Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF on a 42 inch LCD TV  (Read 5134 times)

Melfice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF on a 42 inch LCD TV
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 10:33:41 am »

Microsoft Surface  :D

The fuck is that. They want me to install a software just to look at a few damn pictures?
Microsoft mindset at its finest, spreading into every market possible. Silverlight is just a replacement for Flash.

Yes, Silverlight is Microsoft being Microsoft.

However, from my experience, Silverlight is actually more efficient (clientside) than Flash. Its weird.  :o

It is MS being MS, but let's be honest Silverlight vs Flash? Silverlight wins. However due to it being MS and more importantly it being "MS being MS", people won't gravitate to it as much.

It also doesn't help that Flash is pretty well established now, and Microsoft's Silverlight is more or less trying to weasel itself in that market.

EDIT:
Flash as already won though, silverlight faces a very steep uphill battle to even get close to the user count.

Of course ms has the advantage of being able to pre-install silverlight on new os's

Unless you're in Europe, where Adobe (the owners of Flash, if I remember correctly) could bring that issue to light with the European Union and have it banned from the OS. Pretty much like what happened with the Windows Media Player.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:37:24 am by Melfice »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 11:10:10 am »

A friend of mine is a projectionist in a local cinema.

This SHALL be done within the week.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 11:11:42 am »

Unless you're in Europe, where Adobe (the owners of Flash, if I remember correctly) could bring that issue to light with the European Union and have it banned from the OS. Pretty much like what happened with the Windows Media Player.

But just like the WMP free version they'll release it along side the version that includes everything at the same price and it won't get sold at all.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:21 am »

I can't even remember the last time I used the preinstalled WMP for anything. I always run WMP Classic from the K-Lite pack.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 05:51:05 pm »

A friend of mine is a projectionist in a local cinema.

This SHALL be done within the week.

Oh man, I am awaiting this one  :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.
Pages: 1 2 [3]