Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - It's possibly near-death.  (Read 22723 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er, I don't quite understand how clothes work. Do I use 1 unit of clothes and get a "stockpile" of luxury points until I get enough to raise morale? Do I have to save clothes until I get enough to raise morale by 1?
1 unit of clothing is enough for 10 people. If you do not have enough luxury goods stored to raise morale, I will not auto-use them. If you do have enough, I will auto-use them. Food will be auto-used if there is no granary space. Otherwise, food is stored unless you specify that it will be used. 1 food may be used with 1 unit of clothing to raise the morale of 11,000 people.

Can we get a list of what each normal leader type does, without the individual effects? Also, can you update the status post in the game thread?
Currently in the game:
Scientist (+25% research)
Governor (+1 morale)
General (Build and operate military schools, command groups of units)
Explorer (Doubles exploration speed of attached units)
Engineer (Build sophisticated buildings, build and operate mechanic's workshop)
I may add others as I see fit.
I will now update the status post.

Er, on that note, how do we utilize our leaders? Red and I have a Sage; does that mean I have to say "X research Y, with Sage helping", or does it just give a passive bonus?
Most leaders just sit in a city giving a passive bonus. Generals and explorers may either sit in a city (Generals will be able to operate a military school), or they may be attached to units for a turn.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Okay, thanks!

Er, is it allowed to tell me what a Sage does?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In this game, a scientist is a sage. I do not know when I flipped the names around.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Ah, I see.
Um, can I set a research queue? For example, can I have 100 guys work on researching Construction, then Mining, then Technology 1, and have those guys move forward in the queue once they finish something, so no labor is wasted? Or do the rolls for tech Not Work Like That?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rolls for tech do not work like that. The best you can do is split your research, so one group researches construction, one group researches mining, and the third group researches Future Tech 1. Of course, then it'll take longer for you to get Construction.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 food may be used with 1 unit of clothing to raise the morale of 11,000 people.

What? I thought 1 food+1 clothing was enough for 12k people because food gives +2 for each unit?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1 food may be used with 1 unit of clothing to raise the morale of 11,000 people.

What? I thought 1 food+1 clothing was enough for 12k people because food gives +2 for each unit?
Truth. Cheddarius and Redwarrior had 11k people this turn though, which is why I typed 11,000.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Food will be auto-used if there is no granary space. Otherwise, food is stored unless you specify that it will be used.

//Looks back over his posts//

I had some excess food a while back when I didn't have a Granary, you said it rotted, whats with that year, was it not enough to boost moral???

Also.

Do I have to do anything to get my Spearmen to Mount Up or was the Horse Riding Tech enough for Training Battle Ready Units...

Also.

Back when I spotted the Elves at the first time, was the scouting enough to gauge their strength, and would they have attempted to strengthen their defenses since then???

Also for RP sake 1 Question and 1 FYI

Question; Did my Fluff do anything???

FYI; The Tahark are a Godless Race, they are war like creatures that do not pray to any gods of any kind...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had some excess food a while back when I didn't have a Granary, you said it rotted, whats with that year, was it not enough to boost moral???

Would have had to be one food per 2000 people for that. It's a lot.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have to do anything to get my Spearmen to Mount Up or was the Horse Riding Tech enough for Training Battle Ready Units...
Horse Riding is enough if you don't want an ability or specialized cavalry weapons.

Back when I spotted the Elves at the first time, was the scouting enough to gauge their strength, and would they have attempted to strengthen their defenses since then???
It was not, and probably.

Also for RP sake 1 Question and 1 FYI

Question; Did my Fluff do anything???

FYI; The Tahark are a Godless Race, they are war like creatures that do not pray to any gods of any kind...
Oh, that would be telling. It was a good amount of fluff, and, if it did nothing else, it raised your chances on the event table.

A shrine for an atheist race could be any number of things. A place with statues to great warriors, a place dedicated to the king, a place with markers of great battles, etc.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgot to ask.
Do The Leaders get free weapons and armour.
Like does the Warleader have a Spear, Shield and Armour.
And the Explorer has Armour and Bow...?

Or do i have to 'make' them for them. Or heck do they even partake in battle itself. Are they somewhat like the Officers from Dynasty Warriors (PS2) in the way they are nearly invincible and God Like...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leaders do not directly participate in battles, but feel free to think of them as having their own personal equipment.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

If I have 2 clothes, can I use 1.1 of them to get 1 morale?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could have, but you'd need 1.2 this turn, due to the way non-1000 population is calculated. Basically, the 100s add up each turn, counting as another 1000 when they reach 1000.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Ah.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18