Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351600 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3315 on: April 29, 2013, 11:07:42 am »

Yeah, teamwork seems to be a common reason to ban people. I sent a "ticket" to them when I got banned to clear my name and give them a subtle "fuck you" at the same time. I never got a reply.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 29, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Yeah, I got banned to. Had good times playing this too. Shame devs are assholes.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 29, 2013, 03:03:20 pm »

If anyone makes a new account I'll give ya my GS IP so you can grab stuff. I'll promptly reset it after you all get stuff, but starting from scratch sucks.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: April 29, 2013, 05:07:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure that some peeved-off players must have complained about those massive coordinated lockdown-and-clear-logs-constantly-and-hide-everything attacks we did.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 29, 2013, 05:20:08 pm »

Well those attacks are part of the game.
But I got banned sometime in January and they never replied to the ticket. I don't see a point in starting again to possibly be banned again.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:58 pm »

You could try this game. It has a similar theme/premise, although the gameplay is a bit different. I've had a bit of fun with it at some point but I don't think it has as many players any more. Could be wrong though, worth checking out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 29, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »

WHats the biggest difference between the two?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 29, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »

The gameplay is quite a bit different, despite being similarly themed. There are a lot of NPC accounts that you can hack for money and such, and gameplay quests as well. The game is also a bit more RPG-type gameplay than the skill-based hacking in Slavehack. They are similar in a few ways though, and worth checking out, I'd say.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:10 pm »

Hackwars looks interesting, if i find it good i'll start up a thread and see if anyone else will join in, perhaps we could avoid teamwork and stay unbanned? D:
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 29, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »

Hackwars looks interesting, if i find it good i'll start up a thread and see if anyone else will join in, perhaps we could avoid teamwork and stay unbanned? D:

I -think- I made a thread at one point, could always bring it back up if that's the case.

Edit: that thread is terrible and you would be better off making a new one.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:36:30 pm by quinnr »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

Marc, unless hackwars has as many asshole mods/owners as slavehack (which I doubt), I don't see a problem with having some teamwork.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:55 am »

I'm pretty sure that some peeved-off players must have complained about those massive coordinated lockdown-and-clear-logs-constantly-and-hide-everything attacks we did.
Yeah, probably. I remember that one time somebody got into my computer and I reported it in our IRC channel while strecthing time with long log-chatter and then somebody caught his IP and we hid all his stuff and spammed his HDD with ASCII art. Good times, altough he must have been PISSED.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 30, 2013, 10:34:27 am »

Well, someone get a thread for Hack Wars going.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 30, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

Well, someone get a thread for Hack Wars going.

I'll put something together when I get home this afternoon, with some basic info and stuff.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 30, 2013, 11:28:27 am »

Seems like an interesting game to play, but judging from the last five or so pages, not so much.

I can't really discern what happened, though. Did a mod forget to take their happy pills and feel like ruining the Bay12 group or were people legitimately breaking the rules?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 225