Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351596 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3300 on: January 21, 2013, 01:32:11 am »

I haven't been banned, but i didn't go anywhere near the group server.
But i have a small argument, 2 really.
1) It it classified as an 'unfair advantage' if you play cooperatively with other people, and if so, what is the point of a group server?
2) How exactly do you know if the players you have slaved are truely inactive if you don't log into them often (which isn't recommended since they'll nab your ip), also the rules state somewhere that accounts are deleted after a month of inactivity, so surely it can't be that big of a problem? Though i have noticed in forums people mentioning getting massive hauls from slaves they haven't collected from for months/over a year.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 21, 2013, 02:10:35 am »

2) How exactly do you know if the players you have slaved are truely inactive if you don't log into them often (which isn't recommended since they'll nab your ip), also the rules state somewhere that accounts are deleted after a month of inactivity, so surely it can't be that big of a problem? Though i have noticed in forums people mentioning getting massive hauls from slaves they haven't collected from for months/over a year.
I had one I hadn't touched since 2010 and it was still sat waiting for me. I think the IPs get reset on inactive accounts after a while.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 21, 2013, 11:46:47 am »

It appears a not-so-great chapter closed in our lives as a community. May we all play games which doesn't ban players with a confusing excuse in the future.

Friendly slaving, my ass. Show me how to do hostile slaving then...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3303 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:21 am »

I didn't have the GS slaved, at any point. I didn't even have access to the damn thing at the time I was banned.
Christ, I've no problem with being banned if I've actually done something to deserve it, such as in that industry sim thing where I started selling water for billions of dollars, but I'm not happy with being accused of cheating when I've done nothing of the sort.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:52 am »

Some of us probably did some stuff and the others were found guilty by association or something. It seems every official (as in, joined the GS) Bay 12 member is banned.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 21, 2013, 01:32:16 pm »

Some of us probably did some stuff and the others were found guilty by association or something. It seems every official (as in, joined the GS) Bay 12 member is banned.

Not all of us, it would seem. My account is still there.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 21, 2013, 01:38:53 pm »

As is mine, as I mentioned. I've had a 1.1 virus on the GS for a couple of weeks now and nothing's happened to me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:02 pm »

Conclusion: the mods of this game are shitty.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »

Yeah, I'm fine too.
Not that I'll continue playing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 21, 2013, 07:46:11 pm »

I wonder if the guy who owned the GS in the first place and granted us access is banned too.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »

As I understand it, the GS was hit by mods, and some people were banned? Or was it deleted?
I found the GS through magistrate101 (You changed your IP before I could upload the .wwl I promised. Sorry!)
If its still there, how can I join it?

Edit: Actually, never mind. Being burglared in real life makes this game considerably less enjoyable. It feels too real now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:48:45 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:34 am »

Well, I guess it didn't hurt that I got bored of this a bit ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: April 29, 2013, 04:26:30 am »

Koo.

Just wondering if anyone is still playing this? Lots of people from here got banned for some reason, so I'm guessing no, but I've been playing it a little and figured I'd ask. The old GS is still intact, none of the files have been deleted or anything.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 29, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

I was thinking about starting with a new account but it just seems like too much work to start from zero.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 29, 2013, 10:58:33 am »

Besides, the chance is big that we'll be banned for teamwork again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 225