Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351626 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3285 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

I've been banned for the same, apparently 1.1.1.1 is a friend then.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: January 20, 2013, 12:40:57 pm »

I bet if you make a "I won't delete the virus you installed if you don't delete anything on my HD" agreement with someone it counts as being "friendly"

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3287 on: January 20, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »

I did that to an extent, in that a guy left me a message like that, but the virus he installed was higher level than my damn antivirus anyway, so it was impossible for me to delete it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: January 20, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

Slaving inactive dudes is allowed... I think.

I hate it when game logs me off because I'm too fast though. "You are not allowed to use bots to refresh that fast" my ass. They treat me like a potential criminal. I KNOW MY RIGHTS GODDAMIT!
It's not allowed. You are not allowed to enslave your friends, your group server, or anyone who is inactive. I too have been banned as well despite my deleting the group server as a slave. After this, I don't think I'm going to want to play games with people from Bay 12 anymore.

At the very least I don't want to play with you people for a while. That is three games that I have played with three different groups from Bay 12 over the past three years that I have had some kind of problem with. Personally, seeing as I'm really superstitious about the number three being somewhat of a double-edged sword of some kind I really don't want to take any more chances.

I'm sorry, but I'm not playing with you guys for the foreseeable future. I will still chat on occasion but honestly there are too many threes for my liking. Take this however you want, but I'm sticking with my guns. I will play alongside the lot of you though, just not with you directly and in a team of some kind.

...And if you must know, my part in this would be trusting this group's and the other two group's better judgement instead of my own reason and intuition. That's usually how I get screwed up in most multiplayer games - by trusting people over myself. Either way, I'm done with Slavehack.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: January 20, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »

i got banned for "friendly slaving" too, even thought the only virus i had on someone was not done in a friendly way. Probably means I am done with SH too

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: January 20, 2013, 08:52:32 pm »

i got banned for "friendly slaving" too, even thought the only virus i had on someone was not done in a friendly way. Probably means I am done with SH too
I had figured that others besides myself and whoever is DishWater in the IRC had received the might of the banhammer as well. Personally I saw this coming the moment we had enslaved the group server as well as the moment we had enslaved that inactive player.

Yet I did not listen to my intuition because I wanted to trust the lot of you and see where the rabbit hole would go. I don't think I will be making that mistake again in the foreseeable future, at least not with a massively-multiplayer online game. Put simply, I don't think I should trust most of this forum in that sort of situation, or most any situation really outside of a casual chat.

...In fact when it comes to the whole "Other Games" board I think the only people I trust hang out in the Tales of Maj'Eyal thread. I think after this situation resolves itself that outside of popping up in the remnants of our IRC channel I will mostly fuck off away from this particular thread.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11:26 pm »

Isn't capturing someone else's GS and turning it into a slave completely legit? I know you can't put viruses on your own bought GS but that's not what happened is it?

How inactive was the inactive player? It's just I'd guess I have some inactive slaves in so much as I haven't seen any changes to their files since I first slaved them. Should I remove them from my list?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: January 20, 2013, 09:53:38 pm »

Did every Bay 12 member get banned?

That's... interesting.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: January 20, 2013, 10:27:21 pm »

I didn't but then I never went on the GS.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »

That's... interesting.

When the mod recaptured the GS he made note of the players signed onto the group and checked them for any scripts they might've been running. Apparently the lot came up very dirty.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: January 20, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »

My account is just... gone.

Asshats. I was most definetally not doing anything against the rules. No "I'll not delete your virus" deals, didn't slave the GS, nothing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: January 20, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »

I still have my account, it seems, but honestly I'm kinda burned out on SH.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: January 20, 2013, 11:46:38 pm »

That's... interesting.

Everyone that was on the gs by the looks of it. I'm still here. But I'm losing interest. And seeing our community blasted isn't helping my waning enthusiasm for this game.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:22 am »

When the mod recaptured the GS he made note of the players signed onto the group and checked them for any scripts they might've been running. Apparently the lot came up very dirty.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Scripts? I have to admit I was tempted as I love changing sites with greasemonkey but but wanted to play by the rules. Were a lot of you running scripts?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:14 am »

No.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!