Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656928 times)

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2055 on: November 06, 2011, 08:10:17 pm »

Right I just made a new companion in about 3 minutes, I dont see how it could of gone wrong  :-\ as all you have to do is add a new troop type hmm. Is your module_info set up correctly? and have you started a new game?

Module info:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Module Troop:

Screenshot I just took:

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:49 pm »

Yeah, I've created several new games just in case.

Hmm...I wonder. I tried to do this as part of my overall mod. Maybe something is interfering? I'll have to try a copy of vanilla and add it there. Maybe that will work?

Of course, if that's the case It'll be trickier to figure out where the problem is. But at least it'll be a start.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:08 am »

If it works on a copy vanilla and not on your overall mod you could list what you've changed and we'll try and work out what the problem is. I'm guessing something to do with module scripts or one of the headers. Also it might be a idea to make say 5 new companions instead of 1 so its easier to test (i.e you'll be able to find one quicker).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 07, 2011, 12:09:21 pm »

Posting to watch, since I acquired all three M&B games a couple of months ago.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 07, 2011, 12:30:56 pm »

My favourite thing to do in Mount and blade? Form a kingdom. I've been having buckets of fun in Native Expansion with it.

Then, my buddy nonchalantly walks by and tells me about "Sword of Damocles", which is apparently a kingdom-focused mod for Mount and Blade.

It has JUST this second finished downloading. I'd provide a link, but you'd sooner have it googling for it, rather than waiting for me to finish posting this because i needtogoandinstallITNOW.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 07, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »

Use this link to find all the major mods:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html

Damn it I'm getting the urge to mod again, been doing it on and off since the mount and blade betas.

Also this mod is pretty fun, play as soldier in one of the lords armies:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,232.0.html

Also a fun multiplater mod, a horde mode for mount and blade:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119350.0.html

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »

Ok, had a chance to do a vanilla test. And, yeah, worked like a charm. Direct copy-paste of the code I was using, too, so no difference there. Which means something else in my main Mod is causing them not to show up.

My mod has Diplomacy integrated, along with some new armor and weapons as well as a bunch of new troops and troop trees. Hadn't done anything to the companions, though. Maybe I'll poke around the Diplomacy threads, see if there is a known bug with it or something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #2062 on: November 08, 2011, 12:28:06 am »

LMAO chickendipper x) nice Companion.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 08, 2011, 06:54:09 am »

Ok, had a chance to do a vanilla test. And, yeah, worked like a charm. Direct copy-paste of the code I was using, too, so no difference there. Which means something else in my main Mod is causing them not to show up.

My mod has Diplomacy integrated, along with some new armor and weapons as well as a bunch of new troops and troop trees. Hadn't done anything to the companions, though. Maybe I'll poke around the Diplomacy threads, see if there is a known bug with it or something.

Right an idea would be to send or post your modules troops, module scripts and maybe triggers etc if you've edited them. I'll have a look and see whats wrong??

LMAO chickendipper x) nice Companion.

Haha I'm glad someone appreciates my childish sense of humour  ;)!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 08, 2011, 12:01:47 pm »

Sure. PM me your e-mail and I'll zip them up and send them to you.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 11, 2011, 12:57:14 pm »

Finally figured it out. A missing slash in my config file made it so that things weren't updating in the right spot. Gah. So easy, and yet so hard to spot.

In any case, I now have custom companions!
Come play Mafia with us!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 07, 2012, 03:49:49 am »

New Brytenwalda release, hopefully less buggy, adds some interesting sounding sea mechanics and some other stuff. Downloading now, personally.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211124.0.html

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 07, 2012, 05:03:34 am »

What does it do? Add the British Isles to the game? I tried reading about it but just didn't get it.

What are some other epic mods for warband?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 07, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »

If you like character progression and multiplayer, there's CRPG, but you may or may not like the community...

There's also mount & Musket which I've heard was pretty good.

But if you like good old fashioned vanilla M&B but want more from it, go for Diplomacy.

Check this link then click the spoilers at the bottom of the lists, they show the top rated mods from the community.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 09, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »

Wow, I tried fire and sword for a few days, and it sucks. Its like they kept everything bad about the original, ignored the good stuff about warband, and added guns.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 310