fire and sword actually cheats. I siege a fort, has ~120 guys. I lose the first assault but have killed 80 of his men, losing 60 myself and choose to prepare more ladders. Shortly after the lord came out with 90 troops (already more then they should have left), and when I choose to run, the fort had bumped up to 130 men. So will someone please tell me how after reducing them to 40 men, they somehow make 180 spawn?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: January 14, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »

Dude, that's not just WFaS
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 14, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »

they gave me Iberan.  I'm guessing its the same with all campaigns if you join Swadia?

As far as I know, they give you the village with the least prosperity.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 14, 2012, 09:17:12 pm »

Do villages have some kind of inherent value to them? A constant baseline worth that varies from town to town? Essentially, would it be worthwhile to pillage a town into poverty before taking your oath in order to get one with an inherently higher ultimate payout or am I just nuts?

Even without baseline value, this may prove worthwhile to obtain a more secure fief. If you manage to make a town in the heartland the poorest in the faction it should be handed to you but still benefit from other nobles protecting their own lands to an extent that the crappy border towns you normally get would not. They'd hate your guts, but I think the reduced pillagings should generate a superior long-term payoff.
... and then it explodes!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:05 pm »

Well I believe the town values are bugged and don't change like they are suppose to. I have seen villages values change.

And yes a good border village does not win over an inland bad one. I have to constantly fight off armies trying to raid my village (singular) and have little time to do anything else.

Also, does anyone know is buying caravans in F&S is a good idea? You get a discount but you also get taxed, your faster then the caravan, and I think you have to pay a minimum of 200 for guards.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:38:34 pm by Micro102 »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »

Caravans can be profitable if you manage to get a good route. If you have enough people in your army you can just defend it yourself and pay minimum for guards.

I can't remember where a good route is, but I think there's goods that trade in Warsaw with a nearby town that's fairly profitable and vice versa, with very little travel time, but I can't remember what it is. I think it's mentioned in one of the getting started threads on the taleworlds forum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 14, 2012, 11:42:39 pm »

Ultimate path to money in WF&S:

Buy food from villages, sell to forts
Buy gunpowder from towns, sell to forts

If you only do these things, you will be a rich, rich warrior.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2084 on: January 15, 2012, 04:07:10 am »

When I tried With Fire & Sword, I found out that Warband is better in every single way.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 310